Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gowri Shankar
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gowri ShankarYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir, I am Diabetic, Type 2, for the past, 35 years, Having heavy burning sensation below hip to feet, hence no good sleep during night so doctor advised me to take Axxit 0.5 mg sleeping tablet 5 years back still I am continuing. Many times I have tried, but no sleep till morning, Now I am not getting the same, hence now I am taking Becalm 0.5. Whether this is OK. Kindly advice me.
Hi, 6 months ago I had ultra sound and doctr told me the am suffering forn pcod and aftr prolactin test doctr told me dat I hav hormonal imbalance. Whn my period started I do not get my periods regular at dat tym dctr told me it is not to wory much aftr sumtym it vl becom regular n aftr few years I used to get my periods within 2 months. And aftr sum year again my periods became irregular n I used to get periods within 2 to 3 months sumtym aftr 3 months r aftr consulting doctr n by taking mdcns prescribed by dctr to hav periods. N she said dat your periods vl becom normal aftr having one baby cos you don't have any other prblm. Bt stil my periods are not regular n as I told dat 6 months ago another doctr told me I hav pcod n she gave mdcns ovacet to continue fr 6 months n 16 cablogin mdcns to take after four days each for hormones. But aftr 6 months again in ultra sound stil I have multiple cyst. What should I do now please suggest me. Should I consult another dctr I should go for homeopathy treatment. Do I get any serious disease lyk ovarian cancer if it is not treated properly. please suggest me.
I have pain and stiffness around neck, chest n shoulders for about 5 years . I heard from people that this is called cervical . The pain n stiffness increasing day by day. I'm so anxious, please suggest me a solution.
I think I had a problem of piles. I am feeling burning from the bathroom area from last 10 to 15 days. But no blood is coming. Pls suggest Me.
Ayurveda talks of five elements in our body. To be healthy, these five elements must be well balanced. These five elements are earth, fire, water, air and ether. Each of these elements have their own characteristics and are responsible for different bodily functions.
While the earth elements represent stability and look after parts of our body, such as the bones, teeth, cells and tissue; the fire elements represent transformation of energy and are responsible for the functioning of the digestive system, nervous reactions and thought processes.
The air elements characterize change and are largely responsible for the circulatory system and temperature regulation. Similarly, air and ether have their own characteristics and responsibilities.
The fire element is also known as agni. There are 13 types of agni in the body. The digestive agni is seated in the lower part of the stomach and small intestine and is made up of various acids and enzymes. This agni is responsible for determining each person’s dietary needs, the absorption of nutrients and burning of waste materials. Thus, a strong agni enables us to digest our food well while a weak agni leads to problems like indigestion and the creation of toxins. According to Ayurveda, the buildup of these toxins is responsible for most diseases. At the same time, an overactive agni can also be detrimental to your health. In such cases, instead of absorbing nutrients, the digestive system produces excessive heat that burns them.
A weak agni is most likely to be caused by a number of reasons. Some of these factors are such that you might not ever think twice about such as:
Eating the same type of food repetitively
Eating food out of sync with your constitution
Eating tasteless food
Irregular meal timing
Drinking too much water with your meals
Not eating when hungry
Not maintaining a regular sleep schedule and
Absence of exercise
Changing the above habits can immediately improve your agni and in turn your digestive system and overall health. Apart from this there are also a few ayurvedic ways to improve your agni. These are:
Adding pungent spices like cumin and chilli to meals
Drinking ginger tea
Eating more small meals at frequent intervals rather than a few large meals.
Eating pitta pacifying food such as ripe, juicy fruits, rice and butter.
- Include herbs that enhance the functioning of agni, such as black pepper, cinnamon, aloe vera and fennel seeds in your diet. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
M 20 year male m getting severe head ache for the past 3 days I tried everything but it didn't worked please tell me the solution.
Hello. I'm 50 years old woman. This morning immediately after I wake up my back is starting paining and difficulty in breathing. I cannot identify the pain spot. It is just changing interiorly. Usually I have gastric trouble. Could these be the symptoms of that. What to do for getting immediate relief from that? I also have hypothyroidism.
My symptoms include back pain, sexual intercourse hurts somethimes, I don't get wet wen arroused just randomly thu the day, sharp pain in my uterus and if I feel the cervics I think I feel a bump on it. Whats goin on?Please help
Impotence or erectile dysfunction (ED) is treatable. The condition improves with treatment and lifestyle changes. While there are a plethora of medical options to treat impotence, there are some simple, easy-to-follow natural remedies as well. Here is a list of six such methods:
- Walk a mile: When it comes to impotence, walking two miles a day greatly helps in countering impotence. A brisk walk in the morning or evening helps to reduce weight and intervenes in cutting down obesity. A study in 2005 showed that a healthier lifestyle can improve or even reverses impotence. A person with a 42 inch waistline is far more likely to suffer from ED than a person with a waistline of 32 inches. Maintaining a healthy weight is, therefore, a good way to treat impotence.
- Moving the nether regions: Kegel exercises are known to be conducive for a good erection and better sexual performance. The bulbocavernosus muscle gets strengthened with this exercise. The bulbocavernosus muscle serves three purposes as they help the penis to engorge blood, empties the urethra post urination and pumps during ejaculation. Some other remedies include wearing loose pants, quitting smoking and alcohol, etc.
- Herbal Viagra: Red ginseng is considered to be the herbal Viagra because of its high effectiveness. A 2005 study showed that a dosage of 600–1,000 mg per day greatly helped in countering ED. This can be found in the form of a supplement. If plants are to be used, it should be ensured that the tree is at least five years old.
- Amino acid: The body possesses L-arginine that is naturally found in the body and helps in erection. Nitric acid relaxes the blood vessels in the body and sustains an erection for a longer duration. Consumption of high dosage of amino acid (5 mg/day) for six weeks can prove to be extremely beneficial in treating impotence. It should be ensured that a doctor is consulted before starting this course. Patients with a medical condition should not consume amino acid unless specifically prescribed by the doctor to do so.
- Watermelon juice: A citrulline is a form of amino acid that is found in abundant quantities in one slice of watermelon. This is a type of amino acid which is found to be extremely effective in improving the flow of blood to the penis. A 2011 study showed that a watermelon fetches very good result in improving ED.
- Acupuncture: A study conducted in 1999 showed that acupuncture improves erection in more than 39%of the people. This alternative therapy relaxes the mind and helps a person to get more involved while having sex. While there are mixed results of this alternative therapy, it is definitely worth a try to improve ED or impotence.