Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GeethaYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old unmarried girl. I want to ask you about what actual diet chart you would suggest for me to have proper look at this age. I want to know please help me to have good health even I am little bit fatty you can say fluffy not much but I am much active to do works. By god grace early i'm not tired. Mostly I love to eat rice every time and please guide me to have proper diet at this age. I am waiting for your suggestions. Wish you have blessed day ahead. God bless you.
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy.
For the past centuries, people have been using herbs for enhancing their libido and for enhancing their performance. Herbs are totally natural and cause no side effects and rejuvenate your body from within. Natural herbs are any day a better remedy for enhancing your sex life than artificial or chemical enhancers.
Here is a list of herbs, which help you with boosting your sex drive and improve your sex life:
- Cinnamon: This herb is being used as a love potion since Medieval times and is still in use. This herb is effective in warming, provides mild stimulation and improves the circulation of blood, which enhances your erection.
- Damiana: This herb is used in case of frigidity, erectile dysfunction, for treating premature ejaculation and testicular atrophy. The herb also provides relief to anxiety and increases the sensitivity of the nerves.
- Ginkgo: This effective herb helps in relaxation of blood vessels for better delivery of nutrients throughout the body. It improves vascular insufficiency and enables better blood flow to the penis, providing better erection.
- Maca: This herb enhances your energy and pumps you up for action. It also provides nutrition and rejuvenates the pituitary functioning. The body’s hormone production rate is enhanced. The herb is also used as a vaginal lubricant.
- Ginseng: Ginseng is another energy enhancing herb. It also boosts your stamina and provides a more intense adrenaline rush.
- Muira puama: This herb is of South American origin and is referred to as the potency wood. It enhances virility and enhances sexual debility. The herb also acts as an aphrodisiac.
- Oatstraw: This herb works as a nutrition provider and as a relaxant. It accounts for improving your sexual ability and performance in bed. The herb increases your libido and helps in cases of impotency. The nervous system is also nourished, which makes couples extra sensitive during sex.
- Schizandra: This herb accounts for increasing the lasting power for men during sex. It also cures depression and sexual debility.
- Tribulus terrestris: The function of this herb is to cure erectile dysfunction and cases of low sperm count. The sperm count is increased after having this herb.
- Vanilla: The herb's name is derived from a Latin word which means little vagina. The vanilla herb is an extremely effective sexual stimulation and helps in enhancing your overall sexual drive or longing to a great extent. This herb can be used in cooking food.
Herbs are the best choice of natural sexual enhancers and if you take the correct herb, you are sure to get effective results.
I am 24 yrs old m engaged I got my period on 20 march n last for 3-4 days but in april I got in 28th only for half a day m jus worried we had a safe sex I did a preg test it was negative can you please help me out.
Hello I am 23 years old. I am single. I always get my periods one week before the previous date. Why it happens with me? it should be 2-3 days before but it is not so tell me what should I do?
I had intercourse with my husband after that immediately I had ipill as we r not planning child now. But than also I am not getting my period now pls prescribe some medicine to get periods as early as possible.
I want to know. During pregnancy of 9 months. Kitne time tak husband wife's intercourse nhi kar sakti. .or securely kab kr skte he?
Colposcopy is a procedure that is used to get a closer view of a women’s cervix, vagina and vulva. It is a procedure carried on to detect the presence of any abnormal cells on the cervix and nearby areas.
Why is Colposcopy done?
This procedure is carried out to see the problems in the vagina and cervix which may otherwise be not visible with a naked eye. A colposcopy is done when the Pap test results are abnormal. These abnormalities could be due to several reasons like viral infections namely human papillomavirus (HPV) infection or any other fungal (yeast), bacterial or protozoan (Trichomonas) infection. Atrophic vaginitis or natural cervical changes due to menopause can also lead to abnormal Pap test results. However one needs to be careful because these untreated cervical cell changes that lead to abnormal Pap tests can at times develop into precancerous or cancerous changes.
In case during colposcopy, an abnormal tissue is found in the problem areas, the doctor will remove a tiny sample of it and send it to the lab. This is normally known as a biopsy or cervical biopsy which is done from inside the opening of the cervix or endocervical canal.
Procedure for a colposcopy and biopsy
A colposcopy is normally a pain free procedure where at times some women might feel a slight tingling or burning sensation when the solution is applied. Biopsy might lead to a little discomfort like that of a sharp pinch or a menstrual cramp. During colposcopy a speculum or a small instrument is inserted into the vagina to spread apart the vaginal walls. In order to see the area more clearly the doctor dabs the cervix or vagina with a cotton swab dipped in vinegar (acetic acid) or Iodine (Lugol's solution). The solution is used to remove any kind of mucus and also makes the abnormal cells turn white in order to be clearly visible.
The doctor then uses a colposcope, a light magnifying device that looks like binoculars and has a bright light mounted to it. It also has a camera attached to it to take the videos or pictures of the cervix and vagina.
Biopsies are normally done by scraping away abnormal cells with a small brush or a small curette.
Results of colposcopy or cervical Biopsy
In case of Normal results the vinegar or iodine will not show the presence of any abnormal cells and the vagina and cervix look normal. But in case of abnormal results, there are abnormal tissues seen in the problem areas. It could also be a sore or a genital wart or infection in and around the vagina. The biopsy report would clarify whether it is cervical cancer or is likely to develop. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
My wife is pregnant 32 weeks. FBS - 97 mg/dl, PPBS after 2hrs 75 gm glucose loading - 186 mg/dl, PPBS after 2hrs - 165 mg/dl, HbA1c - 5.9%. Kindly tell me is gestational diabetes or normal for pregnancy period. If it is gestational diabetes please advise me which treatment shall be done.
Hi myself manju. Am. On follicular study now n my husband is in dubai will be visiting jamnagr for 10 days and woul like to conceive that time, also would request you to kindly help me and can I meet you that time in jamnagar.
Respected Dr. If I had took unwanted 72 with the reason of unprotected sex 50 hrs ago from now and by mistake now I again done unprotected sex. And my period is came 3 days ago from today. So please can you tell me Any type of pregnancy is possible or not That medicine which was I took, it safe me or not again now? Help me plz.
I am 25 year female. I faces problem in menstruation periods. First of all flow is only for two days and on second day I face break down in it near about 4-5 hours. Please tell me how I will get free from this problem. And I also want to know does it will effect in pregnancy.
It is no secret that when you pleasure yourself 'the right way', it would definitely pump you up for your next session. However, there are several other ways which are unconventional and yet as beneficial and helpful as regular masturbation. Debunking all myths that masturbation reduces erectile functioning or sperm count level or even sexual fertility, these unconventional techniques can definitely help you in various ways; providing you with the right kind of satisfaction and fulfillment and boosting your overall stamina. However, excessive masturbation is strongly recommended against as it has its long-term side-effects.
- Although your testicles are primarily concerned with the function of sperm production, they are also, technically speaking, an erogenous zone. Therefore, when you masturbate, it would be more helpful if you could utilize your testicles for the purpose of acquiring more satisfaction. By pulling your testicles slightly downward while masturbating, you could also try caressing, tickling or stroking them to see how it feels. You could also try holding them in a light grip and not too firm with your other hand.
- A change in position is also pretty effective in heightening your senses and providing a better feel whilst masturbating. Keeping your hand still and only moving your body is such a way. While doing this, you can masturbate while kneeling or standing or sitting or even swapping hands. The more the variety, the better will be the level of pleasure. Moreover, interchanging positions in between has also been proved to be very effective.
- The use of sex toys and other accessories can further enhance your satisfaction level. For instance, realistic vaginas can prove to be pretty handy in maximizing your sexual potency. Other credible sex toys are also available which are as helpful. Another effective technique of masturbating better is via porn or R-rated movies. By simultaneously watching movies while masturbating, your imagination gets fueled up with all kinds of sexual fantasies, providing you with more immediate satisfaction than usual.
- There is also the 'start and stop method' which is very useful in regulating and improving your level of stamina. A conscious and deliberate effort is required in maintaining control over your ejaculatory muscles. The best way to do this is by setting a time limit and not allowing yourself to ejaculate within the given time frame. Learn more about Premature Ejaculation.