Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Gitanjali SharmaYour feedback matters!
Repeated occurrence of sleeping problems is a hidden mental health problem! #sleepmedicine #soundsleep
Insomnia or simply difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep has become a common complaint in today's fast paced life. But do you know that sleeping difficulties persisting beyond 2 weeks or more are warning sign of deteriorating mental health?
So, if you or any of your loved ones is battling with symptoms like difficulty falling asleep (needing 1 hour or more), repeated awakening with subsequent difficulties falling asleep and early morning awakening (waking up 2 hours or earlier than scheduled time with subsequent inability to go back to bed. Then now is the time to seek the help of a psychiatrist!
I have diagnosed myself with Adult ADD through some websites. I have suspicions for long time. What is your opinion on consulting a doctor? Is medication effective for this. What are the side effects?
I am 26 years old. I am the younger in my home and working in airport. I am suffering with unwanted anxiety and tension and angry towards everyone even to me. I know that there is nothing to worry or to be anxious. But still I cannot control my mind. I dont have the courage and confidence that needed for a 26 year old person. Sometime I may think about suicide too. Could you pls suggest me what to do to become a better human being.
Depression. The most common problem of this generation. Lack of sleep AND over sleeping as well Lack in concentration in everything and my studies R. I. P. Any suggestions. Please?
Hello my dad has pain in every part of his body first it started with back pain and now it is spread into all the parts of the body please advise on this.
Homeopathy is a medical science, which is used to cure diseases and is based on the principle of "like cures like". It was developed by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann who was a general physician by profession in Germany. The concept, "like cures like" may sound a bit weird, but it is proved to be successful and homeopathy treatment for any ailment is preferred worldwide. Depression is a kind of mental ailment or disease, which could make a person lose hope of living life and results in hopelessness and sadness.
There seems no cure to your problems. But in homeopathy we have all the answers to your problems. First we need the signs and symptoms to identify depression. Homeopathy medicines are totally natural and have fewer side effects than allopathic versions.
Types of depression:
- Depression due to stress
- Depression due to menopause
- Depression due to workload
- Depression in teenagers
- Depression in old people
- Major depression
- Atypical depression
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
Symptoms of depression are:
- Feeling hopeless and sad: The first signal or symptom is the feeling of hopelessness. In this, the patient loses the hope in everything. They feel like being trapped in some kind of cage, from which they are not able to come out.
- Lack of interest in anything: Everything seems to be of no use or interest, even your daily work. You don't want to do anything; even the things, which you loved to do like your hobbies and passions, which you no longer find interesting.
- Sleep irregularity: Insomnia or oversleeping. Either you sleep too much or do not sleep at all. This could be because of work or other stress in your personal or professional life.
- Irritation or unnecessarily getting angry: You start losing your temper easily and that too for silly reasons. You think you are losing control.
- Appetite problems: You either stress eat too much or too less or sometimes not at all. You are not willing to even eat your favourite dish is a sign of depression.'
- Concentration problems: You can't focus or concentrate on a particular thing for a long time.
- Frustration: You start feeling worthless and might even think of ending your life and getting out of this problem. Your behaviour changes and you can't think properly on one topic.
No need to get disheartened if the above symptoms are plaguing you, because the solution of your problem is in homeopathy. Homeopathy medicines do not have side effects and they remove the ailment from the roots. Medicines like Arsenicum Album, Ignatia, Natrum Muriaticum, Sepia help in various kinds of depressions. These should be taken in proper quantity as directed by the physician to get cured properly.
Related Tip: "How To Deal With Someone Who Is Suffering From Depression"