Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gouri ShankarYour feedback matters!
I had a ovarian cysts operation due to tumor on my left side which is removed and I am married for 6 years but not able to conceive. Please help.
I want to increase my breast size by hormonal injections.i am a male of 48 years.i want to become female by sex operations. kindly guide me.
I am 21 nd my penis has fore skin covered at the tip wen in erection I wil c just the opening lightly Is this a problem for me during sex ? And I can be able to sex with fore skin?
Hi, I am a married person. As during intercourse premature ejaculation happens. Even if I use extended pleasure condoms they do not help much. At the max it stays for 30 seconds n its over. Its been happening from the last 8 months. Kindly look n pls resolve. -thanks.
My wife is pregnant from 2 months. So can we continue to have sex or is there any risk Pls help on this.
RESPECTED DOCTOR, my mother aged is 70 years. Already one kidney completely failed. But yesterday she took blood test urea is 28. Creatinine (1.2 and now. 6 after Ayurveda, egfr is 53.5ml/mts per 1.7m2. But after taking usg doctor told 50% function reduced, because of renal medical disease. Her potassium, sodium, chloride, bicarbonate, aniangap level is normal. Microalbumeneria 19.2. Does she will cure from this problem Now she is taking medicine for bp-cilnidipine5mg. Because she is having bp 180/100 past 8 months on wards. But now it has controlled 100/80. Also, she is having urea problem past 10 years. That is also controlled condition. Her weight is 80. Also, she is having arthritis, nerve weakness from her early age itself. Doctor told her urea, creatinine is normal. They told to continue the bp medicine. Past 1 month on wards her bp is 100/80, 110/70, 95/70 Now she is taking ayurveda medicine for kidney reviving nephrons. Just 3 days back, we have checked her sugar range in glucometer shows 114 before meal & after meals 180 (half an hour), 210 (another half an hour, 230 (another half an hour, 255 (last half an hour). We don’t know how it came and raise sudden. Now, for 3 days she is taking diabecon this morning one before meal and evening one before meal. Now, glucometer showing 114 before meal & after meals 180 (half an hour), 230 (another half an hour, 210 (another half an hour),(130 to 180-last half an hour. Kindly advise me what to do. What is the reason of sudden spike. How many tablets shall I take per day (diabecon ds-himalaya herbal product. Is there any excellent ayurveda tablets compared to diabecon ds (Himalaya product) without any sideeffect. Presently mother is taking ayurveda for kidney reviving pack. From that, moti pikshi (natural pearl rose water powder) is there. Will this elevate sugar level. After 15 minutes walking, she is having lower back pain and leg pain. But after rest, there is no pain. Is this pain related to kidney. Please advise me. She is having kidney stone, ulcerative colitis, urinary infection, constipation, cholesterol also. 3years back she took treatment for mild fatty liver problem Will she get cure doctor according to the blood test report. Also, please requesting you that her another kidney will go back to normal. Please advise me, how long she will survive by gods grace?
I have one general question. In case have sex with any girl with out condom means, how may days take to attack HIV virus? Please clarify.
I have some issue related to my penis. 1) My size is enough or not. 2) I have red skin near my penis. And I also feel itching over there. And when I rub at that skin, some skin like black clay hot on my hands. Please do something.
Der Doc, I got married three years passed but no baby loosing interest in intercourse. Please suggest me good medicine to get more power when I intercourse with my wife, please help me DOC. Regards
Hello Doctor This is an EMERGENCY. Please help my wife age 25 is suffering from severe stomach pain and vomiting for past two days. She is on her periods 2nd day. She has not eaten anything for 2 days still has been vomiting profusely and has unbearable pain on her lower abdomen, hips, back and thighs. She tried some over the counter medications to treat vomit (vomi stop and ondit) and stomach ache (meftal-spas) but still it has not stopped. Please help. Prescribe any medicine for her please doctor I beg you. Can't watch her suffer. Please reply as soon as possible.
I have severe stomach ache because I have ate yesterday's rice now what should I do to get relief from it?
I have fever, cold, cough for last ten days. I took medicine but no positive result. So what should I do?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done.
Arthritis is a common musculoskeletal condition that affects elderly men and women. Joint pain, stiffness and inflammation are the most common symptoms of this condition. This pain can get so bad as to affect your movement and leave you unable to do simple things like walking up stairs or even simply turning a doorknob.
Arthritis cannot be reversed but with medication and a few lifestyle changes, your quality of life can be improved.
- Exercise and weight loss: Though it is difficult to do, losing weight can help relieve the pain of arthritis. This takes the pressure off your joints and increases the range of possible motions. Though exercising may be the last thing you want to do, it can help increase your flexibility and help strengthen your muscles. Aerobics, stretching and strength training are ideal for arthritic patients.
- Assistive devices: Arthritis can make a person knock kneed or bow legged. Wearing unloading braces, shoe inserts or walking with a cane or shoe inserts can help redistribute your weight and take the pressure of your joints. It can also help relieve pain and prevent arthritis from worsening.
- Eating right: Some types of food can worsen arthritic symptoms. This includes processed foods like white flour and sugar, yeast, chemical additives, gluten, hydrogenated and trans fats, milk products, caffeine, alcohol and tobacco. Hence, avoid consuming these foods and instead have a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grain. You could also try alkaline foods like green leafy vegetables, wheatgrass and aloe vera.
- Massage therapy: A massage not only de-stresses the body, but can also relieve muscle and joint pain by improving blood circulation. Massages also help break up muscular waste deposits and increase the amount of oxygen circulated in the body. This helps transport nutrients to tissues and carries toxins away. Ideally, an arthritic patient should have a massage 2-3 times a week in the beginning and at least twice a month once the condition has stabilised.
- Supplements: Along with eating healthy, including a few supplements in your daily diet can also help alleviate arthritic symptoms. When it comes to rheumatic arthritis; the anti-inflammatory properties of vitamin C help fight arthritis by promoting bone and cartilage growth and reducing infection. Fish oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that help reduce inflammation, Vitamin D is another supplement that helps relieve arthritic pain by helping the bones absorb calcium faster and preventing further loss of cartilage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist.