Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gitanjali Sharma
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Gitanjali SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am working on my first novel, but it taking lot of time to write a single sentence, sometimes I'm feeling that I'm not capable to write a novel, but I want to be an author, I have a story in my mind, but I'm feeling difficult to express in suitable words what should I do, I'm feeling frustrated and stressful.Please suggest me something for that.
I have lot of Determination Problem, I can't do anything neither study nor exercise how should I increase my determination?
Hai am 35 years old female, unmarried.past five days sudden pain in my right butt and back of my thighs and calf. Only right side. Is this high in risk. I do not have any health issues so far everything normal. Please help me. But I have heavy stress level.
My cousin was a regular smoker for approximately 4 months. He used to puff 10 cigarettes a day. But now he is quitting it and he is experiencing some problems like headache and insomnia. What should he do?
Hi. My daughter is 15 years old. She was suffering from acute meningitis at the age of 8yrs. Everything was normal for. Last 7 years. Now just a month back, she got 10-12 attacks of epilepsy one after another. For last one week she is getting mild attacks of epilepsy. Please suggest me.
I lost somebody which is more closer to me last year. We were together for last 20 years of our life. And now I feel so depressed. I can not even concentrate on my studies properly? What should I do to overcome this situation?
Dear Sir, I am 30 years Old, I am belongs from middle class. I am in unmarried till now. I want do hard work but my mind is not working properly (don't think I am mental). I have lot of problem, So I am thinking always my mind going to down. During work time so many thinking in my mind. Kindly give solution me to me to do my job better and grow up. My boss always angry on me.
World Alzheimer’s Day is celebrated on the 21st of September each year. A number of organizations, from all over the world concentrate on raising the awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Alzheimer’s disease is a very common type of dementia. It falls under the group of disorders in which mental functioning gets impaired. Life for an Alzheimer’s patients is quite difficult, but by following the following tips, you can support yourself and will also help you to cope with it.
- You have to accept the changes and accept that life will continue getting difficult. Instead of trying to cover your difficulties for protection from embarrassment, you should face the fact. You also have to accept the changes in your physical abilities and adapt to skills, which are beneficial.
- You should develop some ideal coping strategies. Try to be occupied and involved and respond to the challenges you face in everyday life. By practicing the coping skills you will be able to gain a sense of control in your life.
- Try to identify stuff. Make a list of all the tasks which seem challenging to you and try to develop coping strategies for these tasks. Prioritize your tasks and determine whether it is really necessary to overcome certain tasks. You should also strategize solutions and come up with solutions which would suit you best.
- You should set realistic goals and expectations for yourself and use the coping skills to deal with difficult tasks. In case of very challenging tasks, do not hesitate to take help.
- A daily routine or plan is required for keeping a track of several tasks. A schedule reduces the amount of time you spend to figure out something, simplifying your task and also prevents mistakes.
- Always approach one task at a time and take enough time to complete tasks. Do not give up on challenging tasks and take breaks to figure things out.
- Always remember that you have more than a single chance to solve problems. If one chance fails, you should adopt new strategies and try again and again with better assessment.
- You should identify the triggers which cause anxiety and stress. Knowing the causes will allow you to plan in advance so that you can prevent them.
- Keep in mind that your family, friends, pets, will power and prayers are sources of great strength and will help you get past any obstacle.
- You should accept help from others and do not hesitate or think about being dependent on others.
You should take the advice from your psychiatrist or from Alzheimer Association National Early-Stage Advisors in order to understand the challenges such as medications, management of schedules and dealing with emotional or relationship changes.