Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GowthamamYour feedback matters!
I have a 12 year old boy with klin (chromosome xyx) syndrome. He cannot speak and walk. He can manage a wheel chair. Active to some extent. Only one testis is visible. Head is slight; y bigger. Fair and lovely. Where can I get right treatment for such a child and what is that?
I am 45 years old female I am suffering from body pain specially when stood after long time what type of these symptoms are? Your valuable advice please. Thanks.
I am 26 years old and I get angry in seconds on small matters. Actually I had a breakup and am trying to get over it. All I want is to move on in life bt it' s really hard fr me to get into any relation now. I want to concentrate and do my best but all in vain:-( hope you do understand in which situation I am going through).
My boyfriend got married to someone else and he is very happy with his married life now. He made so many promises to me saying that he won't change anytime but I feel he has changed a lot and he not at all concerned about me. I feel very depressed and burst into tears and I am suffering with the feeling that I lost everything and he has forgotten everything. I am trying my best to come out of that feeling but I am unable to do so. My mood will change suddenly and my eyes get filled with tears. I am feeling hopeless. Please suggest me what should I do? I love him a lot I am unable to forget him even though he got married to someone else.
My wife has been diagnosed for Parkinson's Disease grade I in January 2016. We are finding that her skin gets dried up and she is getting wrinkles. She is 55 years old. We have been living on vegetarian diet with less oil and little spices and hotel food is limited. Anxiety and depressions are there due to this condition. Otherwise she is fine. Regular exercises and positive attitude has helped her to get rid of masking and her eyes are back to being bright. Please advise us on which high end creams she can use for face and arms. Also her hair is dull and dryness leads to dandruff. She is allergic to perfumes and hence we prefer neutral. We use hydrofil as a moisturizer. Also, we are using soap free face wash and soaps based on glycerine or from khade. Thanks in advance for your guidance.
I am always losing memory. Every time I lose my memory. When I am standing in front of anything to do something at that time I forget what to do? And also when I speak anything I can not speak what I want to speak and other words come. if I want to speak the word 'eat' I speak drink. I have no other health problems. Every thing is ok. What I do doctor?
I'm 22 year old male I have mild tremors in hand since childhood after consulting alots of doctors varying from general physicians to psychiatrists and neurologists my conditions never improved all possible test hv been done and nothing unsual found. For most its anxiety disorder because I have cold hands and feet. Please help me.
I have lost my concentration towards study. There was a time I use to study daily as I am growing up I lost this habit. How can I get it back I tried meditation but I can't even meditate for 10 min with concentration.
My mind is sometime out of control. My mind thinks every time some unnecessary thinks which I do not like to thinks. What should I do.
My wife aged 38 yrs does house hold work while taking bath. She does not allow anyone to touch her belongings. She spents even 6-8 hours a day pouring water upon her and doing routine job. If someone interrupts she becomes furious. Sometimes she removes her clothes and lie down and becomes very abusive. She doesn't allow anyone to come my house. The problem persists since her adolescence. I feel very disturbed due to her habit. Please help me if there is any medication for her.
Work related stress and anxiety is affecting my personal and family life. Have difficulty concentrating and memorizing. Is it normal? How do I manage? Please suggest effective solution.
I just searched about the symptoms of depression. And every symptoms match with my symptoms. Therefore I know that I am suffering from depression. I am in class 12. I want to do best result. And want a bright career and thats why I have to study best. But I can not study. I feel dizzy irritating and hesitated most of the times. Nd my father can not understand that m suffering from any problem my mom also. They can not want to accept the fact that I am suffering from any problem. This problem start from when m in class 9.i had fight too much with my mom that time. Can not control my anger. Started crying most of the times, feels lonely, nobody is around without mom and dad. No amazing friend circle. If I start laughing once than I can not stop myself from laughing. thats why my friends all time tells me that I am mad, I have no work to do rather than laughing. What should I do please help.
How long will alcohol and marijuana remain in our body and can be detected? Negative aspects of marijuana.
Tragedies are a part of life and at some point of life, every person undergoes some large-scale tragedy. It may be in different forms like separation, crisis in relationships, financial stress, death of a loved one, some severe disease and many others.
A large scale tragedy can cripple a person and devastate him. However, instead of breaking down, one should stand strong and face the situation. Here are 5 ways to cope with a large-scale tragedy:
- Talking to someone, honestly: You are not alone is this world and should not forget that there are many other people all around you. In case of a tragedy, you usually have a lot of pent-up feelings inside you. Instead of keeping them to yourself, you must share these feelings with your friends or any person whom you trust. Venting out will enable you to relax.
- Act on truth: Always keep in mind that whatever happens in life, there is a chance to start afresh. Always remember that you are not alone and there are people to help you out, no matter what kind of tragedy you have undergone. There is always some hope left.
- Be realistic: You have to differentiate between wishful thinking and hope and get it clear in your head. Wishful thinking might not get you anywhere and eventually you will be more disappointed. However, if you stick to reality and hope realistically, slowly you will be able to come out of your shell and face the world again. Face the reality that you have to struggle a lot for quite a long time and do not think about miracles.
- Second chances: In many situations, a tragedy comes with a blame. However, you should not confuse between condemnation and responsibility. Taking responsibility is wise, but self-condemnation takes you along the wrong track. You should give yourself another chance. You must let go of guilt and learn how to forgive and forget. By giving a new start, things will get back to normal. This is applicable in case of relationship-related tragedies.
- Have faith in God: When you are in a situation which is too tough to cope with, and you cannot foresee any hope, you have to believe in God. Keeping the faith is the best thing to do, and you should believe that hope is possible. If you have faith in a greater power, you will get through.
Large scale tragedies are difficult to cope with and can make you feel that your life is over. However, instead of isolating oneself and burying the grief, proper measures should be taken to cope with the tragedy for better and peaceful living. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.