Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G ShanthaYour feedback matters!
When I am having sex with my wife she is not interested to do sex? She always refuses fir sex. Give me the suggestion so that we both can enjoy the sex.
Unless semen is inserted inside a women's vagina the girl can't get pregnant? As doctors say that sperm cannot pass through clothes.
Will I be pregnant? If yes, then what should I do to prevent it? My boyfriend and I didn't have sex but his condom came out while I was rubbing his penis on my clit but it wasn't erect and neither did he ejaculate. Though I had ejaculated that time. So I am worried that I'll be pregnant. Please clear my doubts and help me. If I will be should I consume an emergency contraceptive pill or not? This happened on 25th December, 2016. I have my periods either in 28 days or sometimes 30. Last time I had in 30 days and before that in 28 days. This Friday i.e. 30th December will be my 28th day and 1st January, 2017 will be my 30th day. So, if I'm not pregnant my periods will start this week, right? If it is a little late by a few days, it won't mean na that I'm pregnant? Because I'm kinda of stressed out right now. If I get plmy periods this week or a little late (by a few days) I don't need to take home pregnancy test na? My boyfriend said that I don't need to worry because he did not ejaculate and neither his penis was erect. His penis had I guess hardly touched my clit after the condom was out. I'm not sure of that either as we had freaked out that time. Please help me. I have a lot of confusion and Internet just increases them. Please provide me correct explanation and solution.
Hi I am 6w4d pregnant. N Dr. Told me that my baby's heartbeat is 117 which is low. So wat care to be taken.
Hi home made sugar test for pregnancy is really accurate? Some websites is written home made sugar and bleach tests are accurate. Is it true?
The first 12 weeks of your pregnancy is a super important period when your pregnancy gets established and stabilized. There are so many little exciting and not so exciting changes happening in your body that it'll simply leave you amazed. If this is your first pregnancy and you are wondering what to expect, here is a quick view:
1. The big discovery: This is one of the most trying times in a woman's life when her mind is swinging, wondering if those periods just decided to postpone themselves or if there is an exciting reason behind the miss. This period is often spent wondering when exactly is the right time to do your first pregnancy test. The opinion on this varies a lot. Some women have been able to detect their pregnancy even before they missed their period. Others have got a false negative one week after missing their periods. The safest bet is to wait for around 8 days after your missed period and do a blood HCG test which gives a sure shot confirmation. And that moment when you find out and share with your spouse is something you'll treasure for life. There really is no feeling in the world that can match knowing that a small little life is taking shape inside you.
2. The good and not so good changes: Though the kicking doesn't begin until later and the belly doesn't show, there are enough changes in your body to wonder what the little one is up to.
a. Morning sickness: One of the unfriendly side effects of pregnancy generally kicks in early during the first trimester. Unfortunately, it doesn't just last in the morning but mostly throughout the day. Some smells also trigger the feeling of nausea. Having small meals and keeping a good scent handy may help.
b. Mood swings: You can go from the heights of euphoria to the depths of depression with the speed of a roller coaster. The spouse is often the one bearing the brunt of this side effect leaving them confused. It is best to keep them in the loop so that they can take it to their stride and comfort you when you need it the most.
c. Weight loss / gain: Though it is too early to pile on the pounds, your first trimester will see you gain a few pounds. In other cases, appetite loss and nausea may actually result in some weight loss. Keep your daily calorie intake in check during this period and concentrate on eating nutritious food with extra pregnancy sustaining supplements.
3. Your baby's growth: In your first trimester, your baby goes from a single cell to a peach sized bundle that sprouts arms, legs, hands, feet, fingers and toes. And that first heartbeat - you are bound to skip a heartbeat when you hear that.
We tried to conceive on 13th 14th 15th day after the count of 16th april(first day of my period) as per my doc suggestion later she told me to take duphaston from 1st april twice a day for 10 days its 13th today haven' t got my periods yet last time my periods started the day I ended duphaston. I took upt test as well but it came negative am I taking test too early or is it right time and it is giving right result? should I wait for more 10 days before another test or what? am confused I do want to conceive but dont know if I am taking right steps or not? am getting white vaginal discharge as well which is first time. Please guide me am I pregnant or not? what are other ways to confirm pregnancy
My 9 th month pregnancy is going on. I am facing pain under right breast. I did abdomen ultrasound. Dr. said I have hydronephrosis in right kidney and kidney size is 64 128 mm. Please give me suggestion? I need any medicine or not. And other important suggestions.
I am having irregular periods -diagnosed with pcod. I was consulting Dr. on regular basis when ever I fcae a irregularity went through frequent thyroid tests (normal levels) n took medication like crisanta for six months after few months again irregularity raised then took primolut n for two months with a time gap again this month period has not come yet. What to do (i m doing exercise regularly. Can there be any permanent stop to this problem. I am vexd with all this medications n consulting dr's oftenly please Help me out by suggesting. A right course of action. Plz.
My age is 39 Specimen: FNAC LATERAL SIDE NECK I have diagnosis for granulomatous LYMPHADENITIS WITH NECROSIS (TUBERCULAR) Local doctor have advised for 6 month DOTs treatment, can you please tell me more about this, is this right to continue treatment for such a long time.
Me and my girlfriend fingered each other I dnt know whether there was semen on my hand but she got her period can she be pregnant?
I am 18 years old female. Height 5 feet 5 inches. Weight 60 kg. I have irregular periods from starting i.e, since five years, which lasts for 10 days every time. Recently I had my periods lasted for 10 days and again with 7 days gap I had my periods which again lasted for 10 days. And from then daily a little brownish discharge is seen. I ll have very heavy bleeding for 5 - 7 days and the rest with normal bleeding. I am having body pains during my periods. Not able to concentrate on my studies even. What should do to get rid of this. And y is this happening to me.
I m planning to go for worship at vaishnav devi on 16 th of dec. But afaird of my periods. My regular date was 3rd of every month now its delayed what so I do. Any medicine or any remedy for it.
I experience Burning sensation inside my vagina After having sex with my boy frnd. Frequent urination also common during that time. We use to have occasional intercourse and this burning was common earlier during hot summer days. Now is this because of summer days or due to sexual intercourse. Please help me to get rid off this. Thank you.
Meri partner ko 7 month chal rha hai pregnancy ka, kya mai sex kar sakta hun Koi problem to nahi hai.
I'm 20 years old super skinny girl (naturally), trying to put on some muscle mass. Since 2 years I'm having a problem of white discharge. Just wanted to know that is white discharge responsible for my skinny body?
Hi. I am 20 years old and. I have a problem of periods pain. My hands and feet has cold in time of periods and more pain in stomach. Please give me suggestion.
A mundane life is something every person dreads. While people fail to find time to indulge in modes of entertainment regularly, there's a handy way to relieve them of stress. The key to remedy their woes is in their own hands. If you have been trying to reach after such a solution for long, forget the forage and laugh your way to glory. Hundreds of people, consciously or unconsciously, have been benefitted by the positive effects of laughter. So, the next time you see a swarm of people laughing in the nearby park you should probably join them.
The following statistics state the health benefits of laughter:
- Laughing can help you burn calories: If you want to burn some calories the easiest way is to laugh for more than a while. Laughing for a few minutes can effectively burn ten to forty kilocalories. In order to make this kind of progress last, a person needs to laugh for an hour each day. Laughing can also reduce fifty percent of your anxiety thus heightening your energy levels.
- Laughing allows you to see from a different perspective: Being absorbed in your subjective perspective can be very bad for the decisions you make. Humor encourages you to maintain constructive distance from a problem in order to come up with a different perspective. In over seventy percent cases of clinical depression, humor has prevented patients from being overwhelmed by occurrences.
- Your cardiac health can be improved through humor: Being happy keeps your heart happy. So many people cannot workout even if they wish to. Severe injuries or other illnesses could hinder a person's intention of exercising regularly. They should laugh to treat their cardiac conditions. Laughing can make your heart pump as much as walking at an unhurried pace does.
- Laughter can increase the number of T cells: T cells are cells that make up a person's immune system. Laughing puts T cells in action and they immediately start defending your body against infections and diseases. Laughing can treat sixty percent of the common diseases human beings contract. One can deal with the threat of common cold or viral fever through his or her knack for humor.
- Laughter can deal with hypertension: Hypertension is a threatening condition faced by millions. Not caring for high blood pressure levels can result either in a stroke or a heart attack. The simple way to control hypertension is to laugh as much as possible.