Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Girija SubramaniumYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old married female, my periods are not coming and there is white starch from vagina along with itching.
I have doing sex with my fiance before 2 days but after 2 days she vomiting and not good health she is pregnant or not? I used the condom also.
I am 23 year old female. I and my boyfriend had unprotected sex last week and I took ipill to prevent pregnancy. We did unprotected sex again today. Is it ok if I take ipill again? What are the problems that I will face in future. I think I got my periods because of the ipill I took last week.
I am experiencing irregular periods. Usually I had bleeding for 5 days and very mild and bearable pain. Bleeding was more during the 2nd 3rd and 4th day. Done. Over But since two cycles it continues till 7 days accompanied by severe pain in lower abdominal region and feeling of vomiting and loo but doesn't happen and make me feel worsen. I am having change in my daily schedule because of exams (no stress) and bit irregular food habits. I was even having regular safe sex few weeks ago for 2 weeks. What should I do?
During March 12 I went out with my gf. I touch my precum and later around after 20 min my hand was totally dry. And then I touched her vagina. She is having irregular periods problem. Now it's her periods time and still not getting it. Its seeming to get her periods and getting pain. But periods not started yet. Is there any danger of getting pregnant.
What are the symptoms felt in 4th month of pregnancy and how much will be the growth and weight of baby in fourth month pregnancy.
From last 3,4 months I am experiencing body ache, breast pain and my body becomes too hot without fever 10,12 days before my periods start and sometimes along with pain also experience flu like symptoms feeling of cold and fatigue. And my duration of bleeding has also reduced from 5 days to just 3 days with starting of these symptoms I really feel very uncomfortable during those 10,12 days before my periods because it pains and feel sick. But once the period starts all above symptoms and pain subsides completely. Is there any way to lessen those 10 days uneasiness because I feel so much uncomfortable that I can hardly concentrate on my other work till my periods arrives I am 22 and avg height and my weight is 64 kg.
Because cholesterol can’t dissolve in the blood, which is made mostly of water, it is
transported by protein packages called lipoproteins. Low-density lipoproteincholesterol
(LDL-C) is “bad” because it carries cholesterol to artery walls and forms deposits,
also known as plaque. This can lead to a condition called atherosclerosis or “hardening” of
the artery walls. With time, plaque builds up and blood flow slows down or stops.
High-density lipoprotein-cholesterol (HDL-C) is “good” because it carries cholesterol from
artery walls back to the liver and can reduce or prevent plaque build up.
Love:It does make the world go round. With millions of songs and movies that have this emotion in its center, can it really be any other way? From early life, love acts as a security blanket from our parents, a growing up adventure with siblings and an out of the world experience with pets. When you learn to care and love, it becomes a life habit that helps you find happiness in all situations.
In several Harvard studies over the years on finding the 'secret of happiness'and the connection between happiness, health, and love, one common undisputed fact emerged that love and good relationships keep you healthier and happier. There really is no medicine like having someone to love and share a life with. Note that you need these reasons for being in love but it is great to know them any way.
- The heart and love connection: Our heart has been connected with the emotion of love for so many reasons. Historically, the heart was thought to be the seat to thinking, emotions and memories. It beating extra hard during excitement and love gave an automatic connection to the two. This popular notion continued to take center stage even after it was scientifically proven that the heart only pumped blood while the brain took up other functionalities. The association remains strong until date where the beating heart as a life source is associate with love - which makes life a happy place.
- Love can boost your immune system: A research by Ronald Glazer and Jan Kiecolt-Glaser suggested that couples who engaged in positive conflict resolution had a higher functioning immune system than those who didn't. Which means, if you get into an argument, you need to play fair and play nice. Couples who argued and stonewalled showed a larger decline in their immediate immune system functioning. Some connection!
- Love more, live longer: According to a 2004 study by the CDC, married couples had the lowest mortality rates. Generally speaking, people who are in committed, loving relationships experience less stress which translates to improved heart health. Happy and loving relationships also coax us into giving up risky behaviours like smoking, especially when you want to raise a family. This in turn propels a healthy lifestyle.
- It can reduce your pain: Pain is a feeling when we are physically harmed internally or externally and its intensity is controlled by our brain. But the heart plays an equally important role in its intensity - i.e. reducing it. If you hold the hand of the person you love, it can minimize your feelings of pain. No wonder then that women in labor hold their husband's hand to tide through the pain!
- Love can keep your heart happy: Love increases the feeling of bliss and elevates you into a different sphere of optimism, energy and sense of well being - all of which go into keeping your heart healthy.
Many people across the world spend a considerable amount of time contemplating on which type of delivery is the most preferable. In earlier times, normal delivery was the only option but these days, there is an increase in the number of caesarean or C-sections. Today, 30% of children of children around the world have been born through the C-section. Since it is up to the woman to select which type of delivery she would prefer, it is imperative to comprehend the advantages as well as risks of both the options.
Advantages of vaginal delivery to the mother
From a psychological point of view, women who opt for normal delivery are believed to have a relatively positive birthing experience. Women who go through normal delivery often feel that it is empowering to be actively involved in the procedure of giving birth to their babies. Such mothers have a much shorter span of recovery time compared with those opting for C-sections. This procedure also lets the mother as well as the baby to come in contact with each other, which in turn speeds up the process of bonding.
Pros of normal delivery for the baby
It has been found that babies who are born via vaginal delivery are less prone to developing any kind of complications related to health. They can be fed, sooner and develop fewer allergies and respiratory issues. However, very few babies born through vaginal delivery can experience any injury while being born, though this is an extremely rare condition.
Benefits of Caesarean section for the mother
There are numerous women who opt for the C-section so that there is no need to go through extended hours of labour. Today, with the advancement in medical science, mothers are able to plan the birth of their child, and it allows more control over the birthing process along with more predictability. Women who go for a C-section do not suffer from any damage to the pelvic floor, which often leads to incontinence in the course of time.
Advantages of a C-section delivery for the child
In most cases, when there are twin babies, or a single baby is too large, opting for a C- section can prove to be the most viable option. Plus, if the mother is a carrier of certain diseases like HIV, then a C-section reduces the chances of passing it to the baby.
Thus, both the options have their own set of pros and cons, and it is best to speak with a qualified gynaecologist before deciding on anything.