Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My baby is 4 month old. He can't drink top feed sometime he drink it but sometime he can't hold bottle's nipple in his mouth. He through out nipple with his tongue. Can you tell me what I can do?
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
My son is now 18 month .usko karib 2 month se constipation ki problem h.latrine bahut tight hota h use bahut pain v hota h black latrine karta h.jab uska kal chek up karwaya to Dr. Ne ise blood ki kami bataya. Bt doc ne avi blood banne ka koi medicine nhi diya h.wo avi sirf ek neopeptine or laxil syrup diya or 5 days me waapas check up k liye bulaya. Mujhe aapse v help chahiye aap kuch uske diet k liye help karo or blood fast banne ka v kuch upay batao. Because Im very worry about my son .uski health bahut hi down ho gyi h.uski weight v kafi kam h 12 kg. Kya usr junior horlicks diya ja sakta h.or ek din me food k saath milk kitna amount me de sakte h. .pls rply?
My son is 7 years old, for the last 3 years he is suffering from milk intolerance. Time and again his tummy gets upset. Sometimes pain, sometimes gas, sometimes loose motion. He is week and does not eat quantity. Eats but small meals. Please Advice
I have 9 month old baby he did not pass motion since 2 days. But today he pass motion in stool form. Is this serious. What should I do please suggest.
My son says that his right side nipple is paining while sleeping. What may be the reason? He has no fever, no swelling any where in body. Nothing. Is there any serious issue?
My son is aged 12 years but he is very slim and short in comparison to his age group friends. He also throw out a lot of saliva from mouth while sleeping. Suggest some homeopathic treatment.
Hello. I have given Syrup Duphalac to my 3 years old daughter Zahra for constipation for past 3 days But the stool still seems to be hard and she is having pain it seems and hence has not passed stool for past 3 days. Pls advise.
Doctor. My twin girls are 2.8 years old. They are saying stomach pain before passing motion and sometime in the night also. Both of them are having constipation problem since starting. Very poor eating habit and not taking proper diet even if introduce new and attractive food items. Please advise what could be the reason for stomach pain. Should I do any further test? My paediatrician gave them loose syrup still they are passing motion tight. Please advise.
My daughters (twins) 2 months old is refusing to breast feed after introducing them to bottle a week back (for supplement). What r the ways to make them breastfeed again?
Hi, My baby is 3 months old he's exclusively on breastfeed and once a while I give him formula milk. I need to leave him and go for 2 nights. Is it advisable to leave and go the baby also does that affect the milk supply of the mother child breast feeding relation?
I have a son of 4 years and he is showing with a strange symptom when he is awake in the morning his hands are shiver a little bit but after some time he is fine can any one tell me why this happens.
Dr. Her auditory and BERA reports are normal. But unable to listen .normally. Hearing aids are also not prescribed to her. Please tell me what is the problem and the best treatment to cure it.
When my nephew reading something he is feeling headache and feeling dark in front of my eyes mean to says fainting something age is 10 year.
My son is 5 years old and he has white blood cell count is 15800 and s. G. P. T is 50. 4. What does this mean. What will be the deaseas?
The newborn are often extremely susceptible to fatal diseases and the first few months of the infant's life calls for uncompromised care and vigilance. One of the most precarious diseases afflicting the newborn babies are chronic lung disorders. This condition mainly emanates from a damage to the lung tissue, which results in breathing troubles. Under such circumstances, the lung may collapse, being filled with fluids and end up oozing out harmful mucus. While a severe form of such lung diseases may often result in the death of the infant, in most cases the infants outgrow the disease and with proper care, grow up to lead a healthy life.
Most chronic lung diseases in infants are congenital and are spurred by a variety of causes:
- Premature delivery: Chronic lung diseases are recurrent in babies born prematurely, i.e. before the lapse of at least 26 weeks of gestation age. Underweight infants also run the risk of suffering from this ailment. The lungs are not able to develop fully in such situations as a result of which they become prone to respiratory distresses. Another allied trigger to Chronic Lung Disease is the use of ventilation on the premature babies. The forced breathing and imposed oxygen levels induced by ventilators often impair normal lung functions in babies.
- Fluids in the lungs: Certain babies are either born with or develop a condition where fluids accumulate in the lungs. This inflicts a lot of damage to the lungs and leads to such diseases.
- Respiratory Infections: Some babies are likely to acquire lung infections from certain disease causing viruses. This largely handicaps the normal lung functions.
- Heart conditions: Abnormal blood circulation in the heart also stimulates lung diseases in newborns. If the heart is unable to regulate the flow of blood to the lungs properly, then the chances of such diseases increase by leaps and bounds.
- Inhaling harmful foreign materials: Certain particles often affect the health of the lungs tremendously. Exposure to meconium during delivery might result in the inflammations that potentially injure the lung tissues.
- Nutrition deficiencies: If an infant's body lacks vital nutrients, it may result in a condition of malnutrition. Lack of vitamin A may cause chronic lung diseases.
Chronic Lung Diseases are usually recoverable with early detection and appropriate treatment. However, one needs to meticulously cater to the health needs of the baby, in order to ensure complete recovery and avert recurrence.