Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Gana PriyaYour feedback matters!
Melanoma, also referred to as malignant melanoma, is a type of cancer. It evolves from the color or pigment containing cells known as melanocytes. Melanomas normally happen in the skin, yet may once in a while it may happen in the mouth, guts, or eyes as well. In women, it generally happens in the legs, while in men they are most regularly on the back. Sometime a mole may also raise your concern by increasing in size, developing abnormal edges, a change of color or itching and irritability. This may also prompt breakdown of the skin.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
1. More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
2. There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
3. This is common in young women and causes many deaths.
4. Women below the age of forty are at more risk of getting melanoma than any other kind of cancer such as breast cancer.
5. There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
6. Early recognition makes melanoma treatable. It is screened for growth very minimally.
Melanomia may be caused primarily due to these causes:
- The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
- Those with numerous moles, presence of the disease in family members and who have poor immunity are at more noteworthy risk to get melanoma. Various uncommon hereditary defects, such as xeroderma pigmentosum increase the risk of melanoma.
- The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
- Ultraviolet UVB light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
- Spend less time in direct sunlight and should seek shade.
- Avoid the sun at peak hours.
- Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
- Keep away from tanning salons.
Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma.
I am 22 years unmarried girl. I have pcod problem .I take femilon tablet. This tablet is safe or not.
Hi I am 7.5 months pregnant. My doctor has given glucose and other blood tests after 15 days. Does this mean that my delivery will be on next month. My eod is 7th sept. And it will be c section.
Me and my wife is doing sex without protection for a baby and following monthly cycle period too But not able to conceive a pregnancy please guide us in this matter.
Hi pcod with lean female is difficulty to getting conceive ? And can you tel me treatment modulation .
I am 54 yes old. Having blood sugar. High pressure. From last three yes I have noticed that a period of few days come after every 40 to 50 days. At that moment I won't like anything Even meal. Only at that time want to keep mum.
My age is 50 years. Recently, I underwent microscopic examination of right breast with fine needle aspiration. It suggested Benign proliferative breast disease with few atypical cells and advised excision biopsy. Please suggest me diagnosis.
Sir Meri shadi ho chuki hai or 3 months of doughter hai. Sir hum 1st bache ke baad 1&2 saal ka gap rakhana chate hai. Toh hame bataye ki kya kare.
I feel very weak and morning sickness everyday when I wake up early in the morning. What should I do?
My grand mother is 82 years old and she is suffering from paralysis since from 2 weeks she is unable to move her right leg and hand she is unable to eat anything she is taking only liquids she became very thin we are in hospital now but doctors are telling it will take long time to cure her is there any other way to cure her as soon as possible?
Flatulence is the condition of having excessive gas in stomach or intestine. This can result in uncomfortable feelings of bloating, as well as increased belching (burping) or passing of gas from the rectum.
Home remedies for flatulence
1. Take 2-3 gm of black pepper (kali mirch) and long pepper (piplamul, lindi pepper, piplamool) powder with honey (shahad) twice daily.
2. Slowly chew a small amount of fennel (souf) seeds or put them in a cup of boiled, hot water for 3-5 minutes and then slowly drink.
3. Eat a fresh piece of ginger (adrak) or added some fresh ginger to your food.
4. Mix two drops of peppermint oil in half a cup of cold water and drink twice daily.
5. Take 4-5 gm of ajowan (ajwain) with rock salt (sendha namak, khanij namak) twice or thrice a day.
Aloe vera: aloe vera is also known as gheequar, gawarpatha, qwargandhal. Aloe vera has its name in Ayurveda. Cleopatra the famous
Queen of Egypt used this as her beauty product, alexander used this for his wounded army and Gandhi ji used this in his daily routine
Food. There are 300 varieties of aloe vera but only 4 types have 90% to 100% medicinal properties. Aloe barbadensis miller is the most
Useful out of these is used in this juice. Aloe vera is a plant full of natural qualities. Aloe vera has more than 200 medicated ingredients,
Which has 20 required minerals, 8 required amino acids, 14 secondary amino acids, enzymes and 12 types of vitamins? Aloe vera is the
World's best antibiotic, antiseptic, antioxidant, anti-aging, anti-disease, anti-viral, anti-stress, anti-bacterial, anti-toxic and anti-allergy
Plant. That's why aloe-vera is called disease resistant plant. Lignins and saponins in aloe vera cleanse intestines and help in detoxifying
Our body. Aloe vera is a unique food and medicine as well. If you want a life free from medicines and diseases daily intake of aloe vera is a must.
Amla is full of nutritive qualities. It is the best source of vitamin c. One fresh amla has vitamins equivalent to 20 oranges. It
Makes the body healthy and beautiful. Its anti-oxidant enzymes helps prevent old age. It is said that no other herb has
Such medicinal qualities as an amla i. E. Disease resistant, blood purifier, etc.
Tulsi is known for its amazing healing power. It can be used as an herbal medicine for numerous ailments, including fever,
Common cold, cough, sore throat etc.
Ginger: with the use of ginger a person can remain young and healthy for life. Useful in digestion relieves acidity and increases
Stevia: the world's best source of sweet. The extract of stevia is around 200-300 times sweeter than normal sugar. It has zero
Calories, zero carbohydrates and zero fat. It is also antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal plant. The stevia leaves contain
A variety of nutrients which are beneficial for weight management, cholesterol, sugar, blood pressure, etc.
Aloe vera, amla, tulsi, ginger and stevia are useful for more than 220 health problems like:
Weight management, blood pressure, cholesterol and preventing heart diseases.
Treating cough, cold, asthma, premature hair graying and hair fall.
Treating ulcers, liver, dysfunction, t. B, migraine, bronchitis, irritable bowel syndrome, piles, constipation, joint pain and body ache.
Relieving kidney problems, jaundice and hepatitis. Protecting from the harmful effects of alcohol.
Increasing sexual capability, drive and pleasure.
Relieving stress, tension and anxiety. It's a natural mood elevator.
Treating insomnia, sore throat, diarrhea, menstrual cramps and cancer.
Improving skin complexion and is an anti-wrinkle formula.
Reducing the effects of sunstroke and sunburn.
Relieving acidity and increasing appetite.
Improving the immune system and strengthening the body.
Controlling blood sugar level.
Healing muscle function, brainpower and fluid balance and eliminating toxins from the body.
Supporting action to pancreas, spleen, liver and heart.
Treating cold sores, acne, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, dandruff, cuts and wounds.
Aloe vera is a friend and boon for women. Useful in leucorrhoea, regulates the menstrual cycle and increases pregnancy capability.
Usage: take 30ml aloe vera juice in 250ml. Water twice daily or as directed by the physician.
Though ovarian cysts can be well-treated with surgeries but not all surgeries are good for operating them. Thus, you have to choose the safest option that can help you to avoid adverse impacts after surgery.
Laparoscopic method is the approved surgical method that can operate ovarian cysts in the best possible manner. This treatment is completely painless, and thus you will not suffer at all while conducting the concerned method.
What is the best surgical method for ovarian cysts?
If you are looking for the best surgical method that can treat ovarian cysts, then nothing can be a better option other than laparoscopic surgery. There are many potential benefits of this surgical treatment for which it is more preferred in comparison to the traditional surgeries.
- Improved treatment: This treatment is quite an advanced treatment, which is not invasive and moreover, the count of side-effects is quite lower. Modernized surgical equipments are used in this regard so that ovarian cysts can be removed with great ease and convenience. Moreover, the chances of medical malpractices or errors can be completely eliminated, and thus the patients remain safe.
- Needs short tenure: This treatment does not take a long time, and rather it can be completed within a short time. You do not have to stay at the hospital for long rather can get discharged on the same day treatment takes place. Thus, you can save a lot of medical expenses.
- Reduction in sufferings caused due to surgery: Sufferings due to surgery can be reduced or completely eliminated to a great extent, and this is one of the leading reasons why this treatment is preferred for removing ovarian cysts. You will not face any painful sensation and on the other hand, the trouble of blood transfusion is also avoided in this case.
- No exposure to contaminants: Internal organs will be protected against different kinds of contaminants by implementing laparoscopic surgery. If the organs get contaminated, then the possibility of postoperative infections will rise. Infectious diseases are very much dreadful.
- Small incision-size: Incision size is quite small, and this is really quite beneficial in preventing different unwanted symptoms like pain, excessive bleeding and others. You do not have to take strong medications for getting rid of post-surgery symptoms. Scar tissues often get affected by infectious diseases, but in this case, it does not happen, and thus you will remain completely safe and secured.
Hi Dr. mera do months ka baby miscarriage hogaya h.1 month hogaya h abortion krwane ka. Abortion ke 18 days baad phir se sex krna start Krdiye kya koi problem h.kya phir se jaldi pregnancy hojayega .plz reply me.
While pregnancy is a wonderful experience for most women, it also brings its fair share of troubles. Nourishing and developing another life inside your body could sometimes be a challenging experience. A lot of health issues can also arise due to it, such as back pain, feeling of fatigue, exhaustion and unbearable cramps.
However, these can be easily controlled or reduced to ensure that pregnancy is a joyful experience if you take proper care of your body. Ayurvedic remedies to make your pregnancy a joyful experience:
- Food cravings should be favored: It is important to eat what you desire. During pregnancy, follow a well balanced diet containing a lot of proteins, starch and vegetables. After the fourth month, you should satisfy all your cravings which are more likely coming from the merging nutritional requirements of the developing baby.
- Balance energy: During pregnancy, it is important to keep a balanced nervous system. This should be done by consuming a diet of plant-based, processed foods along with whole and sprouted grains. Start eating freshly cooked food with olive and coconut oil. Avoid consuming leftover food.
- Avoid certain foods: Try to prevent consuming spicy hot foods, uncooked leafy vegetables and undercooked lentils and beans. These food products can cause gas. Avoid preservatives, chemical additives and artificial flavors as they can cause severe stomach aches.
- Right form of milk: Drink warm non-homogenized milk with ghee. Mix the ghee with one cup of milk everyday to boost the baby’s immunity.
- Ayurvedic oils: Pregnancy can also cause pain in the abdomen area. This can be reduced by massaging your belly with Ayurvedic oil. This calms down your nerves and also helps you relax. Sesame oil and lavender oil are two good choices for this.
- Avoiding morning sickness: Sometimes morning sickness can occur from the sixth week of your pregnancy. Roast and grind cardamom seeds and eat a pinch of it each day. Sip ginger or fennel seed tea to reduce morning sickness.
- Exercise: Pregnancy can make you tired and feel exhausted easily. Practice yoga or go for a walk daily to feel energetic. This is also good for the development of the fetus. Meditation will also help reduce any form of stress and help you deal with the physical and psychological issues of pregnancy.