Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geetha Prasad
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha PrasadYour feedback matters!
Over-the -counter drugs are not for all even if the problem is common, as there are certain conditions which hinder the proper functioning of the medicine in a person. Thus, before popping a pill we should always consult a trained practitioner. Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation are some of the health and sex related problems that can lead to the use of Viagra. This drug was released at the end of the 90s, and it seeks to help people who primarily suffer from impotence. These problems can be caused due to psychological problems like stress and anxiety, as well as other physical reasons including heart disease, diabetes,high blood pressure and other such chronic ailments. Yet there are many instances where this drug does not work. Let us find out more about the causes for the same.
- Heart Conditions: To begin with, Viagra cannot be ingested by anyone and everyone. If you are a patient of any kind of cardiovascular diseases and have been prescribed drugs that contain nitrate, then Viagra is not for you. This drug can hinder the work of the medicine and cause some serious side effects, which may make your chronic ailment even more problematic and severe.
- Side Effects: Viagra tends to have a lot of side effects for people and does not work efficiently in such cases. One of the most prominent side effects includes prolonged and persistent headache or change in blood pressure which can be serious. Also, the patients may suffer from temporary colour blindness and may not be able to tell colours like yellow and orange apart.
- Narrowing or blockades of Blood Vessels: When a man gets an erection, the blood usually flows at a rapid rate into the penis so that the Penis increases in terms of size, thickness and length, with subtle changes in the colour as well. This happens through the blood vessels where the blood flows in from. These are known as in and out vessels. If these vessels happen to be too narrow or block for a patient, then the erection will not be able manifest. This is also one of the primary reasons why Viagra does not work for some people.
- Arteries: One of the other reasons why Viagra may not work is the arteries. If the arteries are too narrow or blocked then they will not be able to support the flow of blood for the erection to happen. This can cause problems in achieving and maintaining an erection, in which case Viagra cannot work properly.
- Drug Intolerance: The primary work of Viagra is to help the blood vessels in relaxing. Yet, it is possible that the patient may develop some amount of intolerance towards the drug that will end up restricting its action.
There are many instances when a drug like Viagra may not work. In such cases, you can turn to long term therapy or ask your doctor about any alternative medication for the condition. Remember drugs like Viagra cannot bring in an erection. It justhelps to enhance the flow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My wife has taken a mifestone pill (mankind) yesterday night but till today afternoon (15hrs) had no bleeding, what is the reason and when should the remaining tablets needs to be taken. Also she is complaining of uneasiness. We had the ultrasound done. Please help!
Hello sir. Me and my girl Friend played oral sex. Unexpectedly sperm gone inside her. Is it harmful or any chance for pregnancy?
Hi, Now I am 25 week pregnant. I went u/s scan in that placenta is breech presentation. If the placenta is like that anything worry about that. Could you please reply about breech position. Placenta is upper segment grade 2 maturity. Pls answer.
I'm from India. I'm 9 months pregnant, can I eat cheese made from buffalo milk? Some says I can and some says I can't, please give some clear reply.
I am 24 years old married woman, married since 2 months. I went through a lot of ultrasounds last month. And finally being diagnosed with hemorrhagic cysts and pcod. I have been asked to take NOVELON tablet for 2 months. My main concern is pregnancy. I want to conceive. Will I be able to conceive once I am off this tablet. Will this cause any weight gain.
Hello doctor, I have slight burning sensation after doing intercourse and also I have sometime white thick vaginal discharge. Please advice me that how can I cure this problem.
Hi I am 30 year old and married just 6 month completed but still my wife is not getting pregnant so I am confused actually I have an doubt on me I have lot of bad habits past 10 year like smoking drinking tobacco so what to do in this situation please suggest me right way ?
Essential tremors refer to a neurological disorder that causes uncontrollable shaking of the hands, arms, head and other parts of the body. The lower part of the body is rarely affected by this disorder. Also, both sides of the body may not be affected in the same way. This disorder does not usually need treatment unless it is severe enough to impede daily functioning and make the person dependant on others. However, patients suffering from this condition may often find it difficult to complete simple tasks like buttoning a shirt or writing.
Some of the symptoms of this disorder are:
- Brief spells of uncontrollable shaking
- Involuntary nodding of the head
- Tremors that worsen under stress
- Unsteady voice
- Internal tremors
- Difficulty coordinating voluntary movements such as walking
- Balance problems in rare, severe cases
Essential tremors also affect the psychological make-up of a person. Depression and anxiety are often associated with essential tremors. The frustration of not being able to control tremors may also make a person withdraw from friends and family. People suffering from essential tremors also have a higher than normal risk of suffering from conditions such as Parkinson’s.
The exact cause of this disorder is not yet known and hence it cannot be prevented. Genetic mutations have been credited with causing this condition is many cases but the gene responsible for it has not yet been identified. Thus, essential tremors can be passed down from parent to child. However, the severity of the tremors and the age at which symptoms first become visible may vary. While some people show signs of tremors in their early teen years, others develop tremors only in their late 40s.
These tremors can also be caused by abnormal electrical activity in the thalamus. The thalamus controls and coordinates muscle activity. Tremors caused by old age or those caused by excessive consumption of alcohol, emotional distress etc are not categorised as essential tremors. However, ageing may make essential tremors more frequent and pronounced.
Blood, urine and other lab tests do not help in diagnosing this condition. A diagnosis is usually made on the basis of an understanding of the family medical history, a physical examination and complete neurological exam. In order to rule out other triggers for the tremors, a doctor may ask for thyroid tests. At present this condition cannot be cured but medication may help reduce the symptoms and improve the patient’s quality of life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!