Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha PrasadYour feedback matters!
Iron is definitely one of the most important ingredients and nutrients that we require. Most of the health problems in the world are caused due to iron deficiency, including low immunity and anaemia, among many others. The lack of iron can lead to a variety of development delays and can also affect the haemoglobin levels in the blood which gives rise to symptoms like dizzy spells and fatigue.
So what are the underrated facts about iron that we need to know? Read on to know more!
- Transport of Oxygen: Iron is credited with the transport of oxygen within the human body. It is a well known fact that all the cells, atoms and tissues in our body need oxygen, in order to grow and maintain livelihood. The red blood cells in our body are a good source of this oxygen as they contain an iron rich protein called haemoglobin. This element is what takes the oxygen which is later released in a more targeted manner. While two grams of oxygen can exist in the cells at any given point, this supply can diminish if the dietary iron intake reduces which can lead to a condition called anaemia.
- Production of Energy: Iron is also an element that helps in the metabolism, which has great implications for the various organs and muscles of the human body. The cells of our body are known to burn these calories in the diet so as to create energy which activates these organs. If the iron resources become low in these cells, then the process does not take place in a proper manner, which can lead to symptoms like fatigue before the organ functionality gets compromised.
- Iron Rich Food: The kind of foods and materials contain iron include legumes, lentils, fish, tofu, seafood, pork, soybeans, liver, green vegetables like spinach and ladies fingers, raisins, strawberries, and other fortified food like cereals. It is a well known fact that plant foods tend to contain lower levels of iron as compared to animal foods like red meat. Also, there are many spices that are rich in iron including cumin and cardamom, which can be used on a daily basis to pepper your salads and stir fry preparations.
- Cooking and Storage: Iron usually gets sucked out of food when the food is cooked for long or processed and packaged under highly intense condition or with excessive salt additives. Also, when you cook plant sources too much, then the iron can escape by way of the water that it leaves, which evaporates.
Find out a good way to bring iron into your diet, but remember that too much of iron can also lead to toxicity.
Hi, I have pcod and im not getting my regular periods. So much of white discharge. Im feeling too low. Im getting so much of back pain and needs pain. Pls help.
My marriage done before two months. After married myself continuous trying for intercourse but not get success problem as per below. Penis not insert in vagina When I start for intercourse wife painful in vagina same reason not done sex properly What can I do?
I am suffering from varginal discharge. And its flow will increase after intercouse. Its is very irritating to feel wet very time. Dischage is of yellowish in colour. Its very smelly. It is increasing day by day. Please tell me what is the issue. I also consult with Dr. They can't specify me what is the issue. Please help.
I m not having my periods since 1 month. Bt thick white liquid discharge is coming n due to which I m having lot of pain in my lower back. Knee joints. Very exhausted, am I having some kind of cancer.
I got intimate with my girlfriend without any protection 3days before her period. Is there any chances to be pregnant? Please inform me quick.
I didn't get periods from last 2 months, I checked home pregnancy test post 20 days of my period it shows negatively for 3 times, I want to know is there any chance of pregnancy? Am I pregnant or not?
My wife is having an problem of white discharge from the age of 15. And she is having a usually problem of back pain, and tired ness. Please reply about the treatment. And is this type of discharge dangerous?
Does daily meditation practice lead to feelings of well-being, or are people who already have a sense of well-being more likely to practice meditation? Researchers in the Netherlands, have conducted an study based on this question.
During a Meditation program for patients, they measured daily feelings, both negative and positive, among 83 subjects chosen from the general population. They found that daily mindfulness practice led to feelings of well-being, enhancing positive emotions, and lowering negative ones—rather than the other way around. The findings pointed in an optimistic direction: Practicing mindfulness on a daily basis can improve daily psychological well-being.
There are many reputed medical centers in America which employ meditation practice to help patients of various chronic diseases like cancer, heart disease as well as diabetes.
Developing a daily meditation practice is not that difficult, if you decide to start with just 5 minutes.
A beginners practice - Sit quietly and gently focus on breathing. Keep your eyes closed and gather your focus from surrounding and watch the breathing process with your mental eyes. Keep watching the gentle and deep breathing, the movement of chest and abdomen during inspiration and expiration. If thoughts come, do not fight them, judge them or push them. Just gently bring back the attention to breathing and keep watching. After 5 minutes of watching breathing, open your eyes. That's it! Meditation is done.
Indian women are taught to follow rituals in a fanatic way by religion. They have to flexible all time in all situations according to the need of a family.
Many women are taking pills to alter the duration of menstrual cycle to attend or participate in yagya, poojapath, vidhis etc
Some girls taking pills take pills before planning sexual relations or before traveling etc
Now the question is what's wrong in taking few pills.
Menstrual cycle is regularised by a correct balance between some hormones (estrogen, progesterone, fsh, lh, tsh etc). These pills disturb these exact balance in females. When I say balance, this balance is like a house of cards, you are moving one card only but affecting other cards without touching them. This same can happen in your body after playing with menses.
Dub (dysfunctional uterine bleeding)
Ovarian disorders etc
Above diseases may target who takes or have to take pills to alter the duration of menses.
My request to feminine world is saying no to all hormonal pills
No occasion is bigger than your health. God has sent you on earth as woman only.
A menstruating woman is not allowed in rituals procedure because during this time female are weak and in pain so one can not concentrate.
I am 41 years old. Recently had hysterectomy and since more than 4 months I had continuous vaginal itching with bad odour and it get worsens at night. I am also having diabetes. So I want to know the reason of this itching .
Trying to conceive since 3 years. And went to PGI. Dr. did test and found 2 polyp. Said will do hysteroscopy polypectomy .should I go for it? Is it any risk also? This procedure can do any time or just after periods? Stomach should be empty?
I am female 24, married since last 9 months. I had medicine for irregular periods and now I m having hair growth on my upper lips and chin. Now I am also having medicines for getting pregnancy. Pls guide what should do. Pls help with proper guidance.
I am a 20 year old female, sexually active and I am 2 days late on my periods. I have thick white odorless vaginal discharge and a lot of gas. I took a pregnancy test which was negative, could I still be pregnant?
Period hua 28 th March Ovulaion date 10th April 9th April & 11th, April sex krne se pregnency possible hain? Ovulaion date se fatilise phase kite din tk hoti Hain?
Hi sir I am 30 year old. I have sex with call girl 2 month ago. It was secure sex with goverment condom. But fear in my mind about hiv and std. I am in depretion.
My age is 22 years actually I went through abortion before 2 weeks as fetus was expired for 5 months so when can we plan for pregnancy again.
Top 10 tips for you to celebrate, stay safe and stay healthy this Diwali.
1. Sweets are hard to resist and during Diwali, when there is plenty of colorful sweets everywhere, it becomes even harder to resist. Remember the fact that Indians are genetically prone to diabetes and so it is always advisable to keep the intake of sugar and starch minimal.
2. Stay away from sweets that use
chemical preservatives , because the intake of such preservatives can cause damage to our kidneys and liver . It can also cause asthma attacks and cancer.
3. Avoid sweets that have ‘silver’ coating . Such foils are often
adulterated by aluminum and aluminum being a hazardous metal can accumulate in our body tissues and can also enter the brain.
4. In times of increasing air and noise pollution that we are witnessing today, it is important that we be responsible while using firecrackers. It is good to buy as little firecrackers as possible, because that can help us spend less and can also stop us from polluting our environment.
5. While using firecrackers we are definitely faced with the risk of burn injuries and so a few precautions are necessary. Always wear slippers during your fun time with firecrackers and never try to do anything to a firecracker apart from lighting it from a safe distance. Kids should be allowed to burn firecrackers only under adult supervision.
6. Do not light firecrackers in crowded areas or on the roadsides, because that might prove to be dangerous for bystanders and the general public.
7. Wear earplugs while exposed to explosive firecrackers. It might sound a bit fancy, but if we ignore it the excessive noise might damage our ears in the long run.
8. It is better to say ‘No’ to alcohol, as any excess is easily possible on this day of celebration. You can avoid a hangover and also the risk of driving while intoxicated if you must drive your car and visit your friends and family.
9. Diwali is a festival that brings a lot of gifts to people, so use the occasion to choose sensible gifts for family and friends. Try gifting fruits or low calorie sweets and snacks instead of ghee-laden sweets.
10. Diwali is also the festival of joy so
make it special especially if there has been any unpleasantness with your family or friends in your past. Shed all your inhibitions and misgivings and make a fresh start. Wish them a ‘Happy Diwali’ and embrace them in joy.
Make your Diwali special for yourself, your family and your friends.