Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. GautamYour feedback matters!
Sir, mujhe 04.09.16 ko fever hua tha jisse joints me pain ho gya tha. Fever to thik hue bhi 2 months ho gye hai lekin mere pero mai knee se niche abhi b bhut pain ho rha hai or ye kis karan ho rha hai. Pls give me advise or me kese apne pero ka pain thik kr skta hu.
I banged my knee on a wall in October. Now i have a pain in my knee after running almost 3kms. Can i have a solution to it?
My mom had suffered from viral ,since that my mom foot is swelling and she is suffering from joints pain she is a diabetic patient please help.
I have intense pain in the neck for about a weak what should I do in order to get rid of it? Please tell me.
I am 27 years old mail and I am having back pain from 3years and now a days it is becoming high so pleas help me in the pain relif and I tried many medicines but no use and i have been for non medical treatment as well but same issue.
My feet is paining all the time and I feel restless leg all the time and I cannot walk bear foot. Can you please suggest a padded or cushion socks or slippers to use at home.
I am 20 I have carrying angle in both hands are there exercises to cure it I have my main medical due on 19 dec so help me out.
Knee pain is characterized by a feeling of pain in the knee joint caused by injury or overuse. The knee joint consists of small bone structures, the kneecap, supporting ligaments and cartilage of the knee. This joint bears the full weight of the body, which makes it very vulnerable to injury.
Causes of knee pain
Knee pain is usually caused by injuries to the knee such as exposure to a direct force on the knee, abnormal twisting of the knee or falling on your knees. Some causes of knee pain are -
- Knee strains and sprains - Overworking the knee joints can damage the tissues of the knee joint resulting in knee sprains and strains
- Osteoarthritis - it is condition where the protective cartilage around the kneecap is damaged, resulting in knee pain
- Bursitis - Excessive movement of the knee or kneeling down for extended periods can irritate the bursa (a fluid sac below the skin above the knee joint) that causes swelling and pain, thereby giving rise to this condition
- Gout - This condition is characterized by the accumulation of uric acid in crystal form around the knee joint, causing inflammation and pain
- Tendon disorders - Tendons connect the muscles to the bones, and overworking the knee can cause the tendons around the knee to become sore and painful
- Kneecap dislocation - Injuries may cause the kneecap to shift out of its position, this causes swelling and pain in the knee joint
Symptoms of knee pain
Severe knee pain can restrict movements such as walking or standing. The symptoms vary according to the extent of the damage suffered by the knee. Most common symptoms of knee pain are problems in climbing stairs, inability to extend the knees, limping and swelling of the knee joint. In some cases, knee pain may also cause fever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.