Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gitanjali Sharma
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Gitanjali SharmaYour feedback matters!
My concern is regarding my gf, we are in a strong relationship from around 7 years, we are living together in a apartment from 3 years, everything is good in relationship but from last 1 year our sex life has been ruined, we haven't intimate once, whenever I ask her she always said that she has lost all her interest in sex she feels nothing, sometime I force her to do coz my sexual desire is too high than we got bursted we always had a bad fight she tell me you only want this, so I feel bad coz I serious love her. We want to get married but there is some problems in our families (Cast prob) I know she loves me a lot but just need to know that Can a girl live without sex for 1 year? Specially when she is living with her bf What is her mindset? Is it any medical problem? Or I can consider something else. Coz as human being sometimes I doubt her that might she is cheating me and that become more worse. I wanna get rid of this I want my relationship healthy as earlier and I am not understanding that how should I react on that. Please help me Is it any psychological issue or medical issue? Thank you.
My name is nayan, 28 year old male from bangalore. I feel I got anxiety disorder. I always feel a sense of fear. Kindly help me.
I had Fisher from last 15 years. Is it compulsory to go for surgery? What will happen if I leave as usual? Any growth will take place?
I have a 6 years old son. When he talks he couldn't say sound of r instead of r he says L and his voice is also not fully clear. I have visited a speech therapist he said his tongue is weak and its a case of articulation .pls suggest.
I am 40yrs old female, married, my daughter who was in 12th got failed, am so down. She is rewriting her exam am scared will she do it better. I don't get sleep at night. I don't know what to do?
Kissing has several benefits than it may seem, sure, it feels great, but apart from that, it also lowers your blood pressure. It further releases epinephrine hormone into your blood which allows your heart to pump blood faster and hence reduces the amount of the bad cholesterol. Here are a few reasons as to why you must grab the person you love and kiss him or her as soon as possible:
- It helps reduce your blood pressure: Kissing dilates the blood vessels and this can in turn help reduce the levels of your blood pressure.
- Relieves headache and cramps: The dilatation effect on the blood vessels seems to have a pronounced effect in relieving pain. This includes headaches and cramps from menstrual pain.
- Fights cavities: The saliva production in your mouth increases when you kiss. The excess saliva production helps to wash away the germs and plaque that accumulate in your mouth over a period of time. On the contrary, the cavity forming germs can also be transmitted from the mouth of one person to the other.
- Helps by releasing your happy hormones: Kissing helps release a cocktail of hormones such as dopamine, serotonin and oxytocin that are responsible for giving you a happy high. It is not just the sense of happiness you get from it, but also the hormones released can help strengthen the bond with your partner. Your lips have a dense connection of nerve endings which elevate the sense of pleasure in a person.
- Burn calories: Does it substitute for a 2 mile jog? No. But studies have shown that a good session of intense kissing can help burn up to about 8 to 16 calories.
- Boosts your self-esteem: Research has shown that people who leave home with a good bye kiss are more likely to work better and be in a good mood for the entire day. It could be because of the sense of feeling loved and cared for that makes one happy. A kiss can boost your self-esteem and even make you more productive at work.
- Tones the muscles of your face: Kissing involves the muscles present in your face and jaw line. A vigorous smooch can allow those muscles to act up and shape them in the process.
- Check out the compatibility with your partner: Kissing can be an important factor to measure the initial attraction of a person. This could be so important that it is often noticed that if the first kiss is not up to the mark, it can be a great turn off. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.