Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Girija SubramaniumYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. I am 3 months married girl. I am noticing from last two three times that whenever me and my husband do intercourse I get itching while doing and moreover we both can't discharge properly. Please tell me what is the problem my husband is under medication of depression ?
I am 22 years female. I have taken an I pill on 13 Jan after having a sex via pull out method with my partner on 11th Jan. I was expecting my periods on 12th Jan but still I did not get my periods. I had my last periods on 12th Dec till 16th Dec. Could I be pregnant? I have not taken any pregnancy test yet and I do not want to get pregnant right now.
Exercising should not a dreaded, but enjoyed. Exercising in the water can be as challenging and intense as any other form of exercise, but without the sweating. Aquatic exercises are ideal for every age and especially beneficial to those with injuries and joint limitations like arthritis. Exercising in water also helps with weight loss and stress management. If you want a reason to start exercising in water, here are three:
- Increases flexibility: Water is unpredictable in its movements. When exercising in water, the body has to push against water and faces water resistance. This resistance can be up to 42 times more than the resistance you would encounter when exercising on land. Thus while adjusting to the push and pull of water, the body is forced to move in various directions. This helps increase the range of motions in all the joints. The upward thrust of water or buoyancy also negates the effect of gravity and cushions the body. This reduces strain on weight bearing joints, muscles, ligaments and tendons. As a result, the body becomes more flexible.
- Low impact: One of the biggest differences between exercising on land and exercising in water is the impact of the exercise on joints. For example, running on land puts a lot of stress on your knees. However, if you were to run in water, your knees would not make you cry in pain. This is because of the buoyancy of water. By cushioning your body, it supports half your body weight and thus makes you bear only half your body weight. This reduces the impact on your joints and makes exercising in water appealing to those with joint problems or those undergoing physical rehabilitation after an injury.
- Makes the heart work efficiently: Water has a unique property that makes it makes the heart work more efficiently. By pushing against the entire body surface, the hydrostatic pressure aids in the flow of blood from the all parts of the body to the heart and thus improves blood circulation. This puts less stress on your heart muscles. Thus by exercising in water, you can lower your blood pressure and heart rate.
Apart from these benefits, exercising in water also helps build endurance and increases muscle strength. It is also one of the most cooling and enjoyable ways to burn calories. It would be rare for you to be in a pool all by yourself and hence exercising in water is also a social exercise. So when are you stepping into the pool?
I am 23 years old , female , not married. I am getting back pain, lower abdominal pain and vaginal discharge for more than one week. Vaginal fluid is slight thick. My periods is about to come. Is this any serious issue.
There can be a number of reasons that lead to infertility in women. Endometriosis is one of them. It is a benign condition where the endometrium, which includes the tissues that form the lining inside the uterus, grows outside the uterus. Apart from infertility, it may also cause pelvic pain in women.
There are no such symptoms of endometriosis apart from pelvic pain and it cannot be detected without surgery. Thus, it is very difficult to diagnose this disease and state how common it is. However, research says that the prevalence of this disease in women in their reproductive age is between 3 to 10 per cent.
It is found that endometriosis sometimes leads to infertility. Here is how:
- Abdominal Adhesions and Infertility: Normally, the endometriosis implants develop in the abdomen. Then the body surrounds them with connective tissues. The reason for doing so is isolating the implants, so that they cannot harm your body. Now, sometimes these adhesions can create a blockage in the opening of the fallopian tube or may also pinch off the fallopian tube. This will result in obstruction in the fertilisation of egg and the sperm and thus fertilization will not take place; so there are no chances of conceiving. These obstructions when diagnosed can be treated with surgery.
- Secretions from implants: Endometrium plays a vital role in conception where the tissues secrete a wide variety of hormones and nutrients. Now, the endometrial implant also functions in the same way and secretes those hormones. The difference is that it does not deposit them in the lumen of the womb, and it is released in the abdominal cavity. In these substances, there may be some hormones that are responsible for infertility.
- Prostaglandins: Prostaglandins are other hormones that are secreted by the endometrium normally. It helps in a lot of body processes that include various stages of menstrual cycle and pregnancy. This hormone is required for a lot of functions such as ovulation, sperm mobility, and regression of corpus luteum, immune interaction, menstrual cramps and contraction of the uterus at birth.
Just like the endometrium, the implants also secrete these hormones. And, the problem that is caused by the implant secreted prostaglandin hormone is that they are released in the abdomen and not in the womb. Moreover, they are not secreted at the right time, thus sending a wrong message to the brain.
A woman with a few days of pregnancy may face a miscarriage because the ovary will get a signal to start the menstrual cycle, and the womb lining where the egg is implanted will be expelled.
Hi sir I have a question that I am pregnant and my 9th months is running sir since last two days I'm feeling some pain in my stomach and I can't understand that is it lever pain or may be something other please suggest me thank you.
Doctor, I am 23 years old, I am pregnant of 15 weeks, last week I had done my usg, it shows everything is fine only having low lying placenta it is 3 cm from internal os, I want to ask you this, what all precautions I need to take? And can i and my husband keep physical contact in this conditions?
In the month of march 3×2 cm subserosa fungal fibroid was detected. Then I had my last period in april 2nd and I am 28 weeks pregnant now. My fibroid was detected to be grown as 5 cm now. My concern ia how to get rid of this fibroid? My doctor says it cannot be removed during delivery. Then how do I get this removed? What if it continues to grow? I already had twice myomectomy because of the same fibroid growth and regrowth one on 2009 and another in 2014. Pls help. There must be a limit to the number of surgeries tht can be performed to remove this.
I have minor pcod prblm so my periods is irregular. My Dr. recommend me some tablets T3 and Apcod obis since 4 months. She told me that after 4 months your periods is regural n no problem. But still my date is 19th but missed this date. What should I do. Plsss tell me fast.
I have adenomyasis problem,& taking depo provera injection from last 18 month. Is this effect my health.
My wife was pregnant and we received a baby boy so I would like to know when we can do intercourse or sex?
I am female, 48, fair, diabetic since 2008, having periods regularly. My face is not clear, dark pigmentation on my cheeks, it looks am lost black, very little on whole face. I use sunscreens whenever go to work. I usually use gulabjal as toner then sunscreen then, term arif cream then face power of Lakme. Kindly suggest some remedy from clearer skin.
Hey I am 19 years n a few days later I and my boyfriend ws fooling around he ws naked where as I had my underwear on. He ended up ejaculating near my vaginal area on my underwear. Acc to my last periods I ws supposed to get my periods on 18th which surely dint come yesterday I saw a lil bit on spotting on my underwear. I started my ayurvedic medicine 2 dys back for hormonal balance as I suffer from irregular period n light flow. Am I pregnant?
Hum 14-15 din pahle unprotected sex kar chuke hain Aur uska period nhi aaya. Preganews se check karne par. Pata chala ki wo pregnant hai. But hum abhi baby nahi chahiye please help urgent. I am so depressed. please help any tablet.
I am 22 year female I married before 11 month my first pregnancy fail after that every month I having pain in stomach and I try for pregnancy but it can not work and every month my menses not regular?
I am asthmatic and usually I face breathing issues for which I take asthalin rotocap inhaler. I am on family way and currently in 4th month of pregnancy and now a days I have started taking inhaler thrice a day. So does this happens that during pregnancy this problem increases. Would there be any impact on our baby?
It has wonderful cancer fighting properties. It is rich inantioxidant content and helps to boost your metabolism, weight loss and also in maintaining weight.
Oranges are the great source of vitamin c, antioxidants, folic acid and anticancer compounds.
Studies have shown that dark chocolate lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol. It is natural mood boosting anti - depressant.
It provide protection against cancer if cooked rather than taken raw. They protect you against lung, stomach, bladder and prostate and skin cancer and of course heart disease.
It boosts immune system and provides protection against cancer. It prevents nausea, diarrhoea, constipation as well as bloating.
Walnuts are very beneficials for health. They contain plenty of muscle building protein and prevent heart diseases.
Eggs provide vitamin a, b12 and protein. It helps to build muscles, burn fat and fight obesity.
Apple reduce the risk of heart disease.
It protect you from heart disease. This controls bad cholesterol levels in your body while increasing the good cholesterol level. It is great souce of antioxidants.
It is one of the most powerful healing spices. It controls blood sugar in diabetics.