Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geethalakshmipathy
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. GeethalakshmipathyYour feedback matters!
My wife (78) had brain stroke on 26 - 10 2013. She was in hospital for ten days in icu and sixteen days in ward. She is paralyzed on right side from foot to face. Physiotherapy is continuing. Now she is able to recognize people to some extent but not able to speak correctly. She says' karka karke karka' but not speaks the words as we speak. Because of paralysis she is confined to bed. Not able to sit, not able to move herself any of her limb on right side. Food is boiled daal, khichri and vegetable blend boiled and ground in mixer given by spoon every three hours (from 7 am to 10 pm) during which blood pressure, pulse rate, blood oxygen and body temperature are recorded. High is control bp is controlled between 150 and 100 mm hg using carca 12.5 mg. Other medicines being given are (a) in morning shelcal 500, aterva 40, crocine pain relief, methycobal 500, each one tab and noculi 2tab, along with livipil syrup 7.5 ml, and (b) in evening crocine pain relief, methycobal 500, ecosprin 75, one tab each and noculi 2tab alongwith livipil syrup 7.5 ml. Phensidyl is sos one tsp in case high cough trouble. Tests e. G. Urine routine and culture, kft etc are as advised by doctor from time to time. I think maximum details are provided. Please suggest improvement in treatment so that she can stand, walk (with/without walker) and can carry out her daily activities with no/some support. Thanks and expect your advice.
During treatment of parkinson is it necessary to take blood pressure tablets regularly. I am a old man of 65 years suffering from diabetes and parkinson since last 5years. K B LALWANI.
I met a road accident on 11-2-2011 because of that's I got head injuries and bireckel places, now I can't leftup my left arm upwards itself. With the helps of my right hand I leftup mu hands and arm upwards, any discussion lpz? Thnx.
I suspect, my mother is suffering from drug-induced Parkinsonism. Initially, the treatment was for Panic Disorder due to me leaving for higher-studies. The medicines given were Petril, Arip different dosages at different points of time. I did come to home 3 times in between. The gap between my 3rd visit and now 4th visit is 9 months. Everything was fine for a couple of days but then she suddenly lost sleep pattern, cognitive abilities and a hunch back appearance came to place. All this happened in a span of a week and half. Please suggest whether we should continue consulting the present Psychiatrist or change to another one. Also, will a neurologist help?
I have migraine for past 5 years. Now I suffer erratic blood pressure. Sometime low sometime high. Fatigue and have spotted some facial hair growth. Please suggest.
Pain related sleep disruption has affected a large number of people around the globe. Statistics has it that, in India, about 25% of the population suffers from pain-related sleep deprivation. Studies call it ‘the vicious cycle of pain and sleep’ as pain affects your ability to sleep and lack of sleep makes the pain even worse.
Back pain and arthritis are examples of some common pain-related medical disorders. People with these types of chronic pains have reported persistent sleeplessness or have had immense trouble falling asleep.
The following are the primary sleep disorders associated with chronic pain:
- Insomnia: It is a medical condition that is characterized by an inability to fall asleep no matter how physically exhausted you are. Insomnia can be acute (lasting for one night to a week) or chronic (that lasts for more than 3 weeks).
- Hypersomnia: It is a condition wherein you tend to sleep excessively; in this condition, you will have trouble being awake throughout the day or can fall asleep at any point of time.
- Sleep Apnoea: This is a sleep disorder wherein breathing pauses and resumes repeatedly. Risk factors include obesity, age and gender; it is more commonly observed in men. This condition can be chronic with symptoms such as snoring loudly or feeling very tired even after one has had a night’s sleep.
- Restless leg syndrome: It is a sleep disorder wherein you continuously move your legs while sleeping. However, this condition can also cause you to move your legs even if you aren’t sleeping.
Some of the causes of sleep disorders due to chronic pain are:
- Worry and anxiety
- Sweating at night
- Depression and other mental disorders
A pain and sleep disorder should be simultaneous as both the components of it, pain and sleep, are interrelated. Some of the ways people with chronic pain can still have a good night’s sleep are:
- Limiting caffeine intake
- Abstaining from alcohol and smoking, as these disrupt the sleep cycles, thus aggravating the existing pain.
- Practicing meditation and other relaxation techniques
- Pain killers or sleeping pills can be administered, but only with the doctor’s advice.
- Hot water fomentation over painful area during night, for better sleep.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.