Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Gandhi MahalingamYour feedback matters!
Physiotherapy is an effective way to reduce various kinds of body pains. Physiotherapy includes massages, exercises, and heat treatments to relieve pain. This treatment is often recommended as the first option to treat back and neck pain. Physiotherapy is also used to rehabilitate patients after surgery. Different kinds of exercises included in this treatment are also useful to treat sports injuries. Here are some steps that you can take to relieve your body pain incorporating physiotherapy.
- Get appropriate help - It is important to properly diagnose your condition before going for physical therapy. Seek help from a professional and if he/she recommends physiotherapy then only opt for the treatment.
- Reduce your severe pain before exercising - If you are in immense pain, work to alleviate the pain before engaging in exercises. Cold/ hot therapy, massage, manual manipulation are some of the methods that can slowly reduce the pain. These are all part of physical therapy.
- Exercise - Exercising has numerous health benefits including relieving back pain. As you age, your back tends to get weaker; it is important to workout to prevent future backaches. Stretching, strengthening and low- impact aerobics are ideal for this issue.
- You can also try water therapy as water has a therapeutic effect on pain and makes your movements much easier than on land.
- Observe your body's reaction to physical therapy - When you have just had a back or neck pain episode and try physical therapy you will feel some initial discomfort, it is expected. After you acclimatize yourself with the routine all kinds of pain will gradually diminish. The initial pain due to physiotherapy is caused because your muscles are stiff and they are being stretched the way they are not used to. However if the pain gradually increases you are probably not right for that particular kind of physical therapy.
I have body pain and also headache with little bit cold and my eyes is also like burning what should I do for this?
I am 17 year old male. I can't sleep at night. There is some strange kind of pain in my body while sleeping which doesn't let me sleep.
Hi, My wife has low-grade fever for long time. She also has body pain, surgical and back pain. She also feel pain in joints and bones. Her TLC count always detect very high around 14.20 thou/mm3. Sugar is around 160. Now we have one more blood report. Report result is "RBCs are predominantly normocytic normochromic. WBC series shows leukocytosis with differential count as follows (N58, L35, M05, E02). Platelets are adequate on smear. -Correlate with clinical details and previous.
1) assess the level of pain on a scale of 0 to 10 where 0 means no pain and 10 means unbearable excruciating pain.
Affirm: following set of affirmations for 21 times.
I solve my pain
I dissolve my pain
I resolve my pain
I co-solve my pain
I super solve my pain.
It would be a good idea to investigate your reasons behind pains. If there are no known pathological changes behind your pain, we recommend, explore deeper emotional issues which needs your attention.
Certain key affirmations can actually help in releasing past emotional toxins from your body, making you feel lighter and healthier.