Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. GeerathanYour feedback matters!
At the point when our bodies process the protein we eat, the procedure creates waste products. In the kidneys, millions of tiny blood vessels act as filters since they have even tinier holes in them. As blood flows through these vessels, little molecules such as waste items may press through the gaps. These waste items turn out to be a part of the urine. Helpful substances such as protein and red blood cells are too enormous to go through the gaps in the filter and stay in the blood.
Diabetes and kidneys: Diabetes can harm the kidneys. Abnormal amount of glucose make the kidneys filter a lot of blood. After a couple of years, they begin to spill and helpful protein is thereby lost in urine. Having low protein levels in the urine is called micro albuminuria.
Medication: When kidney disease is analyzed on time, during micro albuminuria, a few medications may keep kidney disease from getting worse. Having elevated levels of protein in the urine is called macro albuminuria. When kidney disease is looked up some other time during macro albuminuria, end-stage renal disease (ESRD) usually follows.
Causes: Strain on the organs may cause the kidneys to lose their filtering capacity. Waste items then begin to develop in the blood. Finally, the kidneys start to fail. This failure, ESRD, is intense. A patient with ESRD needs a kidney transplant or a blood filtration by a machine (dialysis).
Other complications: Individuals with diabetes will probably have other kidney-related issues such as bladder infections and nerve damages in the bladder.
Preventing complications: Not everybody with diabetes goes through a kidney disease. Elements that can impact kidney disease improvement include genetics, blood sugar control and blood pressure. The more a person keeps diabetes and blood pressure under control, the lower the chances of getting a kidney disease.
Keeping your glucose levels high can counteract diabetic kidney problems. Research has demonstrated that blood glucose control diminishes the danger of micro albuminuria by 33%. For individuals who suffer from micro albuminuria have now a reduced danger of advancing to macro albuminuria. Different studies have recommended that blood glucose control can reverse micro albuminuria.
Treatment: Essential treatments for kidney infection include control of blood glucose and blood pressure. Blood pressure dramatically affects the rate at which the condition progresses. Indeed, even a gentle increase in blood pressure can rapidly aggravate a kidney infection. Four approaches to bring down your blood pressure are:
- Shedding pounds
- Eating less salt
- Maintaining a strategic distance from liquor and tobacco
- Exercising regularly
A low-protein diet can decrease the amount of lost protein in the urine and increase the protein levels in the blood. Never begin a low-protein diet without talking to a physician.
doctor ask me for usg kub I spend money for that now all doctor to run away to create a urology prescription for frequent urination.
I am feeling a severe pain in my anus area after I came from toilet. It is very painful like prickling glass and it longs for 10-15 min.
I am 34 years male. I am suffering from urinary bladder pain from last 4 months. My bladder is squeezing and pain. I am going to urin 10 times per day due to pain I am taking plenty of water. abdominal scanning is normal report. Blood reports are normal (All). I used meftal spas, Cystopen, dicklofine. It is only temporary relief only. Urinary examine details are given below: Colour: Yellow, Appearance: slightly turbid, Reaction: Acidic, Albumin: Nil, Glucose: nil, Pus cells 6-8 /Hpf, Epithelial cells: 2 to 3/Hpf, RBC: nil, Casts: nil, Crystals: Nil, Others: Nil. Please give your advice why I am getting pain. Last year also I faced same problem for a month only. Now I am suffering pain at blade from 4 months please give advice. Is urine reports are normal? Regards, sudhakar. K.
My problem is that since last 2-3 months it is paining a lot? Whenever I feel like passing motions, I go the toilet but it is very difficult for me to pass motions and I am scared because that portions pains a lot, what is it. There is no blood in stool, I am getting this on time as well. So what are the remedies? Please help. Drinking approx 2-3 ltrs water daily as well.
Hello Doctor, I have an issue where in the afternoon at 1pm - 2pm I feel really chill and also sweat at the same time. I had the 1st UTI in my life lately and after that I did a Urin culture on Feb 23 and it came back saying that there is no Pus cells and No Microorganisms grown in 48 hours. But ahy do I feel like this? Do I have to do any test to rule out this issue. I checked my temperature at home and its Max 98.6F - 99.00F and not more than that.
Keep your Kidneys Healthy to stay healthy
Healthy and well-functioning kidneys are vital to good health. Many disease conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, kidney stones, infections, can adversely affect function of the kidneys, leading to kidney failure in due course of time. Hence, it is important that we follow a healthy lifestyle to protect our kidneys,
Tips to keep kidneys healthy
Keep your blood pressure at the recommended target levels.
Control your blood glucose level.
Keep blood cholesterol level in the target range
Control body weight.
Avoid overuse of over-the-counter painkillers.
If you have a family history of diabetes, heart disease, or chronic kidney disease (CKD), you are at risk of developing kidney disease.
Do not smoke.
Be physically active.
Eat a healthy diet, with more of fruits and vegetables.
Get an annual physical exam.
Take your medications as directed by your doctor.
Get yourself tested for CKD, if you're at risk. Early diagnosis can delay or prevent kidney failure.
If urine color is yellow then what it shows about kidney. How we detect that kidney is infected? Which type of food can infect kidney?
My mother aged 74 years has been urinating in clothes. All reports like ultrasound, kft, urine reports are normal. Please suggest homeopathy medicine.
Actually if I drink more water then I have to go to urine so many times. If I drink less water then I will urine in yellow color and getting pain at penis. Please advise.
Iam 30 years old. I go toilet once very less and sometime pain in urinary bladder and once no toilet in a day.
I am a 26 years old male i'm getting too much urine. Daily I have to go toilet for around 50-60 times. What should I do?
I am suffering from enlarged prostate and related difficulties, such as get up from sleep at night 3-4 times to pass urine, feeling urgency to pass urine etc. Conducted several tests and physician prescribed Weltam 0.4 mg tablets daily once at night. I do not feel much improvement in my problem. Your valued suggestions solicited. Thanks
Many people are embarrassed to talk about their urine colour or urine problem with anybody, including their doctor. But, what people always forget is that strong smelling urine and the change in the colour of the urine is a serious issue. Your urine colour directly tells you about your health, especially your inner body. So, without being embarrassed you should consult a doctor, if and when, you find foul odour in your urine. Following are some of the reasons for the causes of strong smelling urine.
- You are dehydrated: Urine is not supposed to leave odour. It should be odourless, but if you find strong smell in your urine, you should consult a doctor immediately. The most common reason of foul odour in your urine is dehydration. If the amount of water needed in your body is not enough then, there will be less water in your body as a result the waste products will not be diluted in water being more concentrated making the urine darker and more odour. But once you start drinking water, it should go normal. Normally, this kind of situations occur in early morning when your water intake is less or not at all. But drinking lot of water will solve this issue immediately.
- More alcohol or caffeine intake: If you are habituated to drink a lot of coffee then it may happen that you find strong smell of coffee in your urine. Although it is not very problematic yet it is healthy if you reduce the intake of coffee in your daily life in order to have a healthy digestive system. Not just coffee but even alcohol could be the reason of irregular or need to urinate a lot more than usual.
- Bacterial Infection: There could be bacterial infection or kidney infection which could lead to strong smell of urine. In order to ensure you should go to a doctor and get important tests done. Then the doctor can suggest treatment according to your results and if all the results are normal then you could be suggested to maintain a balanced diet on regular basis.
- Imbalanced Diet: The problem can sometimes come from the use of certain vitamins from imbalances in your diet. There are substances like nitrates and phosphates in the urine which can give dark colour and odour. You should always have a proper diet and follow it in order to have a healthy digestive system. Eating lot of garlic and onion can also bring odour in your urine.
- Diabetes: If you are diabetic, it may be possible that you find dark urine and odour in your urine. It indicates that your sugar level is not normal and gone much high than normal. If you are not diabetic then it may be a sign of diabetes so you should get diagnosed immediately with your doctor.
There are multiple causes of strong smelling urine but most of them could be cured easily if diagnosed immediately. But in order to avoid this issue it is better to be careful with your diet and drink a lot of water. At least three litres of water a day is an absolute necessity!