Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gnanavelu.G
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment of Heart Attack
Treatment of Syncope
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Irregular Heartbeat
Treatment of Hole in the Heart
Treatment of Heart Specialist
Treatment of Angina
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
Treatment of Left Chest Pain
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension
Submit a review for Dr. Gnanavelu.GYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have a acidity problem, due to this I feel heavy in my chest part. Also I do have cholesterol problem. Kindly suggest what has to be done to reduce this problem.
My mother in law aging 73 years has bp and diabetes since very long and has been taking medicine regularly for the same. Last week, she started feeling weak and cramps in legs. 8 days ago, she consulted a physician for the same, e checked the bp and it was 238/110. The doctor has given lasix inj immediately and advised to take lots of fluids and there will be frequent urination after the injection. Within 1.5 hrs of taking that injection she started vomiting. It continued for a day and she became very weak though we have been giving her electoral regularly. Her bp was fluctuating from 190 to 220 for 2 days and she collapsed on 3rd day having seizures. We have taken her to the hospital immediately and the next day it was diagnosed as PRES. Sodium levels were dropped to 97. So the have given sodium for 2 days. She is in ICU now, are the vitals are showing good but still she did not get consciousness. She is able to open her eyes from last 2 days but not looking straight at us neither recognizing or responding to anyone. Doctors are saying it will take time to recover but till now there are no signs of improvement what should we do? What is the general recovery time for this case. What are the improvements we can expect and the timelines? what are the other impacts post recovery? please advise, Thanks a lot!
I am 66 years old and getting pain in right top side of my chest for the last 5 days. Please. Give your recommendation / treatment.
Hi Dear Sir/ Madam, My husband is 31 years old again and again he is getting headache and he have 400mdl bad cholesterol, bp also some time high how can he wil out from this plzz suggest me at least home remedy.
Hello doctor I felt headache and feeling sleepy as before that I had low bp. Recently I checked my bp which was 110/70. And Doctor as I am doing job and there I have to work the whole day in completely standing position. So please help me why I felt like that and what is the reason behind it. Thank you in advance and in hope.
My ECG is normal, even echocardiogram is normal. I am having chest pain which goes to my upper left arm after walking a long distance. It don't feel when I'm sleeping. What could be possible reasons?
My mother she is suffering from Bp cholesterol and thyroid problem, what should I do as I have took opinion of 3 doctors but until she took medicine she is stable but what should do to cure permanently.
I have been experiencing severe chest pain after getting exposed to Delhi's air pollution. What should I do?
Loving relationships are known to improve more than just your mood, it improve your looks and your health. Researchers believe that it might just be the best medicine for most people, as it helps keep your heart healthy, beat cancer and recover faster, boosts athletic performance and leads to spiritual and emotional growth.
Mentioned below are a few of the ways, in which love may lead to a healthy heart and life:
- Better Heart Health: Research has shown that women in healthy and loving marriages are less prone to contracting cardiovascular diseases, in contrary to those in stressful marriages. It has also been discovered that love reduces the likelihood of chest pains and suffering from angina despite having high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes in men.
- Lengthens Your Life: The National Longitudinal Mortality Study studied a million subjects and concluded that couples in a loving marriage tend to live longer and have lowered risk of getting heart attacks, pneumonia, cancer and cirrhosis of the liver. Their chances of committing suicide are also reduced by almost half.
- Faster Cancer Recovery: After extensive research, University of Iowa proved that patients of ovarian cancer, who were in loving relationships, had stronger WBCs i.e. White Blood Cells that kill cancerous cells, as compared to those in unhealthy relationships. They also concluded that patients in love recover quickly or completely eliminate cancer.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Studies show that when couples are together, their blood pressure is significantly lowered. This research even proved that spending time with loving and supportive friends results in lower systolic numbers.
- Keeps You Slim: Being in love is a much healthier and better option than juice cleanse, when it comes to losing that extra weight. People in loving relationships produce more adrenaline i.e. an appetite suppressant and are more likely to hit the gym and make healthier lifestyle choices to look their best. Apart from that, sex is one of the best ways to lose calories and reduce your weight.