Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gowri Meena
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gowri MeenaYour feedback matters!
She is skilled but misuese her knowledge. Best doctor for APollo as she meet their goals of making money for nothing. She does not know the word "patience". She is known for mood swings.
My wife gave birth to a baby six months back and since then she is having irregular menstruation periods. Some times it comes after twenty days and some times in fifteen days and now almost 35 days have gone since her last periods. Although we haven't any sexual intercourse still We have done the test which has shown negative result? Please provide appropriate answer for the problem. Do we need to consult a gyne? My wife is breastfeeding the baby could this be the cause please clarify?
Meri sister hai uski marriage 2012 me hui thi nd usko baby nhi ho pa raha hai last one year se try kar rahi hai bhut se Dr. Ko bhi dikhaya but koi result nhi aaya please suggest her.
Can sex really lead to weight gain or loss? Well, there are a lot of differences of opinion about the impact of sex on a body. However, there are many researches that suggest that having too much sex leads to weight gain among women. On the other hand, there are also views, which say that sex helps to burn calories. So let us discuss the two aspects separately.
Sex and Weight Gain
There are reports where women say they gain weight on their hips and breasts after making love. The reason behind this weight gain can be the hormone “prolactin”. It stimulates fatherly love and milk production. The level of hormone in the blood levels increases especially when orgasm is reached after sex.
However, it is a common belief that people after marriage often tend to gain weight. Not only women, but men also gain a lot of weight after their marriage. But scientists believe it has nothing to do with sex as there are no physiological reasons to establish that.
After marriage, people get a sense of security and they start living happily with their life partners. This reason is considered to be more predominant behind weight gain in people.
Researches show that when compared to people in relationships, single people eat less. After getting married, couples have meals together and calorie intake goes high naturally. Researchers also say that a happy and secure relationship can actually increase the appetite. Nonetheless, men and women may not be aware that they are eating more than usual because of their happy relationship.
Hence, to make sure you are not putting on excess weight after marriage, keep your diet in check. A healthy diet and a little bit of regular exercise go a long way in helping you remain in good shape.
Sex and Weight Loss
The fact is you actually burn some calories after you exhaust yourself in bed. Figures suggest that on an average, 100 calories get burned in 30 minutes of passionate sex. So the more active you are in bed, the more you lose weight.
According to another study, the amount of stress on the heart of young married men during sex is tantamount to walking up to two flights of stairs. During sex, the heart rate goes as high as 130, which is considered similar to moderate physical activity.
Sex also does curb your fat and carbohydrate cravings because of cortisol, the high-anxiety hormone that can be kept in check by having regular sex.
So for that slimmer midsection, stay active in bed. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Homeopathy believes that infertility is just a manifestation of a deep, underlying body symptom. So while conventional medicines try to treat infertility by just looking at the reproductive system, homoeopathy looks at the body as a whole. The doctor will try to understand the couple’s underlying problems and then come up with a cure. Male and female infertility is addressed separately and the most common remedies are listed below.
It is extremely important to note that self-medication is not advised, and each couple and individual would need proper assessment and treatment.
- Agnus Castus:
- This is used in males where infertility is associated with erectile dysfunction
- It helps improve sexual desire and physical ability to perform
- The patient would have cold, relaxed, flaccid genitals
- Impotency in these men is also associated with mental depression
- Though desire is present, the erections are generally weak and not
- These men also may have erectile dysfunction with weak and delayed erections.
- Emissions may be rapid and involuntary.
- Reduced sperm count
- Improves both quantity and quality of sperms
- Useful in males with orchitis
- The testicles are hard, swollen, and enlarged
- History of suppressed desire
- Sabal Serrulata
- Associated with wasting of testes
- Also useful where there is prostate enlargement or prostatitis
- Natrum Phos:
- Discharge is honey coloured, sour smelling, and irritating
- This discharge is also acidic, reducing sperm life
- Aletris farinose
- These women present with menstrual cycles that are short, suppressed, and not regular in the flow.
- There is also a bearing down sensation where the patient feels the uterus is going to slide down
- It is also possible these women have reduced drive
- Natrum carb
- These women have difficulty retaining sperms
- The vaginal discharge could also be offensive and irritating
- Calcarea Carb:
- This is another remedy used when there is profuse bleeding during the menstrual cycles
- The periods also tend to appear before their due date and tend to last longer than usual. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I clearly explain a boy ejaculates in water bucket after 10 mins it was used by a girl for vaginal was any pregnancy risk?
My LMP IS 26 th july. Today my vaginal discharged strong thick yellow brown mixed one with drop of blood in that moment. After that no bleeding. What is the reason? am planning for pregnancy. If it is misscarrg?
It is often believed that eggs tend to heat up your stomach and, hence, should be avoided as much as possible. People believe that eating eggs during the hot summer months can lead to detrimental health effects. One of the reasons attributed to this belief is that eggs contain copious amounts of cholesterol, which can generate tremendous amounts of body heat.
However, contrary to popular belief, eggs do not heat up your system and perfectly safe for consumption during the season of some summer.
Having eggs for breakfast helps you with the following:
1. Cholesterol Factor - To be precise, a single egg provides 212 mg of cholesterol out of the recommended 300 mg. However, cholesterol in your diet does not raise the cholesterol levels in your blood. This happens because the liver produces a high quantity of cholesterol each day, and when you eat more eggs causing your cholesterol levels to rise, the liver starts producing less of it. In fact, a study found that eggs didn't raise cholesterol in 70% of its test subjects.
2. Provides Choline - Choline is a substance, which is required by the body to build cell membranes and to perform a horde of other functions like liver function, brain development, nerve, and muscle function. Lack of choline could lead to disruption of these functions. Whole eggs contain more than 100 mg of this less known nutrient, and therefore, should be a part of your diet.
4. Reduce Risk of Stroke - For many decades, eggs have been unfairly criticized. A popular misbelief was that high cholesterol in eggs made them a cause for cardiac problems. In a review, which accounted for 17 studies and a total of 263,938 participants, no associations were found between eggs and heart diseases. Eggs are also highly filling and help to lose weight to a certain extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.