Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gopinath
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. GopinathYour feedback matters!
I have cervical pain when I ride on bike with using helmet my neck pain pls tell me some exercise and may I use neck.
Back pain is one of the most common problems of old age and a sedentary lifestyle. Blame it on the computer screens or the idiot box, the problem of back pain has increased to a large extent among people across the globe. Researchers believe it is not just old age, but a sedentary lifestyle is responsible for chronic back pain. While there are painkillers available in the drug stores that provide quick relief for the time being, Ayurvedic treatment of the pain is better. Painkillers provide relief only for a shorter period and there is a high chance of re-occurrence of the pain. Back pain needs a prolonged treatment. Hence, dependence on allopathic drugs for a longer period can have side-effects on other organs. Ayurvedic remedies are harmless and are effective in eradicating the pain completely. However, one must have the patience to continue the Ayurvedic treatment and have faith on it for the ultimate benefits.
As per Ayurveda, due to sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy or wrong diet regimen results in poor metabolism, which produces undigested food toxins. Higher accumulation of this toxins into body plays a major role in Backache.
Ayurveda is one of the oldest sciences of healing and treatment. It helps to achieve longevity. There are two types of treatment procedure in Ayurveda, palliative and purificatory. Ayurvedic practitioners believe that a balanced state of body, mind and consciousness is essential for good health. It can be achieved by purificatory therapy. It refers to the cleansing of the body by removal of toxins or Panchakarma. Kativasti is a procedure that is done prior to Panchakarma. This treatment is very good for backache.
The word Kati refers to the lower abdomen area or the waist. The process of holding warm oil in the region that has been affected is known as vasti. Therefore, Kativasti refers to the process of applying warm Ayurvedic oil on the waist area or other portions of the spine. In this process, the patient is asked to lie down on the bed and then the oil is applied on the affected part, especially the lumbosacral region. Thereafter, a reservoir is built around the affected area. The reservoir is of black gram dough. Medicinal oil is poured into it. The temperature of the oil is kept constant and it is made to pour on the body for some 30-40 minutes. Finally, the oil is gently massaged over the body.
Advantages of Kativasti:
1. It provides strength to the back muscles and joints and maintains the normal curve of the spine.
2. It is effective for any kind of back pain or spine related disorders.|
3. It increases blood circulation in the region.
4. It removes pain related to fractures, dislocation and tumours. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Spondylitis includes swelling of the vertebra. It happens because of wear and tear of the ligament and bones found in your cervical spine, which is in your neck. While it is to a great extent because of age, it can be brought on by other reasons too. Side effects incorporate pain and stiffness starting from the neck to the lower back. The spine's bones (vertebrae) get fused, bringing about an unbending spine. These changes might be mellow or extreme, and may prompt a stooped-over posture. Some of the non-surgical methods to treat spondylitis are as follows-
- Exercise based recovery/physiotherapy: Your specialist may send you to a physiotherapist for treatment. Non-intrusive treatment helps you extend your neck and shoulder muscles. This makes them more grounded and at last, relieves pain. You may neck traction, which includes using weights to build the space between the cervical joints and decreasing pressure on the cervical disc and nerve roots.
- Medications: Your specialist may prescribe you certain medicines if over-the-counter medications do not work. These include:
- Home treatment: In case your condition is less severe, you can attempt a couple of things at home to treat it:
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever, for example, acetaminophen or a calming medication, for example, Advil or Aleve.
- Use a warming cushion or an ice pack on your neck to give pain alleviation to sore muscles.
- Exercise routinely to help you recover quickly.
- Wear a delicate neck prop or neckline to get transitory help. In any case, you shouldn't wear a neck brace for temporary pain relief.
- Interventional Pain Management: It is a highly effective treatment for back and neck pain.
- Bed Rest: Severe instances of spondylitis may require bed rest for close to 1-3 days. Long-term bed rest must be avoided as it puts the patient at danger for profound vein thrombosis (DVT, blood clots in the legs).
- Support/brace use: Temporary bracing (1 week) may help get rid of the symptoms, however, long-term use is not encouraged. Supports worn for a long time weaken the spinal muscles and can increase pain if not continually worn. Exercise based recovery is more beneficial as it reinforces the muscles.
- Lifestyle: Losing weight and eating nutritious food with consistent workouts can help. Quitting smoking is essential healthy habits to help the spine function properly at any age.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!