Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geetha Swamy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha SwamyYour feedback matters!
Hi, It's been four years since i am married. I'm under fertility treatment for past three years. Nothing is getting worked out. We are planning to go abroad. and continue the medication. As we are also stressed up with people around. and there is no kind of relaxation between us. Could you please suggest on this.
I want to do sex with my girl friend can I know when it is safe to do sex for girls that avoid pregnancy.
I had oral sex with my girlfriend. Her periods are now delayed which was due on 30 Jun. Is pregnancy possible in case of oral sex.
Hello sir/mam mene google pr kai jgah article padha jha pe periods ke bare me likha hua hai light pink colour peroids indicates low estrogen level. Mere periods ka colour bhi light pink hai. Kya low estrogen level concise (pragnent) hone me bhi effect krta hai? 3 years back meri ovarian cyst ka opration hua tha tho doctor ne bola tha ki sb normal hai opration ke baad. Eggs bhi kafi hai ye btaya tha. Please tell me ki ye chij koi problem toh ni hogi pragnant hone me?
Sir to maine suna hai ki agar sperm galti se vagina me chla jaye to pregnancy ke chances hote h ase to hmare bich me itna kuch nhi hua tha he put his penis into my hips and I feel very good but after some seconds I felt strange then I refuse him to do the sex so kya mujhe fir bhi test lena chhaiye kya or kya isme period late bhi aate h kya.
Many women experience unusual vaginal bleeding between periods at some point in their lives. It is also known as metrorrhagia. Vaginal bleeding is thought to be abnormal in the following cases:
- When your menstrual period is not expected
- When your menstrual flow is lighter or heavier than normal
- At unexpected stages in life. For example, when you are pregnant or after you have attained menopause.
PCOD does not cause Thyroid dysfunction. Thyroid dysfunction may cause dysfunctional bleeding or it may be an associated condition with PCOD.
Bleeding during periods is not a normal condition. Usually, the duration of the cycle is about 21 – 35 days. Abnormal vaginal bleeding has numerous conceivable causes. Independently, it doesn't show a genuine condition.
- Mid-cycle bleeding can be caused due to ovulation.
- Two hormones that regulate the menstrual cycle are progesterone or oestrogen. A condition of hormonal imbalance which is known as Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOs) causes interference with normal ovulation. This results in problems in thyroid glands as well as causes dysfunctional ovaries.
- Medications such as birth control pills are capable of causing abnormal bleeding, especially with the irregular intake of such medications.
- Infections or inflammation caused in the pelvic regions such as uterus, vagina, cervix, ovaries or fallopian tubes are capable of causing abnormal bleeding. STIs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) and PIDs (Pelvic inflammatory disease) are often the cause of such a condition.
- Although Cancer is not one of the primary causes, cancer in organs such as the uterus, vagina, cervix and ovaries are capable of causing abnormal bleeding during periods.
How it can prevented
- Maintaining a healthy diet. Women who are either underweight or overweight tend to have more problems with abnormal bleeding
- Relaxation practices should be followed so that stress is reduced. Stress can cause abnormal bleeding.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) should be consumed to reduce menstrual bleeding. Examples are ibuprofen or naproxen.
- In case of consumption, birth control pills should be taken as per the prescription only and regularly at the same time.
- Hormone therapy (using external hormones in a medical treatment) can be used in order to regulate menstrual cycles, stabilize the endometrium which is the lining of the uterus as well as to rectify hormonal imbalances.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!