Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gowri Meena
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gowri MeenaYour feedback matters!
She is skilled but misuese her knowledge. Best doctor for APollo as she meet their goals of making money for nothing. She does not know the word "patience". She is known for mood swings.
My mother is 45 years old. When she just lies on the bed and gets up after 5-10min without taking a nap, her head goes round. What is the reason? Is dis a serious problem?
1) pineapple - 1slice
2) eggs white - 3 boiled
3) avocado - 2 pieces
4) almond - 10 pieces
5) dried plum - 3 small
6) quinoa - 1/2 cup cooked
7) celery - 1/2 cup raw
8) turkey - 1 1/2 gram
9) grapefruit - 1/2 small
10) edamame - 1/2 cup cooked
Hi Dr. I am 36 years old. My first baby is 6 months old now. Breastfeeding is still going. I want to conceive soon for second baby. Please suggest regarding breastfeeding and how I can know that my body is ready for 2nd baby. I have pcod also.
Hi I get pain during intercourse and I get less feeling when having sex and my vagina is also dry pls help as we are trying for a baby.
I am in period today is my 2 day but 7 day its will not stop so I want a tablet name but not a birth control.
Getting older. Back pain is more common the older you get. You may first have back pain when you are 30 to 40 years old.
Poor physical fitness. Back pain is more common in people who are not fit.
Being overweight. A diet high in calories and fat can make you gain weight. Too much weight can stress the back and cause pain.
When you think of healthy food, cornflakes and oatmeal are probably the first things that come to mind. For most people, eating healthy translates into eating boring, bland food. So, if you're on a diet, here's some good news for you. Healthy food does not have to be bland or expensive.
Here are 6 indigenous Indian healthy foods that are ideal for you.
- Idli: This south Indian steamed dish is free from oil and fats and rich in carbohydrates and proteins. Having a low fat content makes idlis very easy to digest. Idlis are prepared using a combination of rice and dal. Their amino acids complement each other and the fermentation process enhances the vitamin b and protein levels in the dish.
- Sattu: Sattu is a staple dish in Bihar that is made primarily from roasted gram flour along with barley and wheat flour. Sattu is rich in fiber, has cooling properties and has a low glycaemic index. Roasting the flour also helps retain all the nutrients in the flour. Sattu can be made in a number of ways including paranthas and ladoos.
- Dhokla: Dhoklas are steamed Gujarati snacks made using gram flour. As with idlis, the flour is allowed to ferment before steaming. This helps enhance its nutrient value. Dhoklas also have a very low glycaemic index and is easy to digest.
- Bajra: Bajra is a very humble grain that is commonly eaten in Rajasthan. Bajra is a rich source of energy and aids digestion. It has an anti diabetic effect and is also said to promote a healthy heart. The lignin in grains is also said to have cancer protecting properties. Bajra is a winter food that is usually made into rotis or khichadi.
- Daliya: Daliya is also known as broken wheat. Daliya recipes can be sweet and savoury. Daliya is a complex carbohydrate that is slow to digest and hence releases energy at a slow, sustained rate. This makes it an ideal food for people suffering from high cholesterol or diabetes. The high fiber content also makes daliya easy to digest.
- Sprouts: Almost every guide to healthy eating promotes sprouts. As the name suggests, sprouts are lentils that have been germinated till they 'sprout' a root. This germination process makes them easy to digest by breaking down the nutrients into simple forms. Sprouts are rich in fiber, vitamin, minerals and proteins. They can be eaten raw or cooked depending on your preference.