Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gikki KalaikelviYour feedback matters!
One of my friend Lydia is pregnant (1-2 weeks) but she wants to abort it without any surgery, can she do it by having specific medicine?
Hi, my wife's period is on 10th or 11th of every month, I had sex on 8th of this month, is there any chance of pregnancy?
I'm facing white discharge ï.e.luecoerhea and itching problemem from Last two weeks. please suggest.
During pregnancy, a woman needs to take care of her body and her baby. One of the most important parts of pregnancy is the level of nutrition and diet of the woman. This has a direct bearing on the growth of the baby as well as the progression of the pregnancy. Nutrition is a matter of deciding what kind of food one should eat and the kind of food that one should stay away from, at this point. Weight management and looking after your sugar and blood pressure levels is also a part of this nutrition plan that you will follow during your pregnancy.
In case you are confused about the diet and nutrition plan that you must follow during your pregnancy, then here is a plan that you can use. Do remember to consult your doctor so that it may be customised as per your body and specific conditions.
- Grains: You will need to ingest at least seven to eight pounds of grains in a day. These may include wheat, rice, and other local grains like Ragi, Bajra, Jowar and other such grains. You must create a good balance of these grains. But do remember to find out if you doctor would recommend the use of grains, depending on the state of your health. You may also want to watch out for signs like constipation and loose motions in case your body is not able to tolerate excessive amounts of grains. You can also stick to cereal for breakfast and other grains for lunch and dinner. Try and create a mix of grains with which you can make rotis or flatbread to be had with vegetables.
- Fruit: You will need to have at least two cups of fruit a day. In case you are diabetic or you are suffering from gestational diabetes or even a high level of sugar, you may want to consult your doctor about the amount of fruit that you can have during the day. This is also a good substitute when you are having sugar cravings during your pregnancy. Try and have plenty of fruit and mix up the colours as the fibre will also help in dealing with any constipation that you may be going through.
- Vegetables: It is imperative to have at least three to four cups of vegetables a day when you are pregnant, as this will supply a lot of nutrients, minerals and vitamins to the growing baby. You may especially want to stick to vegetables like broccoli that have a high iron and folate content which can give a good amount of folic acid. This is usually required for good growth of the foetus. As with fruit, you will need to mix up the colours and have something from each colour group every day. You can combine this with some amount of meat as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have got physical with my gf 5-6 days before and from that day she is getting pain continuously in her vagina. She is feeling uncomfortable while bathroom and feeling so much itching in her vagina and when she back from bathroom again she feeling like want to go bathroom but nothing like that. Her vagina getting wet all the time. There is some kind of white liquid comes out. Please suggest medicine or any doc to consult.
Me & my girlfriend wants to have safe sex. But she wants to have sex without having any protection. Her periods will come in mid of 2nd week in every month. Please suggest how to have safe sex without having any protection.
Dear Sir. Maine 6 july ko sex kiya tha with safety ke sath .aur meri wife ki time period last 26 jun ko aaya tha. But abhi tak es month time period nahi aaya. Plzz suggestion kare. Time period kyun nahi aaya. Normally har time par aa jata h.es bar hi nahi aaya.
Is it normal having pinching like feeling in left lower abdomen area sometime not always in first month of pregnancy?
Lung diseases seem to be on a high of late, with rise in pollution and fall in immunity. It is crucial to be self-reliant and careful while taking care of your lung health. There are certain very basic things you can do at your end to ensure good lung health. They are:
1. Be proactive - do not neglect any concern related to your lung health. If you have been coughing for long, or feel there is cough inside that is just not going away, see a specialist.
2. Exercise - working out not only keeps your body fit, it is good for your lungs as well. When you exercise, your breathing quickens. This improves cardio respiratory function.
3. Environment-friendly - if you are renovating your home or office, try to look for products that are environment friendly. Paints, insulation, cleaning products, etc can have harmful gases which are not good for your lungs. So, use environmentally safe products.
4. Stop smoking - a lot is being advertised and said about the hazards of smoking on the lungs. Still, it doesn't deter people from smoking. If you want your lungs to stay healthy, butt out immediately. Smoking puts you in the danger zone for lung cancer, emphysema, cpod, chronic bronchitis and even lowers your immunity.
5. Wear masks - many professions require people to be amidst fumes and gases which are hazardous for the lungs. If you are in a profession like painting, welding, etc of if you are a construction worker or mechanic, ensure that you are wearing breathing protection at all times while working.
6. Keep indoors pollution free - fireplaces, air fresheners, pet dander, dirty linen, ventilation systems - all pollute the kind of air that we breathe inside the house. It is advised to vacuum your homes frequently, keep the ducts and fireplaces clean, change bed linen every week, inspect your house for molds and always be careful about the quality of the air purifier that you are using.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Mujhe dono ovary me small cysts hai. Or period april ke baad july or july ke baad avi tak nhi hua. Doc ko dikhaya to unhone kuchh dawa di. M2-tone syp Ovral-l 21 tab Fynal-oz tab Meftal spas P-rd/ pentan d. Meri age 24 years hai. Mai pregnancy ke liye try karna chahti hu. To doc ne kaha hai ki 2 mahine baad try karne.
In case that your child is physically and sexually developing sooner than usual, it can be a testing time for them. This is usually associated with early puberty. Usually, children are very confused about the changes that their bodies go through. What is worse is when they are hurt by the comments from other school kids, who usually insult any individual who is even slightly different. With early puberty, your kid will most likely grow faster than a lot of his or her friends and hint at puberty, for example, the formation of body hair and body odour.
To make the child feel better, parents can be of a lot of help. Along with speaking with them about early puberty with your kid, you can offer ways to deal with stress that support their self-esteem, particularly with bullies in the school. These techniques may offer help:
- Instill them with a lot of information about puberty and how it is a natural process. One approach to help a child’s self-esteem while managing healthy puberty is to clarify the circumstance decently well. You may use a book about puberty with illustrations, one intended for your child’s age and mental stage of development.
- Show them how to manage the bullying in school. Reacting to bullying and teasing is not specifically related to early puberty. It applies to a huge variety of circumstances when other kids either target or single out one kid for ridiculing them. Essential steps for parents and guardians include:
- Focusing on the significance of searching out a teacher or other grown-up if any bullying is taking place.
- Try to tell the child to educate his or her friends about the bullying so they can help him or her out in overcoming the same.
- Role playing circumstances that the child is gone up against and help create reactions that help him or her get over it.
- Know your child’s friends. As a parent, you can create your child’s group of friends and ensure it remains an adoring, tolerating one. Ensuring you remain associated with the social situations and, most important, the built up friendship circles with the parents of other children.
- Look for outside support. At the point when a child is experiencing early puberty, one thing that helps them is talking with different guardians or adults in a similar circumstance.
Early puberty is a very confusing time for all children, and when that procedure goes on for quite a long while sooner than it was supposed to, especially when children's companions are not experiencing it yet, it can be very overpowering. Therefore, the child should be very well educated in this area and should get proper support from everyone. This includes parents, teachers, guardians as well as their friends. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Hello Madam Meri girl friend ko achanak es bar MC hona band ho gya. Hone ki date thi 26-07-2017 and till now 04-08-2017, tk nhi hua hai, uski age 22 hai aur vo bahut ghabrae hue hai. please suggest me madam as soon as possible.
PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome is an endocrine disorder in women, in which the female hormones, progesterone and estrogen, are imbalanced. This imbalance leads to the formation of cysts (benign masses) in the ovaries. PCOS tends to affect your heart functions, fertility, menstrual cycle and appearance.
There are certain symptoms, which can be indicative of PCOS; these symptoms tend to begin as a woman's menstrual cycle starts. In certain cases, however, PCOS may also affect a woman in her mid age. PCOS can also cause excessive hair growth in unwanted places like above the upper lip,chin,arms and chest like a male.
The symptoms are:
- Increase in the production of male hormone, leads to development of male characteristics
- The size of the breasts may reduce
- The tone and the texture of the voice may change and become similar to a man's voice
- Hair may start to fall
- You may suffer from acne and pimple breakouts on your face
- It can lead to sudden weight gain
- It may affect a woman's fertility
- It may lead to pain in the pelvis
Other symptoms: Apart from these symptoms, a woman may also experience other health complications such as high levels of bad cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes.
Causes: The causes of PCOS are not well known, however, the likely causes are genetics and hormonal complications. If someone in the family has PCOS, then the risk of being affected by PCOS rises significantly. The other likely cause is the overproduction of the male hormone androgen in the female body. Although androgen is a male hormone, the female body also produces it in trace amounts. However, in some cases, when it is overproduced, it might impair the ovulation process.
Diagnosis and Treatment: Once the condition is diagnosed, there are certain treatments, which are recommended for the patient. The condition in itself does not have a cure, but the symptoms can only be controlled. Medications to control the androgen levels in the female body may be administered if you have androgen hormone complication. A balanced diet and an exercise regimen can be chalked out to control body weight and regulate blood sugar levels. If PCOS leads to ovulation problems, then medications to facilitate ovulation may be advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 6 weeks pregnant. I have observed little brown spots since 5 days. Though it is very minute its concerning alot to me. Is it normal or is it a sign of amy miscarriage? Help me to overcome this. This is my first pregnancy. Thank you in advance.
I have PCOD. Took clomifene from 2 nd day till 5 days. Went for follicular monitoring. On day 18, took injection 5000 ,follicle size was 23 mm ,2 in no. In right ovary. Today day 21 went for U/s n discovered no rupture, follicle size 28 and 30 mm. Wat r d chances of conception in this cycle? Will dese turn into cysts. U/S showed mild free fluid.
Hi I am 34 years married female, on 4th feb I got a pre-term labor (it was 6 month of pregnancy) and failed to survive the child though a living baby was born, my postpartum bleeding stopped by 16th feb, now on 28th march I am experiencing mild cramp and very faint reddish tint bleeding with minor brown tint mucous. I really don't know whether its my menstrual period or not? And is this normal too?
Madam, I am 34 years old and my last periods was on 20.06.2017 and today is already 24.07.2017 and my normal monthly cycle is every month early periods by 7 or 5 days but this time I was taking CALCIUM TABLETS - EZORB FORTE and I am having acidity problem for which I had taken prescribed medicines for 10 (from 27.06.2017 to 6.07.2017). Kindly let me know whether the delay of my periods is due to these calcium and other medications.
Vitamin D and pregnancy hand in hand go together. Expecting mothers need ensure they get the recommended amounts of Vitamin D during pregnancy for the healthy development of the baby as well as their own well-being.
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin obtained mostly from consuming fortified milk or juice, fish oils, and dietary supplements. It also is produced in the skin by exposure to sunlight. Vitamin D which is ingested or produced in the skin must undergo hydroxylation in the liver and kidney to promote absorption of calcium from the gut to enable normal bone mineralization and growth. Severe maternal Vitamin D deficiency has been associated with congenital rickets and disordered skeletal homeostasis coupled with fractures in the new-born during pregnancy. Vitamin D is necessary for the metabolism and absorption of phosphorus and calcium. Many studies are finding a connection between low serum vitamin D levels and an increased risk of certain types of autoimmune disease, cancers, insulin resistance, neurological disease and cardiovascular disease.
Latest studies have shown that Vitamin D deficiency is common during pregnancy especially among women residing in northern latitudes, living in cold climates or wear sun and winter protective clothing and ethnic minorities, especially those with darker skin. As the Vitamin D level of new-born is largely dependent on maternal Vitamin D status, the infants of mothers with vitamin D deficiency are also at risk of Vitamin D deficiency. Inadequate vitamin D can lead to abnormal bone growth, fractures, or rickets in new-borns. Deficiency of vitamin D leads to a higher risk of pregnancy complications like gestational diabetes, premature birth and low birth weight.
The symptoms of a vitamin D deficiency include aching muscles, bone pain, and softened bones leading to fractures. Fish liver oil, fatty fish, and eggs are excellent food source for Vitamin D. It is difficult to get sufficient vitamin D from food, which makes it necessary to have Vitamin D supplements. Since the skin uses the sun's rays to produce vitamin D, limited sun exposure is recommended. Exposure to the sun's ultraviolet rays intensifies the pigment changes causing skin darkening in pregnant women. Thus, most doctors endorse that pregnant women protect themselves from the sun and get their vitamin D from supplements. The average prenatal vitamin contains 400 IU of vitamin D, which makes it imperative that additional supplements should be taken. The significant compounds for human development are D2 and D3. The best way to really ensure adequate vitamin D is through simple supplementation. Ergocalciferol is the vegetarian form of vitamin D whereas cholecalciferol is the animal-sourced form, derived from fish liver oil or lanolin from sheep.