Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Hello Sir/Mam, married since 3 years. My husband was a drug addict although he had left since 1 year. We were and are suffering from Financial Crisis but I have always supported him in all terms whether financially, emotionally or morally. We are more of a friends and till now we did not had any relationship of like husband and wife. All this years I have been constantly smiling and motivating him that all will be fine and good one day. But now things have change I had became more irritating, I want him to be good to me is all I expect from him, but his mood swings like anything. He shouts at me as if I am some dog at his place. I am expected to do everything earn while completing my home task, but he as a husband has not given me anything till now. In fact his past affairs do come between us. Now I want to get separate but I am really confused as should I take this step as career wise I am having good opportunity in my hand and I do not want to miss my professional growth. Please help me.
Ow many acupuncture treatments does it take to relieve stress? Is this something that needs continual treatment?
My Mother's age 54 is suffering from diabetic since last 3 years, she is taking Glycomet GP, Galvus Met and Neomercazole. Recent lab test report shows Sugar fasting 90 mg/dl and PP 165 mg/dl, TSH 3mIU/L, HbA1c 2% and other reports too is normal. The problem lying with her is from last 20 days she is having anxiety, sleeplessness, low appetite, lack of energy. We have checked with her random blood check up during excess anxiety which is approx 135 to 140 mg/dl. Now we are unable to understand what problem is this? Please suggest.
For e. G.L lost somebody close last year and since there feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
A head full of the lush silky mane is what everyone desires as it enhances one's personality and physical image but with the growing levels of pollution and workload, it becomes difficult to maintain its health and beauty. There are a number of factors that contribute to the deterioration of hair and stress is one of them.
Stress is a complimentary ingredient in today's lifestyle. Hectic work schedules, maintaining a social life and many other reasons invite stress and it has become increasingly difficult to avoid. There are three types of hair fall that can be attributed to stress and anxiety.
- Telogen effluvium - There are three stages in the life cycle of hair, growth, resting and shedding stage. Stress and anxiety incurred from physical trauma, severe accident, illness and pregnancy can cause sudden and in most cases temporary hair fall. Sudden stress shocks the hair follicles and pushes them to the resting stage resulting in hair fall from combing or washing. This type of hair loss has been termed as Telogen effluvium.
- Trichotillomania - Pulling out hair from the scalp, eyebrows can be a way of dealing with stress. Inner palpitation, tension, anxiety has a way of coming to the surface and it has been noticed in some people that they unknowingly pull their hair out to cope with stress and in worst cases they also make a habit of it. This condition is commonly referred to as Trichotillomania.
- Alopecia areata - Hair falls out from certain portions of the scalp exposing scattered patches of skin. There are several reasons for this condition known as Alopecia areata, and stress has been identified as one. With alopecia, the immune system of the body attacks the hair follicles causing them to shed.
Hair loss itself can cause anxiety and stress further complicating the problem. Abnormal shedding of hair is usually an indication of a deep-rooted medical condition which should be treated immediately. Distressing and meditation can help treating hair loss.
I am suffering from gynecomastia since 8-9 years. I have tried so many exercises but none worked. I often suffer from anxiety and depression. I have excessive body fat and I tend to gain weight easily though I do not eat much and exercise regularly. I get excessive sweat while workout which is above normal. My memory is weak and sometimes suffer from insomnia. Am I suffering from hormonal imbalance.
Iam very forgetful. I can not remember things were I kept many times I left my keys on sude table drawer and search every where. please suggest me how can I increase my memory power.
I am fed up from my family issues and I feel hopeless, I feel uncontrollably and insecure like personal as well as family. How I can come out this situation.
Sir I have recently shifted to surat first I was in mumbai I only use to be with friends and my family is in surat and now I do not have my freedom as I come from a orthodox family I am stressed out a lot because of which I am facing many issues an I have become completely alone I have a bf but he is also least concerned now n I can not get him out of my mind an I have put on weight in a week I put on 2 kg n it seems my body is not responding to me at all my life is not that happening the way it was.
Sir I am an engineering graduate and I have a lot of trouble and don't remember any thing that and always a stress mind all time have a problem to remember past thing in memory. And working with one work I forget some things and my mind divert in another place after 5 minute I back to my mind on my work.
My son is 5years old he does not speak clearly he does not stammer but sound of his voice is not clear.
My 12 daughter is intelligent, but i have a tough time making her study. As if she studies just for my compulsion. She hates me during exams. How to to make her responsible?
When it comes to the brain, simple yet easy to make juices can make a lot of difference. These juices not only improve your memory, but are of great help to the cognitive functions as well. While green tea is a known component of increased brain function, there are other drinks too, which can charge your brain over the long term if consumed daily:
- Beet juice: Apart from being a nutritional powerhouse, beet juice is a great source of nitric acid. The latter helps with blood flow in the body. A smooth blood flow, on the other hand, helps the brain in functioning properly. A study has found that people who consume beet juice have an increased circulation in the white matter resulting from an increased brain activity. This juice is sweet in taste and can be consumed every alternate day.
- Berry Smoothies: Acai is a fruit which has a South African origin and hits the top of the list when it comes to brain assisting food. It increases the flow of the blood and dilates the blood vessels. However, this is extremely expensive. Berries also have a similar effect on the brain, but they are less powerful in nature. What can be done is to mix a little ingredient of Acai in frozen berries juice and drink the same every day. Frozen berries retain the freshness and the nutritional benefits. This drink will improvise your brain and increase blood flow in the body.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate is a great antioxidant and it very aptly limits the free radicals from damaging the brain cells. Antioxidants are also credited with increased blood flow and protection of the heart. A healthy cardiovascular system is synonymous to an increased brain function. What is surprising is the fact that Pomegranate has more antioxidant content compared to red wine and green tea. Pomegranate juice can be consumed daily during the morning or afternoon.
- Carrot juice: Carrot is known for its healthy components that are beneficial for the eyes. Recent studies have revealed that they are great for the brain too. Like other colored vegetables, they are a great source of antioxidant and have a high content of beta-carotene. Carrot juice can reduce the inflammation of the brain cells and improve memory. Carrot juice is not at all bitter and the same can be consumed every alternate day after your meal.
- Cocoa: A Harvard study revealed that two cups of cocoa on a daily basis greatly helps a person in improving memory. Cocoa contains flavanols that keep the blood pressure normal and relaxes the blood vessel linings. Cocoa is also known to be a great antioxidant agent that limits the free radical to affect the brain cells. Cocoa should not be overloaded with sugar and should be consumed hot before starting your day.