Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geetha Ragunath
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha RagunathYour feedback matters!
All you need to know about Cystic acne
Cystic acne is a dermatological condition in which the skin pores get blocked causing infection and inflammation. Over secretion of sebum creates an optimal environment for the bacteria trapped in the pores to thrive; and the bacterium, Propionibacterium acnes is responsible for this condition.
This form of acne occurs when the infection occurs deep within the skin causing a painful, swollen, red bump filled with pus. It usually takes place during teens or the late 20's. An estimated, 80% of the people suffer from cystic acne between 11 and 30 years of age.
The primary reasons for cystic acne are:
- Hormonal changes pertaining to puberty, menstruation, pregnancy or birth control
- Greasy cosmetics, lotions, and soaps that cause allergy can also lead to this form of acne
- An inherited tendency for acne can also be a likely cause
Cystic acne tends to produce inflammatory cysts and nodules, which are visible and painful. In addition, they pose the danger of causing visible scarring and shallow depressions on the face.
Usual medicines, which are used to treat mild acne, have little effect on cystic acne, what you must do in this case:
- Use of oral antibiotics, which helps to keep the bacteria in check and also reduce inflammation
- Birth control pills are often effective treatment for regulating hormones in women
Some of the preventative measures would be:
- Not touching the cysts is advisable as it can lead the infection to spread
- Relaxation and adequate sleep are also recommended as stress causes the body to release more hormones which can worsen the condition
- Some studies indicate diet low in sugar also help to reduce the condition
Related Tip: 5 Hidden Causes of Acne, Revealed!
I have a pimple filling with blood coming again and again under knee, on bumps I had take antibiotics mahacef and novaclox tabs. But again it is coming please consult me good medicine.
Hello mam, karib 10 years sai acne sai pareshaan hu but ab acne toh band ho gye and abhi unke nishaan (acne pinch krne sai gaddhe ho gye) please koi loation ya cream suggest kre jo gaddhe chale jaye medicine krtai kartai thak gya hu.
I am 4 months pregnant. Pls suggest some foods for both me and my baby. How do I take care of my skin and hair even after birth of the child.Please tell.
I had a huge pimple on my face just beside my nose. Although I got rid of it 2 months back but it left behind a big dark spot at that portion. So I started using various dark spot reducing face washes and mens' cream but nothing seems to be working for me. The spot looks really ugly on me. What should I do? please help.
Hi doctor, I am having some black spots due to pimples. Is it good to use triglow cream. Also suggest any good cream for improve the complexion. I have oily skin.
Any insect bit me in my leg soo there will be all right but there is one dark circle is now so I want to erase it.
Hello, my name is Kishore limboo, lam 30 years old men, last 10 to 12 months, lam suffering many face problems like, acne pimple, pigmentation all over my face, when l saw my face on mirror it's became dark, please suggest me how can I remove it from my face please help me, thank u,
I have acne problem all over my back and chest. This problem is persisting since many years now. It persists irrespective of weather but on summers due to heat it increases. My confidence level has become very low on this account. Can you help me?
I want to know a solution for friends problem. He is suffering from severe hair loss from last 3 years so can you please suggest some suggestions for this problem.
HOW To remove wrinkles from face. Please help me I have lot of wrinkles in my face but I have never tried any cream or anything else.
I am suffering from oil face. And I need a glow in my face So if you can help for this problem for me.
Can we use Altris gel on coloured hair, and can we simultaneously use gel and dye our hair to cover the grey hai?
I am using calcium and multivitamin tablets since 20 day's after using tables on my forehead small small pimples type are coming is it any side effect, and how I control it given solution.
Lybrate | Dr. Gour Gopal Ghosh speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Here are top 6 foods to combat it and give complete nourishment for lustrous hair.
1) Eggs: Hair is pure proteins made up of keratin. Hence to maintain good hair health and growth, proteins are one of the most essential nutrients. Besides proteins, eggs also contain iron, vitamin B12, zinc, sulphur, vitamin A which are also crucial for good hair growth. They also contain biotin which helps fight hair loss problem.
2) Fish: Known for its high protein and omega 3 fatty acids can helps in a great way to allow hair growth. Omega 3 fatty acids found in this fish are the true super stars as they are found in cell membranes of your scalp and in the natural oils which keep your scalp healthy and hair hydrated. Since they cannot be produced in the body, they need to be obtained by food.
3) Walnuts: Apart from good amount of omega 3 fatty acids, walnuts also contain vitamin E which protects the cells in the scalp from damage by toxins thereby reducing hair fall and helping the cells to support healthy hair growth. Walnuts also contain copper which allow the hair to maintain its natural color and luster.
4) Carrots: They are rich in vitamin A which is necessary to maintain the integrity and health of the scalp cells and also act as an antioxidant to prevent hair damage. Deficiency of vitamin A can cause hair loss and thinning. Hence it makes good sense to add vitamin a rich foods to the diet to help your tresses grow beautifully.
5) Sunflower seeds: They are a great combination of hair promoting nutrients like omega 3 fatty acids, iron, zinc, selenium, vitamin E which not only prevent hair fall but stimulate the hair cells to grow new and healthy hair by providing nourishment and protection from toxins.
6) Legumes: Apart from being loaded with protein, zinc, B- complex vitamins etc, legumes are also a great source of sulphur which is known as nature?s beauty mineral. Sulphur is found abundantly in hair cells, it helps to circulate blood well and also metabolize some B vitamins helping the hair cells to produce string healthy hair.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.