Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geetha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GeethaYour feedback matters!
My partner have a doubt that she is pregnant. She is waiting for her periods. If by chance she gets pregnant. How can we prevent it?
Jumping at the sight of a cockroach is normal, but some people won't even step into the room if they see one. Such people are said to suffer from a phobia of cockroaches. A phobia can be defined as the irrational fear of an object or situation, though it may not pose any real danger. A phobia often develops during childhood and gets aggravated as the person gets older.
Hypnotherapy has proven to be an effective form of treatment for phobias and fear. Hypnosis identifies the root cause or event that is the underlying cause of the phobia. A Hypnotherapist then attempts to change the person's reaction to the phobia trigger.
Some common phobias Hypnotherapists deal with are:
- Fear of heights
- Fear of insects and small animals
- Fear of flying
- Fear of technology
To do this a Hypnotherapist must ensure that the mind of the person is in a calm and relax state. This is because the root cause of a phobia is often a repressed memory. Thus, it can be accessed only when a person is in a state of heightened relaxation or trance. In this state, the mind is very receptive to suggestions. Once the memory has been addressed, it can be brought back to the conscious awareness. Addressing this conscious memory allows the therapist to make the patient feel less threatened by this trigger. The patient can then begin to form new thoughts and responses to the object or situation. This process is also known as Hypnotic regression.
A person normally needs 3-4 sessions of Hypnotherapy to be rid of a phobia. However, the number of sessions required varies from person to person and it may take additional sessions to cure a chronic phobia.
No. of sessions required depends on a number of factors such as:
- How long the person has had the said phobia
- His personality
- How severely his life is affected by the phobia
- How determined he is to free himself of the phobia
When you decide to work with a Hypnotherapist to get rid of your phobias, it is essential that you make the right choice in terms of the Hypnotherapist. You should ensure that you are being treated by a licensed professional Hypnotherapist. Also, make sure that you can trust the person and are comfortable in his or her presence. Take your time finding someone who you can open yourself up to and get started on conquering your fears.
Sir after yesterday intercourse between me and my wife, my wife got bleeding due to rupture of hymen. So what should we do now? please tell in details.
Doctor prescribed krimson 35, metmorfin and folvite for pcod. Advised me to take krimson from 5th day only. I was on the pill from november and may be the november interval was for 8 days instead of 7 day. Since period started after 4 days of finishing the pack. Did not miss any of the pill either november or december and I took the pill after dinner usually from 9-11 (never exactly on time, but within time frame). December pill pack ended on 24th december and had unprotected sex activity on 25th noon, where partner rubs his genitals on my butt but no penetration (either anal or vaginal) no ejaculation was done also strict. But since in a guys precum there are 1000 of sperms (though he went to toilet before the act) and if it manage to swim from back to vagina will their be any egg to fertilize? Since November-December time gap was 8 days instead of 7, will 1 day gap triggers ovulation? There was a full 5-6 day bleeding after completing December pill pack from 28th dec to 2nd january. Is it withdrawal bleeding on pill? Or a bleeding on pregnancy can last for 5 days? After how many days of regular use pill started to work effectively. I had some antibiotics for skin which was given after considering pcod treatment. Nevertheless will it reduce the effectiveness of the pill. Earlier my cycle was 48-50 days which came to nearly 28 days from november. Will 1 day gap on nov-dec interval leads to ovulation when earlier cycle was that much long? My pill pack of jan got over on this Saturday 21st January. If I got period this time will it be a sure indicator m not pregnant? Do timing is important for combined pill? Is the pill to be continued from 5th day of periods or will we have to start after 7 days. If we had bleeding at proper time on pill and their was normal bleeding it means the pill have worked? My Dr. only tld me to tke the pill after dinner and from 5th day. But does the pill have protect me? Does the pill give proper protection after 7 days or we ve to complete a total course? Or does rubbing on the back and not having Intercourse leads to pregnancy even if their was precum and no ejaculations?
I had sexs for 6 days and in between tht I even took I-pill and suddenly aftr 7th day I started bleeding n got my periods before date n it's not stopping now. Today it's 12th day. When will my periods stop? Will it cause any harm to my body?
- Dieting could force your Brain to eat itself.
- Be away from fat Diets.
- Eat Balanced diet & Stay Fit.
Laparoscopic surgery is also known as minimally invasive surgery. It leads to a lesser amount of pain after the surgery, and therefore requires less medication also. It reduces the possibility of hemorrhage, thereby, lowering the possibility of requiring blood transfusion. The smaller length and depth of the incision also means that the patient recovers from the surgery faster than usual. There is also a lesser chance of contracting infections because a larger number of organs remain unexposed and therefore uncontaminated. Laparoscopic surgeries also cause smaller, lighter scars once the surgery wound heals completely.
However, as with any surgery, complications may occur during the course of laparoscopic surgery.
- Wound infection: Even though laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive and the possibility of contracting infections is considerably less, the wound is capable of getting infected. Hence, it is essential to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene recommendations provided by the concerned medical staff. It is also assumed that the surgeons would prevent this possibility by maintaining strict protocols regarding this issue on their part.
- Bruising: After surgery, depending on the type and duration of the procedure, the patient is always advised to follow certain restrictions regarding mobility and restriction of normal day to day functioning. These rules must be followed in order to prevent the possibility of bruising after a laparoscopic surgery.
- Hematoma formation: A hematoma is an accumulation of blood outside the blood vessel. This is not normal at all and requires urgent inspection and treatment. This is a relatively common complication that happens after a laparoscopic surgical procedure. Precautions are taken by surgeons to avoid this but it may still occur. It needs to be diagnosed early, and then the bleeding vessel needs to be emobilized selectively in order to reduce any further complication of this type.
- Anesthesia related complications: To prevent anesthesia related complications during laparoscopic surgery, it is essential that procedures related to the airways, ventilation, analgesia, antimetics are followed in the preoperative state.
- Injury: Any injury that may be inflicted on the blood vessels present in the walls of the abdomen or on the sidewall in the pelvic region, as well as injuries in the bowel area and the urinary tract. Proper protocol must be followed by the doctor to avoid such complications as much as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.