Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Giriraj
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. GirirajYour feedback matters!
I am 52 years old. I got one ligament damaged in both legs knee. My left shortened by 3/4" due to gun shot injury. Presently I am feeling my shoulders and neck being jaam gradually. Perhaps this is symptums of survical spondolitis. I am suffering from osteo arthiritis. Since my child hood I am facing constipation and gastro problems. I am doing some physical activity to keep myself fit in my agricultural fields. More over I use to play volly ball regularly. I reduced my weight from 90 to 74 kg. My height is 5'8" (170 cm). What I should do.
I have pain in my leg but strange thing is that only when I'm sleeping so please refer me something and tell me the medicine.
I am 50 years old and have pain in my knee since last 15 days I am not taking any medicine .What should I do? Please give a suitable advice .Thanx.
I am newly married 24 year girl. I fell weakness. Back pain n some times vomiting. So suggest me what I need to do?
Sir I am a 55 years man and I am healthy but 3 month ago l was trying to lift up a gunny bag and till one week there was no problem with my health but after one week there was a sudden pain arouse in my back just under shoulders and after this I had checked up my back. xray didn't show any fracture. Consultant advised me to exercise of the neck to move daily both the sides approx 50 times but still I have not get relief a pain is still hurts me, after this I have get insomnia problem last 2 months I a suffering from Insomnia (sleeping disorder) now I have checked up my heart that is Showing 40-45 heart beat per minute below than normal. Is this is connected to sleeping disorder? So sir please advise me to this sleeping disorder and my pain and regarding heart rate. Thanks
I have aretessis problem. I.e. Knee pain problem since 2 year. I have consulted many orthopedics but still not recovering. Any suggestion?
My brother suffering from back pain and heavy pain in back head. He suffering this pain from last 10 days. No medical treatment is effective and no disease is found during test. Please give me some suggestions & what I do this time I can't understand.
I feel a sudden piercing pain at the tip of my right rib. I had some tests run but there was no detection. There is no order or timed recurrence. I wish to know the reason and the remedy.
Backache is an affliction that almost 80% of the population suffers from. It’s the most common problem that plagues society nowadays because of the sedentary lifestyle people have taken to actively. It is caused due to a series of problems mostly because of years of feeding your bad posture, or lifting heavy weights, slouching and other such hazardous lifestyle choices. Other issues that lead to backache include medical problems like pregnancy, arthritis and even osteoporosis. It can also be a result of some long-standing injury to the spine or back that never healed properly.
However, people have to live as they are with backaches, the best they can, choosing medication and other such temporary reliefs. Here are a few ways in which you can regulate your lifestyle and choose healthier habits to slowly but surely cure your backaches.
- Exercise: Exercise is a very effective way to keep backaches at bay. But it needs to be moderated and performed carefully. No heavy lifting or any work that requires slouching over and or bending down low for long periods of time. Things like walking and yoga help keep the spine straight and require calculated movements and are very good for your back.
- Resting: When you are sleeping, check that you are in a comfortable position, but try not to adopt a sleeping position that is harmful to you. If you wake up in the morning with an aching body, it probably means the mattress you are sleeping on isn’t right for you. A good night’s rest should get you relaxed and feeling refreshed. Which in turn alleviates your backache. Not resting well can elevate your backache Add pillows to hold the existing curve of your spine in place.
- Temperature: Applying cold packs or hot compress to the affected area is also an effective way to reduce the pain that comes with backaches. Doctors usually suggest using ice first to lower the swelling and then applying heat as and when required. Either of these methods will work just as well.
- Weight: You need to maintain a healthy weight to ensure that your backache does not worsen. Your back helps in pulling the weight of your body and if it is beyond a certain limit the back is not equipped to handle the burden and may give out or start aching continuously. To get to the weight that is required by your height, consult a dietician.
- Water: Physiotherapists often recommend using water exercises in lukewarm pools as a treatment. The buoyant nature of water helps with the stress in the muscles and the warmth of the water helps in decreasing the pain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!