Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GaneshYour feedback matters!
I have blessed with a baby boy on 16 jan 2016 now he was 28 weeks old when he was born and his weight is 1 kg 300 gm and now he has weight of 1 kg 400gm I want to know that when he will discharge from hospital is he safe in hospital or he will be safe at home as we can take special care off him 24×7 we should wait or bring him home doctors are saying that he is absolutely fine. Then why doctors are not giving him holiday.
Hi, I have a 10 months baby boy, I would like to know that what would be the best thing for him to eat in this age?
Hello doctor, my baby boy is 16 months of age and his weight is 8.9 kgs (still takes mother feed no other milk at all). His birth weight was 2.4 kgs. We are giving him vitamin d3 (arbivit d3 and earlier we also gave him d-sol and other few such medicines as prescribed by our doctor) drops (1ml/day). His vitamin d3 drops have not been regular means we have been able to give him these drops 5 days in every 7 days. Doctor had also advised him iron drops and zincovite which he did not take regularly. Is this a serious problem? our main problem with him is that that he does not eat food. We have tried lot of home made items which our doctor and friends have advised but he does not want to eat food at all. We have to do 100 of tricks and games (which is not possible at each and every diet and especially if we are out of home) in his each diet to distract him so that he can eat some portion of the food at least. Also sometime we are not successful in making him eat even after doing all this. This has been an issue since last 5-6 months but this problem has increased many fold from last 1.5 months since he was admitted to hospital due to excessive vomiting and loose motions. He has also developed allergy with lactose which is another issue. Please advise what should we do so that he starts eating food. We try 3-4 times in a day but he takes even half of that. He does not even want to open his mouth as seen as he sees the food and starts crying and shouting. Please advise.
My son health is very weak and thin and energy level also poor. What should I do for his good health. Please give solution for his good health.
Cell phones bring us close to people, but can also have a harmful effect on our health. Studies show that cell phone radiation could be one of the causes for brain cancer. However, this does not stop us from using a cell phone. Unfortunately, some people also allow their children to use cell phones, thus putting them at risk also.
Here are a few tips to reduce your child's exposure to cell phone radiation:
- Limit the use of cell phones: Adding an old school landline to your home can be used not only as a decor element, but functionally as well. When at home, route all calls of your cell phone to the landline. In addition, do not allow your children to use the cell phone as toy to play games on. If you absolutely must, give them the phone to play a game on, but first put it onto flight mode.
- Maintain distance: Start using a headset while answering calls on your cell phone. This allows you to keep a distance between the phone and your body. If children use your phone to answer calls, encourage them to do the same as well. As far as possible do not keep your phone in your pocket for long durations. If the cell phone is used as a morning alarm, ensure that it is not kept under the pillow, but on the bedside table.
- Text: Studies show that texting emits less radiation than voice calls. Make use of group messaging facilities to further reduce the amount of messages you need to send out and in turn the radiation emitted.
- Choose a good case: Some phone cases are built with materials that limit the radiation emitted by the phone. These cases allow the phone to receive signal, but restrict the outgoing radiations, thus protecting the person using the phone.
- Find good signal: Using your phone in an area with good reception will not only let you enjoy an uninterrupted call, but can also protect you against cell phone radiation. This is because radiation and signal strength have an inversely proportional relationship; the lower the signal, the higher the amount of radiation emitted.
- Ethernet cords: Today, an internet connection is a must have in every house. Along with cell phones, laptops and tablets emit radiation as well. To protect your family from this radiation use an Ethernet cord to connect to the internet instead of a wireless router.
My baby is 2.5 months old he is doing potty after 3 or 4 days when I use spojetri. Is there any problems?
I have pain in all over my body especially in hands legs n back bone. I feel also weak after delivery. My baby is now one year old and the important thing I feed her. So please tell me what will be better to improve my health and reduce pain?
My baby boy is 9 months old. His left eye swollen and inside the eye changes red in color. He is crying and not eating anything. What should I do. Please help me.
I have 50 days baby , before 20 day baby navel is swelling and increase size Is that a prob. Or normal sign.
I have male baby 4 months n 20 days he plays actively but not passing his stool since from three days. I have consulted Dr. Few days back he advise to give tab bcoz of that tablet baby passed stool once but again facing same problem .but regularly passing urinals n more active please suggest. He is in breast feeding only.
baby boy age 3.5 year .just started fever 102 and vomiting tendency. Can you suggest medicine and respective dose pz. Weight 13 kg.
Almost all of us have experienced bloating, gas or an upset stomach. Yet some people experience this problem at a chronic level. Gas occurs in the stomach and intestines due to breakdown of food into energy. All of us pass gas, however some people do more than others. An average person passes gas 5-20 times a day.
An upset stomach can often cause problems and can be a difficult battle for many people. Although the symptoms of gas problems often relate to an improper diet, yet other factors may be also responsible.
Causes and Symptoms of Gas Problems
- Swallowing air: The swallowed air which is not burped out, passes through the digestive system and is released through the opening of the anus. Hiccups can also occur if you have swallowed excessive air.
- Diet: The reaction of different foods varies from one person to another. Also foods that lead to odorous gas may also vary from person to person. Yet, spicy foods and dairy products are the most common causes of gas. Example - Beans, cabbage, onions, radishes, eggs, carbonated drinks, sugar, packaged foods etc.
- Medications: Certain medicines and supplements, including prescription drugs, can lead to gas problems and bloating. Further, medications which change the hormonal balance in the body can also cause bloating.
- Medical problems: Certain medical conditions such as Irritable bowel syndrome or bowel obstruction can also lead to an upset stomach.
Common symptoms of gas problems include gas pain, cramping, bloating, diarrhoea and constipation. In the worst of cases, gas and bloating indicate colon cancer. Such people experience rapid weight loss, anaemia and blood in stools.
Modifying your lifestyle, in particular your dietary practices, is essential to a healthy recovery.
- Avoiding foods such as spaghetti, oats, bran, barley, banana, bread etc. which contain high fibre content is important.
- You can opt for over the counter medications after consulting your physician. Homeopathy and Ayurveda can be also opted as alternative forms of treatment.
Birthweight of my baby boy was 2.75kgs and he now weighs 4.96kgs at 2 and half months. He was born on July 13th 2015 and has only breastmilk also his feeding time is hardly 15 mins on one side every 2 hrs during day and 15 mins every 4 hrs during night. Is his weight gain goin good as per his age? and is his feeding time too less for his age because I read that other children feed for longer time?
My 2 years old female baby got cough, cold & fever from last 3 days. Consulted a doctor 2 days ago. He had given pacimol, protussa cough syrup, moxikind cv, neopeptine. But the fever & cough still not going. Fever getting normal sometimes but again coming within hours.
Hello, my son is 3 years old and he catches cold frequently which results in wheezing. I also have the same problem but no asthma. Kindly help. Chest X-Ray has been done.
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disorder of the airways.
symptoms are wheeze, cough, breathing difficulty.
Asthma is a controllable disease.
asthma can be diagnosed based on history & Pulmonary function test.
Inhaled drugs are the best choice for asthma.
Inhaled drugs are safe and practically have no side effects.
Asthma symptoms are variable.
regular follow-up is required to titrate the drugs.