Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GowthamamYour feedback matters!
I was suffering from depression from last 6-7 years and I consulted a psychologist and he gave me some medicine and I think now I am 99% fine. But still there are negative thoughts and I can't come out from over thinking. What should I do.
How to remember answers fast and for longer time How to get a sharp mind. I forgot answer in one day which I learned yesterday. please plz help. Me im fyb. Com student.
I lost somebody close last year and since then very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time please help me.
Sir, madam, mujae 2-3 years sae legs Mae pain rhata hai permanent nai rhata month Mae 3-4 bar ho jata hai pain and pain itna high hota hai ki bardash nai hota bahot tej pain hota hai fir mujae pain killer leni parti hai fir aram parta hai aur meri neck Mae bi pain rhata hai neck ki bone kafi crack hoti hai, Mae body Mae pain sae bahod pateshan ho. please kuch bataiye yae Ku hota hai aur jab leg Mae pain hota hai to mujsae chala bi nai jata, puri leg ki bone Mae dard mahsos hota hai panjae sae lae kar ghotnae sae nichae tak hi dard hota hai please help me Thanx.
I am 30 years old male, md microbiologist, shy, reserved and anxious type of personality, suffered from anxiety and depression is on sertraline 50 mg od feels always drowsy, kindly suggest any other therapy.
I am a 18 years boy. Now a day I cannot concentrate on my study. Due to family problem. So guide me what to do! Needed your help.
I m27 yrs old I had a gf we decided to get married due to some reason she broke up with me now I m into whole lot of depression.
I think l am loosing my memory power and concentration. What is the best solution for improving memory power and concentration. What is the best medicine or powder for it. Pls tell me the solution.
I do abuse alcohol. Causes may be irritation because of house issues. I also tend to avoid in hand tasks & delay .probably due to effect of alcohol particularly day time. I do not have problem of sleep at night & do reasonable exercise at least 4/5 days a week. How I can get out from alcohol abuse.?
My daughter age 24 has the following symtoms sleeps a lot, eats a lot, foul mood mostly in the evenings, trouble sleeping in the night is she suffering from schizophernia or depression?
The feeling of instability is the crux of borderline personality disorder. This condition usually begins in early adulthood and is worst at its onset. As a person ages, borderline personality disorder usually improves and becomes easier to handle. For a person with borderline personality disorder, everything from their relationships to their moods, thinking and behaviour is unstable and constantly changing. This can be frightening but thankfully, this condition can be treated.
As with any other personality disorder or health issue, the earlier a condition is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat. Hence, it is important to understand the signs and symptoms of this disorder. This disease manifests itself in different ways in each person but some symptoms are commonly experienced. These include:
- Fear of abandonment: No one likes to be alone, but people suffering from borderline personality disorder are terrified of being abandoned. Even something as simple as being stood up at a meeting, can make such a person extremely anxious. It can also lead to relationship problems by making the person seem clingy and jealous about their partner.
- Unstable relationships: For a person suffering from this disorder, relationships are either perfect or failures. Hence their relationships are extremely passionate but very short lived and they often feel disappointed by their partners.
- Unstable self-image: People suffering from this disorder may feel very confident one day and feel the opposite on the next. Though everyone has shifting views of their identity form time to time, for people suffering from this personality disorder, theses shifts are extreme. It can often lead to frequent changes in jobs, friend circles, relationships, goals and values. It can also cause changes in their understanding of sexual orientation.
- Impulsive behaviour: People who display self-destructing and attention seeking behaviour may suffer from this condition. This disorder has been often associated with alcoholism, drug abuse and recklessness.
- Suicidal behavior: People suffering from this disorder may often be associated with behaviour that physically harms them. They are also capable of following through on suicidal threats.
- Mood swings: Extreme fluctuations in emotions and moods are a common experience or people suffering from borderline personality disorder. These mood swings usually start only a few minutes of a few hours unlike depression and other anxiety disorders.
- Suspicion about everyone around: Borderline personality disorder can make a person struggle with suspicious thoughts about everyone around them and make them paranoid. They often feel out of touch with reality and can feel spaced out when under stress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I lost someone three month before. Her memories disturbs me a lot. I feel very depressed and want to overcome this depression. And I am also addicted to watching porn and masturbation at mental level I wanna overcome it. Please help me.
Even if one Being is underweight, keeps on taking stress and anxiety unnecessarily will he be affected by cardiac arrest? What does the cardiac arrest cause to human?
What are symptoms of depression? How a normal person can identify it? What is difference between sadness and depression?
I am suffering from high Fever and every part of body very painful and headache pain is not going. Please help me.
Having children is a challenging and full time job. Whether you have one child or four of them, the mental and emotional implications of raising a child will always be tremendous. This is mainly due to the fact that children have a way of becoming your greatest challenge. They are a life altering addition to your home and life and you would do well to understand this as you evolve as a parent, rather than letting it hinder the other quarters of your life.
Read on to know the surprising ways in which kids can affect your relationship, and what you can do about it!
- Sharing Responsibilities: While marriage or cohabiting may change the way you look at the person you dated, having a child with that partner completely changes the logistics in the relationship. This is because the unsaid rule of responsibility comes into the picture. While both parents are equally responsible for the child, a delicate rhythm and routine tends to fall into place. Yet, the setting of this very routine can take the mickey out of the most compatible couples when it comes to figuring out expectations and the unsaid pressure. For example, as per medical studies, it has been proven that fathers tend to have a less active role when the couple is raising a daughter. So, in case you are facing a laid back partner, you may want to discuss sharing responsibilities that would have little to do with gender centric roles.
- Full Time Job: Your relationship with your partner and spouse is one of the things that will get heavily impacted by the addition of a child or children to your equation. This is because raising a child is a full time job that requires the commitment of two people who are unique and were drawn to each other for certain reasons that may seem very different when a third individual is in the equation, especially one who requires full time care and raising. Here, you can remember to show your emotions in a less judgmental manner and discuss things on a regular basis to avoid strife.
- Career: While most women go through the pain of labour and delivery, men may go through the guilt of tying down a woman who might have been career oriented. In such cases, it is best to talk about getting back to a career and the support that the father can render, beforehand.
There are a number of ways in which child rearing affects individual households. So, it is best to go in for counselling in case things get too difficult to handle.