Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Giriraj
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. GirirajYour feedback matters!
I am 59 years old male I have back pain in lower part of my back. I asked many doctor but no relief I got. For last month it increases too much. So doctor please tell me some exercise to get relief.
Im feeding my baby she is 11 month now. My legs become numb when ever I sit down or take my baby on my lab. I can not walk fr seconds. It happen every time I take my baby on my lap.
Hello I am 30 years old working in private firm for 8.30 hours daily sitting job. I am experiencing knee point pain from last 4 months approx. Have all the tests done like RH factor, xray, blood tests but everything is fine. Now I have started experiencing pain in elbow joints and thumb joints also. Please confirm if anything can be diagnosed. I was lactating till november 17. And now taking regular calcium and d3 supplements. Vegetarian and eats egg.
I am 25 years old. I got back pain very badly. It is increasing day by day. I am student and I have to study. Please suggest me what I should do now?
Doctor, recently I have taken treatment for frozen shoulder. But within a few days after treatment why does my shoulder feel so weak?
I get right knee pain while climbing up stairs ,no pain while climbing down. Earlier it was negligible but now it is painful. Please suggest the remedy.
I am a male, 32, blood group b+ve, weight 61 kg, height 5 feet, working in BPO mostly night shifts. I have high uric acid in my blood and have joint pain mostly in shoulder and knee joints. I smoke and drink regularly. Please suggest me a proper diet for weigh loss. I do not take any medicine. Can I take non veg regularly? Please also suggest how much water can I drink in a day as many people have told me to drink up to 2.5 litres of water a day, but, I feel more thirsty than that and consume more water. Is wheat made chopstick suitable for me or not as a friend told me not to eat chapati due to my blood group. I am concerned about the intake of water, chapati, rice and my diet. Please suggest.
I have got fever in january before that on october 2014. After fever I have problem of pain in lower portion of legs below knee every day after I wake up in morning. Then when I start walking my pain is gone again next morning after sleep I feel pain again as I start walking no pain so could you guide me what is the matter and can it be deficiency of vitamin b12.
If you are suffering from back pain, you should know that the tiniest of movements can trigger the same. Back pain may occur due to several factors or reasons and it hampers your daily activities and standards of life to a great extent. However, you need to become active instead of being immobile for relieving back pain. There are several exercises which help in strengthening your back muscles and performing these on a regular basis will provide you relief from back pain drastically. Here are 7 common exercises which you should carry out:
1. Pelvic tilt: You have to lie on your back and keep your knees bend, but touching. Your feet should stay flat on the floor. By flattening your lower back against the wall and tilting your pelvis downwards, you must maintain the position for 20 to 40 seconds. Meanwhile, you must breathe slowly and deeply and then release. This stretch requires small movements for reducing tension, thereby easing your back pain.
2. Lumbar stretch: You need to sit on a chair, roll your head, chest, neck and lower back forward till your head gets between the knees. Hold the position and take deep breaths. Slowly, get back to the sitting position. Repeat this twice.
3. Cat position: You have to kneel on your fours and keep the knees and hip width separate. Keep the stomach muscles tense, arch your back like a cat does and maintain the position for five seconds. Repeat this and then allow your stomach to drop towards the floor direction and hold it for five seconds again.
4. Curl ups: For this exercise, you should lie on your back with the knees bent and your feet kept flat on the floor. Placing your hands behind the head will make the stomach muscles tense. Then, lift your shoulders, head and upper back from the floor. Do this around 10 times. This is ideal for strengthening your back.
5. Dry swimming: Begin by lying on your stomach, keeping a rolled-up towel under your belly for support. By tightening your buttocks, raise one arm and the opposite leg simultaneously. Switch your arms and legs and perform this for about two minutes.
6. Leg lift: For leg lifts, you should lie on your back with the knees kept bend and the feet kept flat on the floor. You have to press your lower back to the floor and straighten a leg with the knees aligned. After bending your leg, return to the starting position and repeat the exercise on the other side.
7. Cobra stretch: The cobra stretch is another ideal movement for stretching your tight abdominal muscles and lower back. You need to lie on your stomach with your legs extended and your palms planted on the sides of your head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.