Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha SurendrajYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from few days to pain in my shoulder bones. I want to consult with a doctor. Please suggest me a doctor in my locality or medicine to get relief.
HI, my age is 26 male as 3 Months back I showed to doctor he said I am having HITUS HERNIA endoscopy done at that time. Please suggest me measures and control to avoid surgery.
Dr. Sahab, viral fever ke baad jodo me dard nahin ja raha. Fever nahin hai. Joints ka Dard 7 din se chal raha hai. Medicin bhee chal rahi hai. Relive nahin mil raha. Koi ayurvedic medicine batain. Please.
Met with an accident 8 days ago and got 2 hairline fractures at pelvis area .i am advised to keep my leg straight and not move but I feel terrible pain by keeping my leg straight and not moving it. Can I at least fold my legs till my knees? Or move them hourly a little? And I have a habit of sleeping upside down I mean on my stomach. My back aches so can I with help of someone be upside down for some time?
Hii. I have bucket handle tear in medial meniscus. As in mri scan doctor told it is totally teared and need to go for surgery. Is there any way to avoid surgery?
Hernia or what in Ayurveda is known as Antra Vriddhi, is a condition that takes place when an internal organ in your abdomen gets displaced and protrudes outward, giving rise to swelling in the abdominal region.
Even though you can develop a hernia anywhere in your body, it mostly occurs in the abdominal region and can affect both men and women at any age.
The causes of hernia are:
Even though hernia can be a hereditary condition, certain factors can contribute in causing it. These are:
- Persistent coughing
- Putting excess pressure while passing faeces
- Straining your abdominal muscles by exercising or lifting objects that are heavy
- Buildup of fluid in your abdominal cavity
Some of the symptoms that indicate you have hernia include a visible, hard protrusion, development of soft lumps and pain. However, some people may not experience any symptoms at all. Hernia can be of many types, depending on the part of the body affected and even varying on the basis of your gender. In worst cases, you may require surgery but Ayurveda can cure your hernia completely without the need of you going through a surgical process.
How does Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda helps in curing your hernia by focussing on your diet. If you follow these rules, you can cure yourself of hernia completely.
- Reduce the amount of food you eat in a day and take small meals frequently instead of the standard three meals.
- While eating, make sure you eat your food slowly.
- Drink lots of water and other fluids, but do not consume aerated drinks
- It is advised not to take water with your meals, but only to drink a glass of water only half an hour before each meal. By doing this, you reduce your chances of getting heartburn and aid in the proper functioning of the digestive system.
- Eating any form of raw food, such as uncooked meat and vegetables is strictly forbidden along with processed foods such as bread, cakes, cookies etc. However, when eating cooked food, make sure it's lightly cooked and not overcooked.
- Having a glass of juice freshly squeezed from vegetables or fruits is recommended, especially carrot juice as it is enriched with calcium and vitamin A that help in the healing process.
- Make sure that whole grains, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits are a part of your diet.
- Lastly, go for a walk before and do not sleep after eating, especially if you've had a heavy meal.
Herbs for Healing Hernia-
An integral part of natural cures is herbal remedies and herbs are excellent cures that are effective and devoid of side effects when taken with proper consultations of an herbalist. To heal hernia one can take herbs like fennel seeds, sheep sorrel, slippery elm, Licorice root and black walnuts.
A majority of these herbs can be consumed in the form of herbal teas while others are available in the form of supplements and capsules. Herbs like fennel can be consumed as it is since it is highly beneficial in enhancing the digestion. Licorice root is very good for neutralizing the acid formation and slippery elm helps in easing the discomfort and pain in the abdomen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I had an injury on my leg last month. The pain in my leg lasts two weeks. Now there was a small bump like something is formed on my leg but there is no pain.
I have a problem in my hip. Right side hip side I see some type of blood clot there. I do ultrasound they tell me that is a blood collection in right gluteal region. So what should I do now.
I am feeling sever pain in my left leg muscle since 4.5 days due to a morning run. Which I done 5 days before.
My name is Ms. Anima Ray. I am 44 years old. My main problem is joint pain. please solve my problem.
Mosquitoes, though tiny, can wreak havoc on the human health. Malaria and dengue were common enough, but now another disease doing the rounds is chikungunya. This is a viral disease that spreads by the bites of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. The disease lasts for 5 to 7 days. Also, even though the weather is changing, it is still prevalent and as on November 18, 878 cases have been reported in Delhi itself.
Symptoms of chikungunya are very non-indicative and include high temperature, rashes and multiple spots on the body, multiple joint pains, headaches, conjunctivitis and insomnia. The presence of joint pains associated with a high incidence of mosquito breeding is indicative of chikungunya. The fever usually subsides in a couple of days, but the other symptoms would persist for about a week.
Management of chikungunya includes a combination of prevention and treatment. Prevention is more important than treatment as it is easier done.
- To the maximum extent possible, avoid mosquito bites.
- Avoid using rainwater-filled containers, potted plants that stagnate water and drinking bowls for domestic animals.
- Wear full-sleeved clothing when mosquito bites are likely to be higher.
- Use mosquito repellents in the forms of coils, creams, and mats
- Use mosquito nets where possible
- Prevent mosquito breeding by draining possible areas of water stagnation
Treatment: There is no specific allopathic remedy for the treatment of chikungunya. The prescribed medicines are only for symptomatic relief, and given the intense and prolonged joint pains, the patient ends up using a lot of painkillers. There are cases where the pains may persist for up to 6 months. This is where Ayurveda comes into the picture, as there are multiple effective remedies that have been proven effective over the ages.
- Massage your joints with a mixture of castor oil, drumstick, camphor, garlic, and coconut oil. This oil can be heated and stored in a glass jar for about 3 days. Warm this oil and use it for effective relief of the joint pains.
- A mixture of castor oil and cinnamon can also be used to massage the painful joints.
- A concoction of ajwain seeds, raisins or dry grapes, tulsi leaves, and neem leaves boiled in water is an effective remedy for the joint pains. This is to be used when it is warm after food and the residual ingredients chewed upon.
- A diet rich in fresh fruits, greens and vegetables is recommended.
- Drinking sufficient amounts of liquids (water, coconut water, lime juice, and buttermilk) to keep good hydration levels and recuperate from the illness.
- Ensure sufficient rest for the joints even after the initial fever has subsided.
Ayurveda has references to something called “sandhijwara” which is “fever of the joints”. Sandhijwara is very similar to chikungunya and these remedies used for this can be very useful in treating chikungunya.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!