Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gayathri Devi
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Gayathri DeviYour feedback matters!
The human body experiences various types of aches and pains from time to time depending on injuries and other kinds of joint, muscle and nerve pain and various types of these pains include somatic pain, visceral pain, and neuropathic pain.
While somatic pain refers to the pain that comes from injuries caused to muscles, connective tissues and joints; visceral pain happens due to inflammation and excessive stretching of organs. Finally, neuropathic pain is a more long lasting kind, which can be caused by conditions like cancer, HIV or Shingles. The pain can be acute or chronic. Read on to find out more about pain management.
- Somatic Pain: This type of bone pain is usually localised and can increase with movement, becoming sharper with increased motion. Somatic pain can usually be treated with the help of analgesics, which treats the area suffering from pain, especially for pain that takes place due to surgical incisions and other dull aches or sharp pains that are localised. This kind of pain can also be treated with physiotherapy, acupressure and other exercises based on the area of pain.
- Visceral Pain: While this kind of pain can be treated with the help of medication, it also usually improves and fades with time. The medication for this kind of pain usually alters the neurotransmitters of the brain that convey pain signals and trigger pain in the body. This medication also helps in bringing down the inflammation for pain improvement.
- Neuropathic Pain: This kind of pain is usually accompanied by irregular limb movements and discomfort as well as motions like twitching. It is a more permanent kind of pain that lasts long and causes greater discomfort than the above two kinds of pain. Neuropathic pain can be treated with the help of anticonvulsants, which usually help in preventing the nerve pain and irregular movements that can trigger from this kind of pain. It also impacts the serotonin level and other chemicals in the brain for better nerve pain management and act as an anti-depressant as well.
The various kinds of pain discussed above can be treated in different ways, both in medicated and non-medicated ways, however, the method will depend upon whether the pain is acute or chronic. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I'm 7 months pregnant. I have sciatica nerve leg pain. I'm unable to walk. Can you suggest some remedies. How many days this pains will be there.
I have pain in testicles from more than 3 months sometimes on left side and sometimes on right side and sometimes in both testicles. Mostly I see Swelling on outside and Pain above balls inside of testicles alternatively. Tube like structure also swells sometimes in either of testicle. Pain is increased and triggered like repeated shocks while moving on uneven roads and speed breakers and while doing strenuous physical activities like running and climbing stairs and Masturbating sometimes Pain is mild and continuous gradually decreasing for a week but as soon as I masturbate it suddenly increases more constant Pain for sometime and reducing slowly but not completely and Triggered again and continues Testicles become Uncomfortable due to Pain while sleeping also and by doing physical activities. Today Pain was in right testicle In which disease condition I am? Is it Effecting mg normal life and damaging testicles? How can I get rid of Pain completely and become normal? Should I take rest and pain Will reduce? Suggest any Home Remedies, Tips and medication?
I feel tired and weak through out the day. Have pain in both the legs. Follow a good diet, one hour of walking everyday, physical exercise but still do not feel energetic and do not want to do any sort of work. Everytime I want to sit or sleep a little bit. My bowel movements are good digestion is ok, drinks a lot of water. No fast food, spicy items or indulge in any bad habit, no smoking and alcohol. Have done the blood test everything is normal, Haemoglobin is also normal, Liver and kidney function test are also normal. Have fruits and milk everyday, but still my stamina is very low. Please suggest me what can I do and tell me some medicines which can improve my strength and to feel energetic. Thanks in advance.
I am 51 years old, at menopausal stage. Sometimes feel hungry even after eating full meal and sometimes don't feel hungry at all because of which my weight gets added easily. I am 80 kgs though I walk everyday for minimum 1 hour a day on week days and 2 hours a day on weekends. I doubt that the weight gain causes knee pain. In addition to that I get knee swelling after every exhaustive day or strenuous work. Please advise.
When I'm sitting down my back bone is paining Wesley and my legs only at 2 to 3 minutes what kind of medicines I should take.
37 year old male. Have knee pain while climbing steps since many years. Also have lumbar back pain once a week. Could there be problem with knee/back.
Human bones are continuously being removed and formed, which is necessary for its proper maintenance. However, in certain cases, especially with aging, some bones and joints will be worn down to an extent where the body will not be able to reform them. This is especially true in the case of hips, which may become worn due to age or other problems within the body.
Hip replacement surgery:
When this happens, a hip replacement surgery can be performed to replace the original joints with a prosthesis or artificial hip, which is usually made out of metal or a specially formed composite material or even a combination of the two. Along with other parts, it replaces the natural hip with an artificial hip to restore mobility and other related functions.
Benefits of hip replacement surgery:
- Lessening hip pain: This is one of the major factors as well as symptoms of requiring hip replacement surgery. Due to the grinding down of the bones, even the slightest movement causes pain and after the surgery and the recovery period, the pain is lessened.
- Correction of bone deformity: When the bones grind down and are abnormally reformed, deformities may occur reducing mobility. Artificial hips will ensure that deformities are corrected and resulting problems are thus eliminated.
- Return to normal activities: This is possibly one of the primary advantages of this surgery, although it entails a long recovery period. However, most patients can get back to their normal activities and are able to resume a pain free life.
- Ability to have painless sleep: Many people who suffer from hip displacements or bone deformities are not able to sleep properly due to pain. After the surgery and the recovery period, they can return to normal functions and habits, thus are able to sleep properly.
- Leg strength increase: Many patients tend to have an increase in their leg strength as one side of the hip tends to become very weak due to bone problems before surgery. After surgery and recovery, the same side tends to have an increased strength due to the implant.
- In most cases a lifelong solution to hip problems: As the hip replacement prosthesis is made out of metal and if the operation is successful, it usually tends to last till the end of a person's life and this area usually doesn't tend to have problems again.
Related Tip: "5 Common Causes of Hip Pain in Women"