Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GomathyYour feedback matters!
My skin is so hairy. And i have lots of hair on my face too.I want to get rid of dem. Please suggest me something. That will not harm my skin. And i have some spots and wrinkles on my face. My age is 23 years.
I am 26 Year old a girl my skin is fair but before some time my skin colour is change it become dark give me any home made or homeopatic solution plz
I am a 17 year old boy having lot of skin tanning. How do I get rid of it? Please given me homemade remedies so that I can cure my tan.
I am losing hair quickly after tried all type of shampoo. I don't understand what can I do? Plzzz help me.
I want to get rid of my pimples plus all the problems on my face plus I want to get nose job as it is very thick and does not suit my face, plus color of face skin is dull. Tell me remedy.
What is angioedema?
Angioedema or Chronic Urticaria is a form of severe swelling beneath the surface layer of the skin. In most of the cases, the swelling occurs along with the appearance of hives. This is why angioedema is commonly referred to as “giant hives.” They tend to be itchy and red boils can develop on the surface of the skin. They are predominantly caused by an allergic reaction to food or medication. Many other factors can also trigger angioedema. These can include pollen grains and insect bites. Angioedema is not a serious medical condition and only in some extreme cases, they tend to get really serious. It usually goes away on its own.
The most common symptom of Angioedema is the swelling beneath the surface of the skin. It may occur on any skin surface and can include your feet, hands, back, and lips. The other common symptom is the presence of the red boils on the surface of the skin. Additional symptoms of angioedema can include rashes, stomach cramping and in some cases swollen throat and difficulty in breathing. Difficulty in breathing can get serious if not treated immediately. Seek medical attention immediately if you get those symptoms.
Causes and Diagnosis:
Angioedema is caused predominantly by allergic reactions. Everybody condition is different and the allergic levels of your body can depend on various factors. Some of them can be even hereditary. Some of them can be due to insect bites, pollen allergies, poison oak or ivy, medications and certain types of food. It can also be due to illness or an underlying medical condition. There are certain risk factors too involved in it and this can include a previous allergic reaction, injury, stress and anxiety and as stated earlier – hereditary. Diagnosis is by a physical examination and in most cases, the doctors would examine the areas of the swelling. Your blood samples would also be tested and the substances that have caused the allergic reactions are identified first.
Angioedema is a condition that can go away on its own. Hence minor symptoms and minor skin allergies do not require medical treatment. Moderate symptoms, however, do require treatment and mostly these involve drugs and medications to curb the itching and swelling. There are also certain home remedies that can be used to relieve such symptoms. You can use wet compress, cold press and wear cotton clothes to avoid itching and scratching. In many instances, the agents that cause the irritants are identified first and then the patient is advised to stay from those agents. For example, if a certain type of food is causing you allergic reactions, then you might be asked to stay away from it.
My hair loss more then 100 per day I need to reduce my problem please help me identify solutions for my hair.
I have issue in my mouth. White coloured skin peeling inside. I have consulted doctor and told it's cheek bite or due to tension. I smokes occasionally in a week.
Im 21 year old male. In my face uneven colour tone is there and pigmentation is there and also too oily skin. What are advices for this problems.
I wants to fair my face and my face is lite oily so. Which soap or cream is used to fair it. Thanx to reply my last answer.
I have small acnes below my eyes n black circles too. N I have wrinkles to. So please advise some good treatment. Thank you.
I am facing dandruff issue a lot. I tried every shampoo but doesn't work. So please guide me what I suppose to do now.
I'm doing night shift but effected with psoriasis past 8 years I lost my hair completely can I regrow my hair and also can in control psoriasis. I used many medications but no use result is I lost total hair became bald in very young age.
1. Fenugreek Methi : Seeds of fenugreek consist of rich hormone antecedents that help in hair growth and repairs hair follicles. These also consist of nicotinic acid and proteins strengthen the hair growth.Soak the fenugreek seeds in water overnight and grind it in the next morning to fine paste. Apply this fenugreek seed paste to hair and leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse off the hair. Follow it for month to see best results.
2. Aloe vera: Usage of aloe vera to hair may reduce hair from scalp and itching. Alkalizing property in aloe vera improves the hairs pH levels which promote hair growth. Even aloe vera gel can fight with dandruff. Take an aloe vera leaf extract the gel and apply that gel to the hair. Leave it for hours and wash the hair with warm water. Follow this procedure for 3 – 4 times a week for better results.
3. Onion Juice: The sulpfur content in the onions improves blood circulation to hair follicles. Onion juice consists of anti bacterial properties that scratch the germs and parasites. Apply the onion juice on the scalp and leave it for half hour. Later shampoo your hair.
4. Hair oil massage: Proper hair and scalp massage will increase blood flow to the hair follicles, condition the scalp, and enhance the strength of your hair’s roots. It will also promote relaxation and reduce feelings of stress.You can use hair oils like coconut or almond oil, olive oil, castor oil, amla oil, or others. Add a few drops of rosemary essential oil to the base oil for better and faster results.
5.Indian Gooseberry(Amla) : Use Indian gooseberry / amla for fast natural hair growth. Amla consists of rich vitamin C. If you have deficiency in the body this may results to hair loss. So gooseberry can help to maintain a healthy scalp and gives good hair growth. Take gooseberry and make pulp. Mix this pulp with lemon juice and massage your scalp with this mixture. Keep this overnight and shampoo in the morning.
6. Spinach and lettuce juice : Spinach and lettuce juice is thought to help with hair growth. Drink once in day this juice for healthy hair growth.
7. Safflower oil : For preventing hair loss and baldness this safflower oil is used. This oil is having rich monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids which are vital for healthy hair. You can find two varieties of safflower oils in the market where both are used for hair care. Safflower oil is helpful for perm, colored and dry hair. Use safflower oil for massaging into scalp. Leave it for 1 hour and rinse the hair. Use it every week to get healthy hair.
8. Potato Water: Lack of proper vitamins may cause to have a dry and delicate hair. Potato, can give you longer and thicker hair growth. Use potato water for rinsing the hair. After boiling the potatoes in water, let the water gets cool for some time and use that water for your hair after shampooing. Just rinse your hair with potato water.
9. Hibiscus : It promotes hair growth, this flower can also be used to cure dandruff, prevent split ends, thicken hair and prevent premature graying.Add 10 Chinese Hibiscus flowers to two cups of coconut oil.Heat the solution until charred. Strain it to collect the oil.Apply the oil on your hair before going to bed. Wash your hair in the morning.Repeat this a few times a week.
10. Beetroot juice : Beetroot juice contains carbohydrates, protein, potassium, phosphorus, calcium and vitamins B and C. All these nutrients are essential for healthy hair growth.Thus include fresh beet root juice in your diet.