Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. GeethalakshmipathyYour feedback matters!
I don't smoke. I drink once in two months maybe. I had hookah some months back and felt way too tipsy. I haven't been able to think clearly since. It's like my mind isn't active. Exercising is the option?
I'm 21 years old female. Im an epilepsy patient. I got 3-4seizures per month this was repeated for 2months. After consulting Dr, I started taking (diproex er 500) tablet. After that I didn't any seizures. I started taking drugs from the age of 9-21. Can I recover from this seizures without taking drugs? Can I get married with this problem? How can I prevent shivering in my hands, legs? My hands and legs always seem to be watery. What kind of food can I take?
I have pinched nerve in lower back should I workout in the gym? I have taken but only got 70% relief.
I have migraine I used many medicines but I did not get any solution for this problem can you please suggest me what kind of medicine is suitable for migraine any health care or any natural remedy for this solution what kind of medicine nlis suitable for migraine.
Hi doctor, Am divya 21 year old, married. I have migraine, wanted to ask you about menstruation cycle. I getting continuous bleeding. I guess may be it is due to continuous stress. Could you please suggest me, what would be reason for this and solution.
I have migraine since I was 16 years old. Whenever I'm stressed, the migraine comes back even if I take medicines. How can I stop getting stressed?
Form two to three day I have brain pain and I not sleep form two to three day and it is very pain full.
Hi, I am 32 years old and pregnant by 14 weeks. I am the patient of migraine and suffering from severe migraine for last 2 months. It gets over for a day or half after every 10-15 days but then again come back on the very next day. My gynecologist has only suggested me to have crocin advance in this condition. Can someone help me to get the medicine which can be taken while pregnancy in migraine. Also I have the case if low lying placenta and have allergic to BRUFEN salts.
I am a 56 years old female. I am feeling numbness in my right hand and also shivering. And unable to breathe properly.
I am having headache all the time, almost 3-5 days in a week, some doctors said it is migraine but some said it is genitical, now my headache becomes a very big headache in my life, let me know a solution, what should I do?
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson's disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
Brain surgeries are now much safer with advancements in medical science. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.