Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gopalakrishnan
Submit a review for Dr. GopalakrishnanYour feedback matters!
My report shows bilirubin total 1.30 bilirubin direct 0.34. And urea 44.9 blood urea nitrogen 20.97 little high from normal range is there a serious issue regarding my health should I take medicine. And why my urea is high. I don't drink and smoke.
Sir my father age is 80 years detect low grade exophytic papillary urothelial carcinoma of urinary bladder TURBT karke nikal diya hai biopsy kiya to detect hua pls suggest the homeopathic medicine for no growth of tumor urine se blood aa raha tha with clot.
My wife was detected tumor in July 2016 in left kidney. She went for partial nephrectomy in Feb 2017. In biopsy after nephrectomy T1aNxMx Stage & Farhan Gr 3 was confirmed. My urologist advised check up in every six month after initial check up on 3rd month. I went to an Oncologist for second opinion who suggested medicine as protective measure. There is no symptom for recurrence as on date. RS. 60-70 thousand expenses to be liability of each month for medicine. I am confused. What should I do?
The urinary tract starts from the kidneys to the urethra where urine is passed out. Given the rich concentration of minerals and toxic wastes, it is highly prone to multiple infections. UTI, as urinary tract infections are often referred to, is one of the most common infections. In women, especially, every 1 in 2 women is affected by an UTI. Whichever part of the tract is affected, the symptoms and treatment are mostly the same. Read on to know some of the most common symptoms and treatment options for these.
- A burning sensation with urination
- Pain with urination
- Burning sensation or pain in the urethra or vagina
- Frequent urge to urinate, though not much urine is passed out
- Sense of incomplete emptying of the bladder
- Pain in the lower back on the sides of the spine
- Change in the urine characteristics color, smell, or appearance
- Fever or chills, maybe associated with shivering, nausea and vomiting
Most urinary tract infections are bacterial in nature, and these could find their way into the body through multiple ways.
- The most common is through the urethra, which could happen due to unclean toilet habits.
- Women especially are advised to wipe the urethra after each toilet visit. The bacteria from the feces can also enter the urethra due to close proximity
- Use of unclean public toilets is another reason for UTIs
Though most often UTI does not require specific testing, the following are useful in confirming the diagnosis.
- Culture and sensitivity: The urine is sent for a culture to identify the exact organism that has caused the infection. It also helps identify the right antibiotic which will help bring the infection under control.
UTIs are very common infections and though there is nothing to worry, it should be cleared completely.
- Antibiotic course to get rid of the infection. Though you begin to feel better, the complete course should be completed to clear the infection.
- Following culture testing to ensure the infection is cleared
- Improve water intake to get rid of the toxins
- Fever and pain to be controlled with medications
- Healthy hygiene habits to ensure clearing of infection
Recurrent UTIs is a common problem, and the following can help prevent.
- Ensure complete emptying of the bladder
- Drink adequate water
- Safe toilet habits, including before and after sex
- Comfortable and clean underwear to prevent infection
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a female of 22 years and in winters I face a bed wetting problem. 2-3 times every month I face this problem. Sometimes I wake up just before I feel the need to pee and sometimes I wake up after peeing. And also I face an urge of peeing 24*7. How to cure this? And which kind of medical practitioner should I refer to. General physician or someone else? Also I live in delhi please suggest me a doctor. I have been facing this problem since 3-4 years.
I am 28 year old software professional. I feel very less urge to urinate even after drinking plenty water. A feeling in right leg particular nerve, especially when lying , is as such that I feel restless till it vanishes .what can be the cause of all these. Kindly help? occurring since many months.
I am diabetic patient and my creatinine level is 1.4 but sugar and hba1c is under control, how to lower my creatinine level?
The structure responsible for production, transportation, storage and excretion of urine form the urinary tract. Kidney, ureters, bladder and urethra are structures involved in urine formation and excretion process. Kidney filters nearly 3 ounces of blood, removes waste materials every minute. When these get infected with entry of any micro organism or any other pathological condition, then the person gets urinary tract infection (UTI).
Causes and symptoms
Urinary tract infections are more common in women than men because of the small size of the urethra (4cms) and also because of the squatting position of voiding. Entry of organisms like bacteria, viruses and fungi are the major cause of UTI. The person may experience burning sensation and pain when voiding, fever is indicated when the infection has reached the kidneys or prostate glands in male. Other symptoms include pain in back, ribs, nausea and vomiting.
Though antibiotics are used to treat the present infection there are increased chance of getting the recurrent infection. So it is best advised to follow the preventive measures to stay away safely from getting infected
- Drink plenty of water nearly 2- 3litres of water per day and urinate when you feel the need , don’t control or resist voiding when you feel the urge as this may give room for the organisms to grow well
- Urinate after sexual intercourse. change the birth control measures if UTI is a recurrent problem
- Wash front to back, wipe off thoroughly after emptying the bladder so as to prevent the entry of organisms into the urethra.
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes. Always prefer cotton inner garments and loose fitting clothes so that air entry keeps the area moist and free from bacteria.
- Cranberry juice works best and it is the natural treatment for bladder infections. Cranberries have a special substance that can avoid the entry of E.coli into the bladder, but it does not have much effect on recurrent UTI infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.