Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
I have high blood pressure can you suggest me how to reduce it and also gained weight. How to loose weight give me the proper diet.
How can we say our heart is healthy. I want to know sir is it heart beat should be 75 approx in 1 minutes and pulse should b 80 to 90. And what should do during heart attack in absents of doctor please reply.
I am using reclimet tab twice a day with meals. I check my blood glucose regularly. It is ranging from 150 to 170 before breakfast and before dinner. Please suggest me right medicine. I walk 40 minutes minimum every morning and evening and take low carb, high protein diet timely.
I am a college going student. My blood pressure is 107/66. And I always feel tired and exhausted. What should I do?
Running is one of the best forms of exercise, not only for getting fit but for weight control too.
1. Running is the quickest way to cardiovascular fitness. You get fitter faster by running regularly.
2. Running is one of the cheapest forms of exercising. You only need a pair of running shoes and shorts and t-shirt to get started.
3. Running is easy to learn. Most people have run at some point in their life, either competitively or at school/college, so there is no steep learning curve involved.
4. Running makes you feel good, not only physically, but mentally as well.
5. Running is excellent for reducing stress levels. There is nothing better than a run to clear your head and concentrate the mind. Many great ideas have been formulated on training runs.
6. Running is one of the most flexible methods of training around. Wherever you are in the world, it is nearly always possible to get out for a run. You can jog, steady run or sprint depending on how you feel that particular day.
7. Running is good for your heart. It not only strengthens the heart but also reduces the actual resting heart rate.
I'm feeling pain in my chest it feels like something stuck inside when I try to feel it by rubbing it pains otherwise its fine It feels like a small ball or something above ribs but below my skin not visible from above I had an accident a month ago in that my right arm there was scratched fully not any major fracture anywhere. Could it be because of the accident or any other reason on right side on my chest it feels something stuck.
Hello sir, am 30 years old house wife having problem of high heartbeat at night times and same time upper back ache along with uncomfortable burps all the day. Dr. has suggested medicine for gas problems but after using them also no improvement seen. Kindly suggest me some guidance and refer me good Dr. in KPHB Hyderabad.
I am 42 years old male. Last week, my BP shoot up 150/90 in second time (first time shootup BP150/100 before four years back but did not took medicine and after excise my BP was normal 120/80). Dr. advice me test, In report my Uric Acid Serum level was 7.84 and Total Cholesterol level 263, Triglycerides 184, HDL 57, VLDL 37, LDL 169 and CRP (HS) 4.2. Other KFT, LFT, Lipo protein (a), Calcium, phosphorus, ECO and Hemograme are normal. Dr. advice me table TONACT 10 mg for cholesterol for 3 months and cardace h 2.5. What should I do for control BP and cholesterol?/
Sir. I hve a problem if nervous. At a normal time I am jst normal. But at any serious or front of many people. I feel jst loos. Heartbeat nd nervbeat increased. please suggest wt to do?
Gud evng. I have problem of high bp. I feel so irritated nd uneasy. Restless. So I hv to take mdcn of bp. Sometimes. I also take the medcn of depression. Wen I feel very much stress. Or in depression The mdcn I take in case of depression is fluanxol. 5 mg. I want to avoid these medicines. Of Bp me depression Wat should I do to avoid these medicines?
Hello. I am 24 years old. My periods have always been regular. However since last nine months my periods became scanty. Lasting 3 days instead of 5 and some spotting on 4th day. But they where always regular. However, this month I dint get my period. I went to a gynecologist who said this is pcod and the only treatment is changing life style. Absolute healthy diet. exercise and stress free life. She examined my breasts by squeezing them and checking with a stethoscope. I now noticed that Had a super healthy diet and never missed my dance and yoga I would get my period perfectly. And this month due to some work I dint have time for yoga or dance and my diet also went for a toss. The doctor also said that I am over weight by 5 kgs and it would greatly benefit me if I reduced weight. Now my question is that m I having these menstrual abnormalities becoz I dint follow a good life style for a month. Or is it due to prolactin? I read on the internet that high prolactin causes this problem and the reason for high prolactin is tumor. My doctor dint do any pro Lactin test. She is a very Gud gyneac and her diagnosis is awesome but I am worried if she missed out on checking this pro Lactin. Should I insist for a test? Or should I start my exercise and healthy diet again would it suffice? I have no other health problems. I don't smoke or drink. Not sexually active. I do feel a little dizzy but doctor said it's cuz of low bp. (110/80). Thank you.
My wife age is 33 years and weight is 42 kg. She have a low blood pressure problem one week before her periods. She feel weakness.
My husband is 28year old, just in hos tegular check up his bp was really high 96/145. He does night shifts occasionlly. He is 6 feet 2 inches in hieght,120kg wt. How can i manage his high blood pressure without medication?
Arrhythmia is a disorder which is characterized by improper and irregular heartbeats; be it too slow or too fast. This problem occurs when the electrical impulses that are used to regulate your heartbeat don’t work in the correct manner. Your heart may beat irregularly, too slow or too fast.
Although this disorder does not yield many symptoms, a few noticeable symptoms of arrhythmia are slow heartbeat, or a racing heartbeat, chest pain, breathing difficulties and dizziness. Arrhythmia can lead to inefficient pumping by the heart, leading to bouts of fainting. A severe symptom of this disorder is ventricular fibrillation, wherein the ventricles tend to quiver instead of transporting blood. This symptom can cut off blood supply to the vital organs, which may lead to death.
- Coronary artery disease: In this disease, arteries of the heart can get blocked, leading to irregular heart beat and impaired heart functioning.
- A heart attack: An ongoing heart attack usually leads to irregular heartbeats.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure problems make you more vulnerable to this condition.
- Impaired functioning of the thyroid glands: An overactive or underactive thyroid gland can lead to heart arrhythmia.
- Excessive smoking and alcohol consumption: These habits can cause problems with the blood vessels in the body, thus increasing risks of this particular condition as well as other cardio-vascular diseases.
- Stress: Too much stress can lead to high blood pressure; that is again linked to heart arrhythmia.
Mild symptoms of arrhythmia do not require treatment. However, complications resulting from it warrant treatment. The various treatment options for this condition are:
- Pacemaker: A pacemaker is a device that is used to regulate your heart rhythms. It is placed in the body by a surgical procedure and an insulated wire is put, connecting the heart to the pacemaker. In case of an irregular heartbeat, the pacemaker sends out impulses to correct the improper heartbeat.
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator: This device is used to prevent a dangerous symptom of heart arrhythmia, a symptom wherein the ventricle quivers. It is similar to a pacemaker as it is also placed near the collarbone. In case it detects an abnormal rhythm, it sends out shocks to reset the heart rhythm.
- Maze procedure: This is a surgical procedure wherein incisions are made on the upper heart tissue to create a scar tissue. Scar tissues act as insulators to prevent stray impulses.
- Alternative therapies: Alternative procedures such as yoga and meditation can help remedy the disorder.