Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Gikki KalaikelviYour feedback matters!
Our marriage had passed 2 year complete but we have no child although my wife have all reports normal.
I want to end my life. Or get lost completely. All im worried is about my 2 yr old son. Im being treated with hypothyroid and pcos nd i know ive been depressed from quite a few years. Can i by any chance overcome this? Is there special medication that makes ppl happy?
Some kind of white liquid is oozing out from her breasts. And it is also paining, while it gets out.
I am having sex with my wife hardly daily. Planning to have child. Does hard sex gives pregnant or not.
Hi we are newly married couple. We did sex last night. When I was fully erect inside her vagina i m feeling little pain and the same way she also feeling pain if I stop for few seconds pain is going from both of them and after completing the girl has a small bleeding from her Virginia little. She do not have pain when she was bleeding. Is there any problem? Y she is bleeding without any pain.
Endometriosis is a painful disorder in which tissue that normally lines the inside of your uterus, the endometrium grows outside (endometrial implant). It commonly involves ovaries, bowel or tissues lining your pelvis. The main symptoms are pelvic pain and infertility. While chronic pain exists throughout, it tends to aggravate during menstruation and / or sex. Though the cause is not entirely clear, women with a family history of the condition need to be extra cautious. Endometriosis is normally detected by its symptoms combined with a medical imaging. Though the growth is not generally cancerous, a biopsy is recommended to eliminate doubts.
The condition of endometriosis is attached with social and psychological effects as it affects a woman's child bearing ability. Most minds race anxiously as to what the surgeon might find and will your body heal after the procedure. Here are some tips to prepare for your endometriosis laparoscopy
- Before the surgery: Read up as much as possible about your condition and note down questions you want to ask your doctor. Get details about the entire procedure and how the doctor is treating your specific case. Having knowledge will help you stay calm and focused. Next, gear your home for the process. Stock your fridge with quick heat homemade meals. It's best for you and the family to have healthy food than the store bought preservative laden food. Clean your home, change your sheets and purchase some loose fit clothing for later use. Last but not the least, stock up on some reading material that will come handy during your rest period.
- On day of surgery: Do not eat or drink anything from 12 midnight until the time of your surgery. You may also need the unpleasant enema procedure during your prep. Remove your nail polish and leave your jewellery, watch and valuables at home. Shower and get to the hospital early to get on with the forms you'll need to fill. The procedure requires anesthesia so do discuss your allergies or any concerns you may have with this aspect of the procedure. Once you are set with you IV and anesthesia, the doctor takes over to do what they do best cure you.
- The procedure: a small incision is made near the belly button and the abdomen is filled with CO2 gas which lifts it away from other organs. During the laparoscopy, the doctor examines the pelvic organs, looking for obvious and atypical endometriosis lesions as well as endometriomas (endometriosis'filled cysts),adhesions, and scarring. He may then remove the lesions to send to a lab for biopsy
- After surgery: You'll most likely wake up groggy in the recovery room after your surgery. You may feel some pain as you come around but if it's a day procedure, you'll be able to leave as soon as you feel ready.
Although pregnancy may temporarily suppress the symptoms of endometriosis, it does not eradicate the disease. The symptoms will almost always return after the baby is born. If you are suffering from this painful condition and want to seek help, you can consult here.
I done hysterectomy on 22-12-2014. Last 45 days , i have little/moderate vaginal bleeding . By usg it revealed vault hematoma of size 6.5 mm x 2.5mm size. Please advice. How long it will cure.
Missed periods were on 9th march 2015 sore breast urinating frequent 3 home pregnancy test all showed 2 red lines can it still be false positive pregnancy test.
Hi, Recently this week I visited a homeopathic doctor as I had motion issues. I use to have my motions once in 3 or 4 days for which I was advised by the homeopathic doctor to take half spoon of fenugreek seeds in the night with warm water. The very next day I got to know that I'm pregnant. Can you pls advise whether should I stop consuming fenugreek seeds or is it safe during pregnancy. Please respond on priority. Thanks allot.
Hi doctor, recently I went to a gynaecologist where after some blood test, she told me I have pcod. She gave me medicine for one month. Rest I didn't get any tips to reduce pcod. Can you please guide me a diet plan for it.
I inside my penis inside my girlfriend's vagina unprotected Just 2-3 times and removed it . I am 101 percent sure I did not ejaculate inside her . I just wanted to be double sure Is that all right ? I am really tensed right now .
I am just married and I want to know how I can sex with my wife without condom on ,not making her pregnant.
She delivers a male child before a month by c section. She is feeding mother and to know how many days or month I should not make relation with my husband and by mistake it happen with in month after delivery, how can check that pregnant or not again. Heard by other, periods take time to continue after delivery, so pls advice my cousin. She is very tens. thanks.
Im 19 years old n my fiance is 24 years old he press n touch my breast very hardly and after touching he sucks my breast like a child some times he bite my nipple too. Due to his hardly touch I get lost of pain. Is press the breast very hardly can milk come out o what?
My penis is very small that is 3 inches but my wife is not satisfied with that we do sex in regular basis she asks me every time is that possible to get the bigger one please try I went to doctor but he said do something like foreplay etc and two inches is enough for having good sex but in practical I'm suffering a lot please suggest any tablets or exercise to grow my penis.
My 21 year daughter has been diagnosed for cod, besides this she is facing problem of pcod since last 3 years. She is on glyciphage 1mg tablet (od), since last three years. Please advise.
My wife visited gynaecologist and was told that she has conceived. This was confirmed on 17 Feb 15. She prescribed Duphaston 10 mg , Folsafe , Gestofit 300 SR. All medicines twice daily. She was asked to visit today i.E. 8 mar 15. We visited today and Dr. Did ultrasound twice and told that again she will do ultrasound again after one week and continued the medicines. When asked about probable dates Dr. Told that is 19 JAN 2016. Now this is surprising. Dr. Was so busy that she even did nt listened to patient. My wife repeatedly told that her BP is very low (we checked regularly at home) 55/100 avg. But Dr. Ignored. Now our worry is about date. Need advice.
There is an age old saying that drinking water during meals will disturb your digestion and dilute stomach juices. Advice, that floats around generally, states that you should have water at least 30 minutes after you have had a meal. Studies have been carried out on this subject to find out how true or false these claims are.
- Levels of stomach acid: The claim is that if you drink water during the meal it will dilute the stomach acids, which are required to break the food down. However, doctors have stated in clinical trials that water doesn't tend to have any effect on the levels of stomach acid at all.
- Stomach and digestion process differs from person to person: This might be a thing of personal choice as habits differ from person to person. Also what is tolerable for one person may not be to another. It usually comes down to how your digestive system reacts to drinking water. Some people have claimed that drinking water while consuming food can make them feel bloated. There are no scientific studies proving this and it could be a psychological effect as well.
- Other side of the story drinking water can fill up your stomach before or during a meal: While drinking water may not have adverse effects on digestion, it can fill up the stomach by volume and decrease appetite. Doctors will also suggest drinking a good amount of water just before a meal if you are trying to lose weight as it can suppress your appetite.
Proved pros of drinking water:
Most clinical trials and studies by doctors have proven that drinking small to moderate amounts of water during the meals will help your digestion rather than impeding it.
Some of the advantages are:
- Liquefies food in the stomach
- Helps in nutrient absorption
- Prevents constipation
- Stop bloating
- Softens stool
- Ensures Lubrication of the digestive tract
- Helps you control your hunger signals and thus can help you in losing weight
Thus it can be summarized that drinking water during meals is a personal choice and doesn't really have any adverse effects. In fact, drinking moderate amounts of water when having food may actually be beneficial for you. However, if you are not comfortable with this and would prefer drinking after meals, as long as your digestive system is adjusted to it, there are no adverse effects to this as well.