Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gnana PalaniyappanYour feedback matters!
My son is 3 and half year old. And since two weeks he is not eating anything Consulted two doctors. As he continues to vomit on eating anything. He became so lean. I cannot take it. Please advice.
Since ancient times, our ancestors passed their best practices of holistic lifestyle to their next generations. Over a period of time they became a ritual that got integrated into their day to day life. These series of rituals are known as samskaras. They are connected with the major events of life such as pregnancy, childbirth, naming ceremony, education, marriage, etc. These samskaras enables us to live a complete fulfilling physical and spiritual life.
Swarna prashana is one of sixteen samskaras mentioned in ancient texts for paediatrics. It is an unique method to build long lasting health and intellect naturally without leaving any harmful side effects.
Swarna prashana is an unique method of giving swarna bhasma (gold ash) mixed with honey and ghee that is fortified with arka, an herbal extracts like vacha, brahmi, shankupushpi, etc. To children orally.
This process promotes overall growth in a natural way. Due to its broader benefits, it is not only useful for normal children, its much more beneficial for children with special needs such as autism, learning difficulties, attention deficit disorder, hyper activity, delayed milestones, etc.
Swarna prashana is one of sixteen samskaras mentioned in the ancient texts for pediatrics.
Benefits of swarna prashana is elaborated in “kashyapa samhita” that was written before 600 bc.
“Suwarnaprashanam hyetanmedagni balavardhanam ayushyam mangalam punyam vrushyam varnyam grahapaham”- ka. Su. 18/ 4-5
It means the following benefits can be achieved:
- Medha (intellect)
- Agni (digestive and metabolic power)
- Bala (strength)
- Aayush (gives long life)
- Mangalam (is auspicious)
- Punyam (virtuous)
- Vrushyam (aphrodisiac)
- Varnya (increases complexion)
- Grahapaham (eliminates the evil effects of planets)
- Vaidya vikas nagi is leading in swaran prashana
Is it possible for my 9 month old kid to loose 500mg of weight in 1 month. She weighed arround 8.2 kgs one month back now she is 7.5 kg. She is active in all aspects crawls, giggles, baby talks, but is very fussy about eating. We struggle to make her feed. Hence we are worried. She passes stool almost everyday and urination is fine. Is this loss of weight normal.
My 33 months old boy's head always seems to have temp than normal. I used to apply castor oil on hs sole to reduce the body heat. Imdtly he has running nose with sneeze. How can I help him to have normal temp. Is hs BMI nrml?
My child's age is 11 years he has fever, vomiting, stomach and body pain from 4 days and we have showed on 15/07/2015 to Dr., she has prescribed ibugesic plus and given injection, but nothing has cured, next morning we have visited to colombia asia hospital, after every tests, doctor has confirmed about dengue fever and his plate cells are 141000 and doctors has injected one small bottle injection and one big bottle on 16/07/2015 at 11: 30 am in casualty ward, we have requested regarding admission because we don't want to take any risk regarding our child's life, they explain us (in seven days dengue fever plate cells will increasing and digress, if lower level has touches counts of the plate cells then only we suggest for admission nothing to worry, just make daily blood test twice for counts of plate cells and take daily medicines which we have prescribed) doctor has sent with injected needle in wrist and from same day 07: 00 pm to 09: 45 pm had loose motion 7 times, again I have contact to hospital and explain to duty doctor, he suggested nothing to worry, it's a part of the curing we have given the injections that is coming out and if any infection in the stomach it will cure properly my request to all doctors please suggest, we have to do running treatment is enough or we have to proceed for other treatment.
I am observing symptoms of pin-worm in my baby boy (age 20 months). Please suggest the preventive medicine. Two months before on observing the same, We gave him some medicine (unfortunately I forgot the name) in the form of syrup and the symptoms went away but from last three days he is again feeling itching in his anus before going to sleep.
Dear mam/sir my son is 9 months old. I am feeding him morning rice with dall evening milk bikes biscuits and night cerelac. Now I want to change night schedule shall I feed him night also food. I mean morning and night food and noon cerelac. Does it will be digested for him.
My son 14 years old. Very thin and looks weak while as he is very active physically and mentally. My issue is with his height just 4.7' and weight 33 kgs. For the last three years, am running here n there for his improvement. But wasted money and time. Will you advise me?
I am 25 years old. My first baby. She is 7 weeks old. She sleeps very less compared to other babies her age. She sleeps an average of 5 to 6 hours only. She is very active, makes eye contact, smiles, makes sounds. Everything normal. Her eyes are a little slanted, sticks her tongue out most of the time. One of the doctor brought this to notice. However we always thought her eyes resembles mine. Being my first child, I am going insane. Her hands, feet everything looks normal. Please tell me what are the odds. I do not want to think dat my baby has DS.
My 1 years 7-months old son has been recently diagnosed with 'papular rash' by our pediatric doctor. He has been on daily dosage of - 1) Montair granules for 4-weeks. 2) Xyzal syrup 2 ml for 10-days. Our doctor had mentioned that if things settle down within 1-2 weeks, dosages could be reduced, however, he is currently out of town for 3-months. My son already took these medicines for 2-weeks & 2-3 new rashes have come up since past 2-3 days. Also, the existing ones seem to get cured. Should we continue the same medicines for the entire duration of 4-weeks or, is there any dosage reduction required?
Sir my sister daughter 12 year old. repeatedly coming typhoid fever for 3 months or 6 months and sometimes few weeks. So how to test and treatment recover life long the baby Please reply sir.
My daughter age is 15 month And 10 days. When his age is 6 and half months than we find that she is suffering from Iron deficiency Anemia. That time hemoglobin level is 6.5% and that time required blood transfusion. After that when she admitted in hospital that time Hemoglobin level is 10.38% and at presently We take some test. At present hemoglobin % is 12.20 and LDH level 597U/L and S. Ferritin level is 63.8 ng/ml and we also taken HB ELECTROPHORESIS and result is HB A- 96.5%, HB A2-2.3% and HB F -1.2%. Now I want to know the above report result mean. Can you tell me please? We are worry about his weight and not eating, when we try to her some food always vomiting.
My baby born on 20.04. 15. She feeding through bottle. Due to mother breast no milk. Every time she crying. So whats I do.
Yellow sticky discharge coming from left eye of my 50 days old baby. What is the reason for it? What to do for it?
Hello, My baby is 1.5 years old. She is not eating anything with interest. She does not like fruits, chapatis and paratha. She is always busy with herself. She does not take interest in any game. My question is which kind of food I should give her. I have to make puree of everything which she eat like dal and rice otherwise she will not eat.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?