Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gowri Dr NYour feedback matters!
I am ready made shop kipper. Long time I have to. After effect I have piles. So bleeding. How can I do.
I am a severe patient of Asthma disease. I can not suffer the dusts from cement, pillow or blankets, immediate action occurs in my lungs, then inhaler will be very much necessary at that moment. I can not work hard, as my heartbeat runs fast after that. The condition is from my childhood, & now I am 27 years. Last check was done in VMC, Vellore. They found the left side of my lungs become weak. So what should YOU suggest me to do.
I have cough, fever, cold, severe headache, weakness, fatigue since 2 months and is not being cured even after trying all possible medicines wich had cured it before.
I have fever with chills and rigor, from the last 4days, can you help me in advising probable prescription.
Sir, Jab bhi me likhta hu to likhtey time mere haath kaptey hai me kuch bhi saaf nahi likhpata hu ye problem mere saath 2 saal se h sir please koi ilaaz btaye me bahut paresan hu mere padahye bhi nahi ho pa rahi h please sir iska kuch samadhan bataeye.
I cant sleep properly there is no stress or tension its just the sleep thats bothering me. Now I cant eat properly also am becoming more irritate now a days please help.
Hello doctor, last week my wife had done the family planning operation, now want to know that when can we do the sex after operation, any specific time to wait and later on we do sex.
I had a head ache from last 1 yr. So I really very bad condition. So please help me. It is very helpful for me. So please help me.
I am 33 years of age. I am a diabetic since 5-6 years. I am having irritation on the inside skin of my penis. There is redness and also red small pimples which create roughness. I was advised allergic first n later fluconazole 150 mg. I have taken many times but the infection goes n comes back again n again. Please advice. than.
I am suffering from allergic rhinitis for last few years, I am very uncomfortable for this, now these days breathing shortness become a another problem when I get in touch with cold air basically, sometimes I use inhaler for this problems, I tried many things in ayurveda but got no results, please suggest if better medication available.
How can one stabilize hormones to treat PCOS condition naturally . Rather than supplement with hormones for regularizing menstrual periods at the age of 14.
Diabetes is often referred to as diabetes mellitus by physicians, which is used for describing a group of metabolic-related diseases. Diabetic patients have high blood sugar (blood glucose) in the blood, the cause of which might be either the inadequate production of insulin or because the body is unable to use the insulin properly. Diabetes might also be a result of the combination of both.
There are three types of diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes which was formerly known as insulin-dependent diabetes or juvenile onset diabetes due to the fact that the symptoms are typically diagnosed in young children and children in their teens. Approximately 10%diabetic patients are Type 1 diabetic where the body is unable to produce insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes was also known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes or adult onset diabetes, as it occurs mostly in adults. Approximately 90%diabetic patients worldwide are Type 2 diabetes, which occurs because the body is unable to produce the required amount of insulin for proper functioning. Overweight and obese people suffering from central obesity or abdominal obesity are more at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes than people who have a healthy body weight, as obesity forces the release of chemicals which may destabilize the cardiovascular and metabolic systems of the body. The risks of developing Type 2 diabetes also increases as one grows older.
- Another type of diabetes is gestational diabetes, which mainly affects pregnant women who have high glucose levels in their blood. The bodies of these women are unable to produce the required amount of insulin to transport all the glucose to their cells leading to the progressive increase of glucose. Studies have revealed that women who have animal fat and cholesterol-rich diet before pregnancy are at more risk of developing this type of diabetes.
Symptoms of diabetes include excessive thirst, dehydration, increased urination and hunger. Symptoms may also include fatigue, skin problems, slow healing wounds, blurred vision and tingling in the feet.
- Patients who are afflicted with Type 1 diabetes will have to take insulin injections for life. Proper blood glucose levels have to be maintained throughout by following a strict diet and regular blood tests need to be carried out.
- Patients with Type 2 diabetes need to keep their weight in check. They are generally treated with tablets, but sometimes insulin injections are recommended. These diabetic patients need to follow a healthy diet strictly, exercise regularly and keep monitoring their blood glucose levels. Another option for obese people to reduce symptoms is Bariatric surgery.
- While gestational diabetes can be controlled with proper diet and regular exercise, there are 10 - 20%of diabetics who will need medications to control blood-glucose. Undiagnosed and untreated gestational diabetes raises the risks of complications during childbirth and may result in a baby who is bigger than he / she should be.
Acute complications of diabetes may include hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia while chronic complications may include diseases of the blood vessels which could damage the eyes, nerves, kidneys and the heart. If you think you have symptoms which suggest diabetes, consulting a doctor at the earliest would be your best option.