Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geetha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GeethaYour feedback matters!
Dr. Sharmila majumdar, sexologist
* hypoactive sexual desire is the persistent or recurrent deficiency (or absence) of sexual fantasies or thoughts and/or the lack of receptivity to sexual activity.
* sexual arousal disorder is the persistent or recurrent inability to achieve or maintain sufficient sexual excitement, expressed as a lack of excitement or a lack of genital or other somatic responses.
* orgasmic disorder is the persistent or recurrent difficulty, delay, or absence of attaining orgasm after sufficient sexual stimulation and arousal.
* sexual pain disorder includes dyspareunia (genital pain associated with sexual intercourse); vaginismus (involuntary spasm of the vaginal musculature that causes interference with vaginal penetration), and non-coital sexual pain disorder (genital pain induced by non-coital sexual stimulation).
When a person who is suffering from a long-standing illness or some severe form of injury, he or she has to spend a lot of time confined to the bed whether at home or at the hospital. This can give rise to a condition called bed sores which can lead to a heightened sense of immobility and pain when it comes to certain limbs and parts of the body that were active in the past, leading to damage of the tissue of that area.
Also, this condition is mostly seen in ageing people who are confined to their beds. These sores can show up as damage that is accorded to the skin tissue which has not been moved or used for a very long time. There may also be a lack of moisture which can lead to the appearance of such sores. Homeopathy is an effective method of dealing with such bed sores. Let us find out more about these medicines.
- Arnica: This medicine is usually prescribed when the skin bearing the sores turns bluish or black in colour, owing to a complete lack of moisture. Also, in such cases, the dried blood that may have come from the sores will lead to such a colour on the skin around the same. Itching may also be felt in many such cases, and this medicine can gradually decrease the itching as well as the sores.
- Apis Mellifica: This medicine is best used when the sores have a red or pink hue, with a bright look which means that the sores are relatively new. The patients may also feel a burning sensation on the spot where the sore may have erupted. This kind of a sensation will get even worse during the warm weather or when the bed is excessively warm. The patient may also want to keep these portions uncovered under such conditions.
- Carbo Veg: This is another widely used homoeopathic medicine for many kinds of conditions, especially those that have to do with the skin of the patient. When these bed sores feel cold and have an excessive amount of sweat as well, this medicine may be prescribed. The sores may also appear bluish and they may itch excessively. The bluish tint of the sores may come from the improper oxidisation of the blood in the region, which can be treated with the help of this medicine.
- Pyrogen: This medicine is usually prescribed in very severe cases when the sores are badly infected and even considered as poisonous. This may enter from the blood before spreading to the rest of the body. The other symptoms include cold and sweaty skin, as well as increased pulse rate and high fever with constant shivering.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir ji meri wife ka march 17 ko abortion hua tha abhi wo pregnant hai 3 month or 10 din ho gaye .sir kon kon dawai or injection lagwana jaruri hai please detail mai batayen.
1st time I urinate in morning after sleep white froth is produced in the water in urinating pot. After that subsequent urine during the day are normal.
I had sex on 21 dec and took unwanted 72 pill that day only itself at 5 Pm. I had withdrawal bleeding after 10 days. I.e, on 1 Jan. It stopped on 3rd Jan. Is there any problem. When will I get my normal period. I have regular periods on every 3-5 of every month. please help. I am not pregnant na?
Am six week pregnant. Having a bleed slightly with no cramps. But am worried. I had some oral sex morning with husband. Why bleeding occurred.
I am going to get married soon and I do not want to get baby soon. What precautions should I take? Do I need to use condom every time I intercourse? Is there any days when she could get pregnant. Please clarify.
I am 24 years old, got married recently in jan 2015, till jan my periods were perfect, I didn't have any problems, but last 3 months my blood flow during periods is fluctuating, in feb I have blood clots and heavy flow for 9 hours, in march it is very very less, april it is too heavy like feb with blood clots and in may it is moderate but these 3 months my blood flow was like water, like liquid. Please help me I am worried about this. And I travalled internationally these 3 months, I visited us and came back to india. Let me know what can I do to get back my normal periods.
In the course of their life, women have to go through a lot of changes and challenges that make them wiser and better at handling the circumstances that they faced. Women go through physical as well as emotional changes when they reach puberty. Also, after the menstrual cycle begins the lady has to struggle through different pre-menstrual symptoms each month. It is because of the menstrual cycle that women are able to conceive and give birth to life, which means that it can be safely said that the source of all human life is owed to the menstrual cycle of women.
It is however, seen that when the menstrual cycle comes to an end in the form of menopause and the uterus takes a retirement, the women going through menopause end up experiencing difficult times and health issues. A lot of women complain of severe mood swings, depression, increased fatigue, hot flashes, dryness in the vaginal region and even problems like osteoporosis in a lot of cases. While these may sound like deadly challenges and a lot of women may lead unhealthy lives by accepting the changes, it should be realized that the problem is treatable.
Hormone replacement therapy:
When the menstrual cycle works regularly, it ensures that the level of hormones in the body are regularised and the body does not face discomfort, but when menopause strikes the body stops making the important hormones and throws the system out of order. In order to make sure that the body remains healthy and the problems related to menopause are kept at bay, it may be important to replenish the body with the hormones and this is how the hormone replacement therapy works.
HRT or hormone replacement therapy is found to be a common medication and type of treatment in the modern times, but this does not mean that the patients may be safe by getting their treatment from just any doctor. It is particularly essential to make sure that the best gynaecologist in the field is chosen and the therapy is started only with the right expertise. The administering of the hormones may be a tricky treatment and if the patient is not in the right hands, they may fall prey to problems such as inadequate or excessive hormones, which may in turn be a source of more health issues.
Choosing your expert:
Running a simple search on the internet about how the treatment for hormone replacement should be taken and the doctors who specialize in the course of treatment may lead you to a number of reliable names. With the help of the search and a thorough study about the background and experience of the specialists so that you are able to put yourself in safe and able hands only. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Rubbery cushions (discs) between the bones (vertebrae) stack up to form the spine. When a nerve between the disc and vertebrae is pressed and inflamed, that condition is called herniated disc. The herniated disc is also referred to as the ruptured disc or the slipped disc. This is caused when the soft jelly is pushed out due to a tear in the exterior. Herniated discs can lead to an irritation of the nerves and result in tremendous pain. It may also cause the arms and legs to become numb and weak. However, some people suffering from this condition may not display any symptoms at all.
Herniated disc generally occur in the lower part of the vertebral column. The herniated disc may also be seen in the thoracic spine or cervical spine. The symptoms of a herniated disc include pain in the legs, feet, or the buttocks, pain in the shoulder blade, tingling of the feet, numbness of the feet and hands, muscle weakness, neck pain or muscle spasm in the neck. Most common causes of herniated discs are aging, excessive weight or lifting of heavy weight.
Prevention of herniated disc
- Herniated discs are very commonly found in people who are aged between 35 or 55 years. They are seen more commonly in the men in comparison to the women.
- A herniated disc cannot be prevented easily, but there certain things that you can do to reduce the risks. Maintaining the proper techniques of lifting is important. You should not be bending at your waist. You should always bend the knees and keep the back straight. This helps you to use your leg muscles which are very strong to support the weight.
- As the saying goes, precaution is better than cure, so here are few precautions that can be taken to avoid herniated discs. Practicing a proper posture can help in reducing the risk of a herniated disc. It is extremely important for an individual to maintain a healthy posture while standing, sitting, walking, and even sleeping. It is imperative that you stretch your muscles when you are sitting in one position for a long time.
- Another important thing to avoid is high-heeled shoes, as they are few of the most common causes of a herniated disc. It would be a good idea to go for flat and well cushioned comfortable footwear as they can go a long way in reducing the risk of the herniated disc.
- Exercising regularly can go a long way in keeping the muscles of the legs, stomach, and back very strong. You should try to balance your flexibility and strength by exercising regularly. The best form of exercise to avoid herniated disc or ruptured disc is aerobic exercise.
- It is true that as you start to age, the chances of getting a herniated disc increase significantly. However, if proper precautions are taken, the stress put on the spine can be effectively reduced, thereby eliminating the risk of a herniated disc. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!