Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. GeerathanYour feedback matters!
My digestive system is very weak and I go to toilet after every 2-3 days. As a result I fell very low. Suggest some ways to increase my digestive power. Even I drink about 4-7 litre water every day.
I am feeling burning sensation in my anus after coming back from washroom. Feel little itchy and the sensation remains for few minutes. Also I am afraid that the anus is coming out slightly. Kindly guide me to cure and prevention. I have seen my dad bleeding while releasing pressure. And I am afraid about that. Kindly help me out.
What is the cause of trembling? In case of diabetes patients, can it be happened? Or in urine infection?
I am a 35 year male suffering from chronic renal stone problem. I have twice removed the stone from ureters via URS but still it's recurring back yearly. What's your opinion about my problem.
Hello Sir/Madam My father's creatinine level 5.2,Urea is 135, potassium is 5.4. But H. B. Is 6.4. I want to know the blood level is very low and urgent basis any blood transfusion or any blood increase injection required or we wait for some time for increasing the level. Thanks
I am 30 years old. I have painful urination, burning sensation when go urine, discharge from penis, back pain, pain in left testicle, pain in thighs. I have these problems almost 8 months. I consulted many doctors. Everybody is telling prostate infection. I have taken antibiotics. But still it is not cured. Exactly what disease I have? Can it be cured? Is any problem if it exists 8 months. I used catheter three years back due to unable urination. One time I had contact with prostitute but I didn't have oral, anal and vaginal intercourse. I touched and hugged only. Do I have any sexually transmitted disease? If yes please advice me how to treat. I am very uncomfort.
Hi would like to ask that I have been going through a lot of urine infection. Consulted a lot doctors but no improvement. I have white build up around clit. The whole area has become sensitive. Please help.
I am a 22 years male. Something jelly like substance come with my urine occasionally and that time I feel pain to urinate.
Suffering from renal failure. Creatinine is 5, with high potassium. Dialysis was done once in the month of april this year. taking renal diet as per doctors advice. Tendency of increasing creatinine. What to do? Do you suggest transplantation?
Hello doctor! My mother have problem she excrete more than normal amount of urine she disturbs in the night. Some times itching. She become lethargic, weak. Is it a symptom of diabetes insipidus?
Hi Dr. My wife is 4 month pregnant and have stones in both kidneys and one 11 mm stone block the urine in left kidney. But at that time she is fine, if any time she gets pain what pain killer recommended to eat.
Hi. My wife had conceived normally and she is 4 months pregnant now. Yesterday night she saw some bleeding while urinating. Is it something serious problem or it can happen while pregnancy.
In microscopic examination test it is found that leucocyte/pus cells are 2-3 HPF. But in urine culture and sensitivity nothing is found. Can I take neeri syrup?
Hello. I had perianal abscess which got drained in April 2014. The doctor put me on ciprofloxacin 500 mg 6 hourly and Enzomac twice in a day. After a month wound healed but there was always an opening about size of a needle head a the wound. The pus reoccurred thrice during these two years. Doctor prescribes antibiotics and sitz bath and it goes in few days. This time after 8 months there is a discharge as well. Doctor put me on satlum 375 and after 3 days it is almost 90% fine. There is just a small drop of discharge that too if I squeeze the place tightly. Doctor says it is a fistula and advised Mr. fistulogram. Can I live with it without surgery without having any complications. I fear if I do surgery there are still chances of reoccurene. It doest hurt me. There is no pain. It gets fine after antibiotics for few days and goes for 7- 8 months. It gets bad if I have constipation otherwise fine. Should I go for Mr. fistulogram. Is it painful. I fear if they inject dye it will open up the wound and surgery will become unavoidable. Presently after 3 days of medication and sitz bath I feel 100 % fine. Please advise sir.
I am diabetic and etching has started since last 1 year. Taking medicine glycinorm but no improved on Internet ayurvedic medicine including cow urine is suggested and want to consult ayurvedic doctor.
You're said to suffer from the problem of acute kidney failure if your kidneys suddenly stop working and lose their ability to eliminate waste materials including excess fluids and salts from the blood. The condition usually develops quickly over a few days or even a few hours. When this happens, waste materials accumulate in your blood, disrupting the chemical balance of your bloodstream.
So, what causes this problem?
Acute kidney failure can occur because of any one of these reasons:
1. A drop or slowdown of blood flow to the kidneys - Adequate blood circulation to the kidneys is of great importance as without it the kidneys may end malfunctioning. If blood flow to the kidney is hampered, a part of or the entire kidney may die. You may suffer from acute kidney failure if blood flow to the kidneys gets impaired due to conditions like
- Heavy blood loss
- Sepsis (body's inflammatory reaction to an infection, which can bring about organ failure, tissue damage, and death)
- Use of certain drugs
- Heart disease
2. Urinary obstructions - A sudden blockage that hampers your kidney's ability to eliminate urine can also bring about acute kidney failure. When this happens, it leads to a build up of toxins in the body, causing an overload of the kidneys. Conditions that bring about this urinary obstruction include:
3. Disease within the kidneys - Even instances of clotting within the blood vessels of the kidneys can lead to acute kidney failure. This is because if the movement of blood cells within the blood vessels gets hampered, kidneys are not able to filter out toxins from the body. The conditions and diseases that may cause clotting, and subsequently damage to the kidneys include:
- Scleroderma (an autoimmune disease that affects connective tissues and skin)
- Build-up of cholesterol deposits
- Glomerulonephritis (an inflammatory condition of the kidney's ball-shaped structures called glomeruli)
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome (a condition that occurs due to untimely death of red blood cells)
- Lupus (a disorder of the body's immune system that brings about damage to the body's own organs and tissues). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.