Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GomathiYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years old and I excited to suck cock does it any harm for me to suck my cock as well as someone other cock?
Requesting for a quick and confirm response. I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 27th August and she had ipill (ecp) after 6 hours of Intercourse. After 4 days i.e. On 1st September she started bleeding and the bleeding continued for 4 days. We have done four home urine pregnancy test and the results came NEGATIVE. All the tests were done after 21 days of Intercourse. We even did a BHCG test on 17th October which was exactly 7 weeks after unprotected sex. The result was <1.20 miU/ml. I have two questions. please help me out. 1st. Is she pregnant or do we have to worry about pregnancy? 2nd: no bleeding has taken place after September. Why? please help us out.
We are married since 2014. We are planning for our first baby. My sperm count is good and active. My wife also healthy. But doctor told to take lycogold For past three months my wife gets irregular periods. So we are not able to identify ovulation dates. Is it possible to find it? Please help.
Pregnancy woman ko garmi me baraf Ka gola ya cold dahi khane KO man ho to kya o kha skti h issue koi dikkat to Nai hogi.
Hi. I am suffering from vaginal problem I get ulcer there from 2 month I am in pain please suggest me.
I have pcos .and nd treatment done. .but last 2 month I didn't have period. But my bf fingered my vagina on March 5 th .March 5th is my period day but now it turns may 1, I didn't get my periods for last 2 months. Now a days my stomach become bloating. .and small pain occurred. .can't do anything like sitting or any thing. .what was the problem don't know...
I'm a 16 year old boy and I've noticed that my right breast has enlarged and when I press it some colorless sticky liquid is released. Should I be worried and consult doctor. P. S. It pains when I press it but not usually.
Discharge from uterus with foul smell from 6 years off and on cure with medicine but later on it starts again.
Hi. We are planning for a child since almost 3 months and still my wife is not pregnant. We checked by testing it was negative early in morning and in this month she had period of 2 days only instead of 6 days and had very little pain. She is feeling very tired and little bit of stomach pain every time. Can you help me.
Hi Doctor I'm 23 and unmarried I have had unprotected sex with my partner and it has been 10 days I have taken a contraceptive pill within 4 hours of intercourse Now it's my period time but I have a lot of pain but no bleeding I do not want to get pregnant as I am unmarried Is this any chance of pregnancy I'm scared.
Caused by the microorganisms called viruses, infections pertaining to these microorganisms are known as viral diseases. These diseases are different and diverse in nature as they are caused by a number of viruses. Among them, the common cold is the most known viral disease and occurs due to the infection of your upper respiratory tract, namely the nose and throat.
Other widespread viral infections are:
- HIV (human immunodeficiency virus)
- HPV (human papillomavirus)
- Shingles or herpes zoster (a viral infection that leads to the development of rash)
- Viral pneumonia (a condition that occurs due to viruses that are responsible for flu and colds)
- Viral hepatitis (inflammation of the liver that is caused by a virus)
- Viral meningitis (viral infection wherein inflammation of the membranes that cover the brain occurs)
- Rubella, mumps and measles
How do they spread?
These diseases are infectious and can easily spread from one person to another. When the microorganism enters your body, it begins to reproduce.
Different ways that they can spread include:
- Breathing in the germs present in airborne droplets when an infected person sneezes or coughs
- Coming in contact with the body fluids of an infected person during sexual activity
- Indirect contact with these microorganisms when you touched inanimate objects handled by an infected person
- Viral infections can also spread through insect bites. Certain germs depend on insects as carriers such as ticks and mosquitoes for moving from host to host
- Having virus-contaminated water or food is another way in which viral infection can spread from person to person. Such a mode of transfer enables the virus to spread among a large number of people. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
After pregnancy I have heavy bleeding and spotting after 40 days. In ultrasound advise by my doctor there is multiple polycystin every my LH FSH TSH are normal then why polycysts made. I also breastfeeding my baby. My age is 40 please help me.
She is 31 weeks 3 days pregnant and having problem in foetus. Foetus have grossly dilated foetal urinary bladder noted. Two dilated linear sonolucent area seen around urinary bladder. What is the next step to do?
Hi. I have been treated for ovarian cancer1a. Uterus have removed. If I go 4getting married. Wll there b any physiological. hormonal,imbalance that will effect in getting married?
I am 28 year old. And pregnant of 7 week I have meet my Dr. on 7th Nov. She told me baby's heart not yet prepared we will wait up 21 Nov if its OK then we ll continue otherwise will remove. Is my Dr. says right or should I visit another Dr. please suggest me right way.
Iam a boy and I had a sex with guy an unprotected sex but he said he don't have aids but now I have some rashes and hand pain and cough is this a aids symptoms.
A gynecologist is a doctor who deals with the health and well-being of the female reproductive system as a whole. These doctors usually deal with problems relating to all the organs of the reproductive system and issues faced while having a baby.
The most common reasons to visit a gynecologist are enlisted below.
- Menstrual irregularities - The menstrual health of any person is directly related to the overall health of that person. Ideally speaking, your menstrual cycle should have a regular and constant pattern. The common signs of having menstrual irregularities are periods lasting for more than 7 days, abrupt delay in the occurrence of periods, having extremely heavy or light bleeding during periods, missing a period, and such other issues.
- Breast problems - The breast problems which you might face at any point of time in your life may also be connected to having abnormal menstrual conditions. The common abnormalities seen by women in their breasts include breast discomfort during periods, abnormal breast changes, breast discharges, lump formations in breasts, and such others.
- Lower abdominal pain - Lower abdominal pain refers to any sensations of irritation and discomfort in the area above the pelvic region. The most common examples of this type of pain are menstrual cramps in the abdomen, lumps in the abdomen and abdominal pain during sexual intercourse. So if you see visible signs of discomfort and pain, then you should go to a gynecologist at the earliest opportunity.
- Pre-pregnancy counseling - A gynecologist is the most appropriate person you need to visit before you plan to have a baby. The doctor mostly recommends a complete health checkup so that you have a smooth pregnancy without any complications.
- General well-being - Gynecologists also take care of your overall vaginal health. It is very essential to have a healthy vagina for women, to ensure that it may not cause further health complications. Additionally, you may also visit gynecologists if you have breast cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer or if you are experiencing symptoms of menopause.
Related Tip: 6 Nutrients Women Need The Most
Hi, I got married 10 months back. I was 5 months pregnant but I got abortion last week due to cervix incompetence. I got normal delivery pains and got abortion with a boy with gastroschisis. But from 2 days I am getting light white liquid from my right breast. It is not much but very light. What is it and why is that liquid coming?
Nowadays the humans tend to suffer problems, and main root cause of all unsolved problems is unacceptancy of their own faults without realisation and leaving their self and inbuilt egoness and knowing their guilty too
This might leads to mis understanding of one to one and sometimes even the relationship comes to halt, and in case of family it may drift the separation too leading complications in both ends
This could be solved only through
- making space for dialogues
- clearing the unnecessary myths
- self realisations through the positive circumstances
- not giving any role to unwanted external involvement