Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gana Priya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gana PriyaYour feedback matters!
Is vagina can be loose inside without having sex. As during first intercourse my partner said your vagina is loose. Bt I never done sex before then how can be it is. Please given me answer.
14 day of completion of period .unsafe sex. Any chance of pregnancy. If any what to do to avoid pregnancy. 72 hours.
There are diseases which affect us in spite of us trying to keep them away as far as possible and then there are lifestyle diseases, for which we are largely to blame. It can be said that lifestyle diseases are those, which occur on account of the decisions we make and the actions we commit. Having said that, would it not be interesting to know more about lifestyle diseases?
There are various kinds of lifestyle diseases, which affect various parts of the body. For instance, if a person drinks a significant amount of alcohol, more than what he or she should, then he may soon be affected by a lifestyle disease in the form of liver cirrhosis. Apart from just the alcohol, this condition can also be caused on account of chronic hepatitis.
- Stroke: A lot of people are of the opinion that a stroke is something, which only strikes old people. However, this is not correct. In fact, there is quite a bit of trouble can be caused if this opinion is held and people allow themselves to not care enough about their health using this as justification. Statistically, up to 15% of the cases of stroke in a country such as India occur to people who have not even reached the age of 40. Surprising and scary at the same time, isn’t it?
- Kidney problems: When people think of lifestyle diseases, they most likely think of problems, which are related to the heart. While it can be said that a heart attack on account of bad lifestyle choices has the highest visibility, even parts of the body, which are rarely thought of like the kidneys, can kick up trouble in the form of nephritis. So, what exactly happens when a person has nephritis? Simply put, the kidneys swell up and this causes a lot of pain, which could have been avoided with a reasonable amount of foresight and effort. When this occurs, kidneys create trouble when they need to perform their primary function of purifying blood and complications related to the kidneys can really have a magnified impact on other parts of the body.
- Heart disease: Finally, addressing the elephant in the room, when it comes to lifestyle diseases - heart disease. Around 31% of people who die every year worldwide fall prey to it and the main culprits behind heart failures include smoking, diabetes, and very high cholesterol levels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Ladies, it is important that we must take good care of our body, but most of all we must pay specific attention to the health of our vagina. The vagina is a tube-like muscular structure of the female genital tract that extends from the cervix to the vulva. It is a delicate organ which is prone to injuries and infections. Complications related to urination, menstruation and sexual intercourse, all affect the vaginal health.
Here are five questions associated with vaginal problems that are commonly experienced, but rarely discussed:
- Why does it feel itchy before menstruation?
The hormonal cycle reduces the amount of estrogen secreted right before the period starts. This reduces the moisture content of the inner membranes of the vagina; the skin becomes thinner and slightly dry, which can cause itching. However, if the itching and burning sensation is too severe, it could be an infection and should be checked out.
- What is the white discharge?
The greasy white discharge is due to the ovulation cycle. It usually occurs once a month because the amount of secretion increases right before ovulation. Some women may experience this discharge more frequently, but it is nothing to worry about unless there is an unpleasant odor. Odorous discharge could be a sign of bacterial infection.
- How often should you have a vaginal examination?
You should get a vaginal examination at least once a year. This is important for a general health assessment and the prevention of sexually transmitted diseases. If you are using birth control medication, there might be irregularity in the hormonal cycles and this can lead to a number of conditions, another reason to get an annual vaginal examination.
- Does it smell differently at different times?
It usually smells differently for every woman and even that unique smell changes with the cycles of ovulation and menstruation due to changes in the pH level of the vagina. The normal vaginal pH value is between 3.8 and 4.6. Before menstruation, it may smell acidic followed by a bitter smell for a few days after menstruation. It may also smell differently after a workout (due to sweat) or after sex (due to lubrication). However, a foul smell accompanied by discharge, might be a cause for concern.
- Why does it feel dry sometimes?
Vaginal dryness is normally experienced by women after the age of 45 or after pregnancy. However, dryness is also common just before menstruation. It also happens in women who use anti-allergy medications or birth control pills because they cause dryness in all the mucous membranes of the body. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
When it comes to a man's physique, enlarged breasts can be quite embarrassing. This is a condition known as gynecomastia or "men boobs" or " enlarged breast in men" and affects more men than you would imagine. It may affect one or both breasts. It can result in terrible embarrassment, teasing, and social trauma. Many will try to hide it with thick loose shirts, avoid bare chest activities like swimming, exercises etc and withdraw from public exposure.Though it does not pose a significant health risk, it can affect a man's psychological health and lower his self-confidence. The good news is that men suffering from this condition do not need to live with it.
- Male breast reduction surgery or gynecomastia surgery, aims at reconfiguring the contours of a man's chest by removing excess breast fat & if needed extra gland tissues. The only permanent solution to this condition is surgery. This is because fat tissues are not solely responsible for enlarged breasts. Often glandular tissue is present in excessive amounts as well. Patients need careful evaluation by Plastic Surgeon & sometimes if needed by endocrinologist to determine the source of their breast enlargement.
- Gynecomastia surgery is usually a daycare procedure. It is performed by Plastic Surgeons under local anesthesia with liposuction being the most preferred procedure. This procedure begins when the surgeon makes a small incision on each side of the chest. These incisions are usually placed along the natural contours of the body, around the edge of the areola or near the armpit so as to reduce the visibility of scars. Excess fat and glandular tissue are then sucked out of this incision. Simultaneously, the surgeon sculpts the other tissues in the chest to redefine chest contours. Patients are usually advised to wear a compression garment after the surgery to support the healing tissues and minimize swelling.
- Results of this procedure are visible almost immediately. Recovery from gynecomastia surgery is usually quick and many men find themselves back to their normal routine within a few days. However, vigorous exercising and heavy lifting should be avoided for a few weeks after the surgery. The patient may also experience slight soreness and minimal pain that can be relieved with over the counter pain killers.
- The results of this procedure are generally permanent if there are no hormonal abnormalities. It is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid drugs that influence your testosterone levels. Regular exercise can also help tone the chest muscles and maintain the achieved good shape of chest. It is really a very simple but rewarding surgery for the male & it definitely boosts his confidence, body image & self-respect.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!