Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Gestational diabetes is a kind of diabetes that happens during pregnancy. Diabetes is referred to a condition where your blood glucose or blood sugar is very high. Although, glucose is good as it used by your body for energy, but excessive glucose in your blood can be harmful for both you and your child. Gestational diabetes is mostly diagnosed in the later stages of pregnancy. If gestational diabetes is diagnosed in the early stages of pregnancy, then it is quite possible that you may have had diabetes before you became pregnant. Treating gestational diabetes can help both you and your baby stay fit and healthy. You can protect both, yourself and your baby by controlling your blood glucose levels.
Here are 7 things that you need to know about Gestational diabetes:
- Every three to eight out of 100 ladies tend to develop diabetes during pregnancy, a condition known as gestational diabetes. Fortunately, it can be dealt with and even kept away by maintaining healthy lifestyle choices. Eating leafy foods and avoiding sugar-rich things, is a vital step for both control and counteractive action. Exercise, after consulting your doctor can guarantee that you have a healthy pregnancy.
- In diabetes, when your body's glucose or sugar levels get so high that the carbohydrates and sugars cannot be converted into energy, the excess starts accumulating in your body. This additional glucose can harm the vessels in your kidneys and all through your body, particularly in organs like eyes.
- Two or three factors might cause danger for creating gestational diabetes, both inside and outside of your control. If you are overweight before you get pregnant or while you are pregnant or your family history shows that you are hereditarily inclined to the sickness, you will probably build up the condition.
- One will have to stay on the right path as far as medication and insulin goes. Your specialist may prescribe that you require diabetic pills or insulin to help you control your glucose levels.
- Your weight can bring about complexities during the delivery in case of gestational diabetes. So it is best to keep your weight in check in order to have a smooth sailing pregnancy and delivery.
- Gestational diabetes can likewise put ladies at risk of contracting preeclampsia, which can bring about a number of side effects and complexities. Side effects brought on may start from swollen feet, legs, fingers, and hands to hypertension and even seizures or strokes.
- Apart from the risks of having gestational diabetes during your pregnancy, it might affect the child later on. Your baby may have a higher danger of obesity as it develops, both in the teenage years and youth. Youngsters who are overweight may suffer from type 2 Diabetes in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist and ask a free question.
Due to big cyst in stomach, my left Fallopian tube was removed, now remaining both ovary and right Fallopian tube are healthy, now I want to ask, now i am planing to conceive, we are trying from last three months, but no result. Kindly suggest.
I am 31 weeks of pregnant and last two days I feel my baby's keeping kicking my lower abdomen and I feel to pee however if I try to pee it stops by few drops, also let me know it s advisable to go for a long travel by car.
I am 24 years old, I missed my periods. I checked using pregnancy testing kit. It shows positive with two pink lines. I am unable to give birth to my baby due to my higher studies. My husband bought me misoprostol for abortion. But I don't know how to do it? Even I can't ask anyone, they won't allow it, please mam guide for medical abortion.
Hello Doctor, I would like to know what is the safest and no side effects sex tablet that I can give to my girlfriend as she wants to have sex? Please suggest the best medicine that would work on her. My girlfriend would be 30 in sep.
Good health is a big issue in our sedentary lifestyles and whenever a person thinks about getting back in shape, the key areas he/she focuses on is nutrition and exercise. However, there are a number of other areas which are deeply linked to our general well-being and these are often overlooked. Here are the four additional health areas which play an important role in keeping you fit and healthy:
1. Effective Stress Management
A majority of people believe that their daily exercise regime also simultaneously acts as their stress buster. However, exercise only stimulates the sympathetic nervous system of the brain. In order to elicit a response from the parasympathetic nervous system; you need to indulge in certain relaxing activities such as meditation, listening to music, yoga etc.
2. Healthy Sleep Pattern
Maintaining a healthy sleep pattern is a must, as sleep deprivation greatly alters your hormones and results in an increased caloric intake. It has been proven to alter the hormones ghrelin and leptin, which ultimately leads to obesity. Moreover, prolonged exposure to artificial light hinders the functioning of the scn (suprachiasmatic nucleus); the part of brain responsible for maintaining a 24-hour cycle for the hormones of your body.
3. Building Social Relationships
Meeting friends and family regularly, chatting with them and spending time with them is as important as exercising or having a proper diet. The release of oxytocin, an immunoregulatory hormone, has been linked to social interactions.
4. Adequate Dose of Vitamin D
Although it is well-known that vitamin d helps build immunity against certain diseases such as cancer, heart problems and osteoporosis; it has been found that it may also play an important role in controlling our dietary habits. Research has shown that vitamin d regulates your consumption of food by acting as an energy homeostatic hormone present in the hypothalamus.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hello Doctor, I am Rathna, i am 32yrs old, i get pain in right side of my stomach sometimes left side as well , is that due to kidney problems? if i have too much of water ,i need to go to toilet often,and sometimes it is uncontrolable also.I need any checkup or i can treat myself by having good food ,veggies and fruits.Please suggest me if i can cure myself by doing yoga or exercise or any mudras. Will this side pain will be a problem if i concieve? please let me know. Thanks Rathna
My wife is pregnant (6 weeks) and we want to do abortion . What will be the best medicine and procedure to be followed.
I had sex last month and This month I am one week late in period. I am single and very worried and do not want to get pregnant. Please suggest what should I do.
One touch verio flex glucometer fits comfortably into your hand and lets you get on with the moment. You can also rest assured that one touch verio test strips have the lowest co-pay on the most health plans.
Colorsure technology instantly shows when your blood glucose results are low, in range high.
Compact, slim design that's easy to take with you accuracy you can rely on.
One touch verio flex glucometer works with one touch verio test strips
Test time: 5 seconds power source: cr2032 coin cellbattery life: not specifiedmemory: 500automatic shutoff: 2 minutes after last action
Temperature: 6-44 caltitude: up to 10, 000 feet. Up to 3048 metersrelative humidity: non-condensing 10-90%hematocrit: 20-60%
Individual unit weight: approximately 1.76 ounces.
Individual unit dimensions: 2.05 x 3.38 x 0.63
Contents of the box
One touch verio flex one touch delica lancing device 10 one touch delica lancets carrying case one touch verio flex owner's booklet one touch verio flex getting started guide
Price - inr -1750/- (with 10 one touch verio test strips free)