Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Govardhan
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. GovardhanYour feedback matters!
I am 19 year old have back problem form last 14 month without any accident it's pain without any reason.
I have lower back pain. I tried x ray and local medicine application and physical exercise as well. But pain doesnt do. After resting also it doesnt go but reduces somewhat. If bike is driven it icreases a lot. Please suggest.
I have neck pain from last 2 days when I wake up I feel very painful very much and when I turn my neck the pain increases.
Dear doctor I suffered from some disease like dengue six months ago. Still when six months have past there is joint pain existing in my body like still virus may be there but temperature seems normal. Please advise what should I do now to get rid of body ache and chronic fatigue. Thanks.
How homeopathy helps disc Bulge (sciatica). Is there any tissue formation process involves in the treatment?
If you or someone you know suffers or has suffered, from back pain, you are by no means alone. Back pain is very common. Almost half of all adults suffer from back pain that lasts for at least a day each year.
How Common Is Back Pain?
- Back pain is so common that it is highly likely that the majority of us will suffer from it at some point. Estimated 60-80% of people are affected by back pain at some time in their lives.
- Back pain is one of the main reasons for absence from work, and each year millions of working days are lost due to back pain.In western countries (e.g. the UK and the USA) the incidence of back pain(particularly pain in the lower back) has reached epidemic proportions.
- One survey has reported that 17.3 million people in the UK (about one-third of the adult population) are affected by back pain at any one time. Of these, 1.1 million people are disabled by back pain.
- Low back pain is the most frequent cause of limitation of activity in the young and middle-aged and is one of the most common reasons for seeking a medical consultation. Every year about 5 million people see their GP because of back pain.
Changing Trends in Back Pain
Back pain is becoming a bigger problem that it once was. Since the mid-1990s, the incidence of back pain in the UK has risen by 12.7% and outpatient attendances for back pain are now five times greater. But why is this?
Many possible explanations have been proposed:
- We are more aware of our health and well-being than we used to be. If we have a problem we are more likely to seek medical help than suffer in silence.
- We expect more from our health services. When we go to see the doctor with back pain, we expect them to be able to do something about to it.
- We work longer hours than we used to and are under more stress in our everyday lives.
- Changes in our diet and the popularity of convincing foods (coupled with our reluctance to exercise) means we are more overweight than we used to be.
- We lead increasingly sedentary (or inactive) lifestyles. We drive for longer periods, take less exercise and spend hours sitting in front of the television or computer.