Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G ShanthaYour feedback matters!
Brown spotting at 6 week pregnancy even after getting progesterone injection.can it be vaginal infection please suggest what reason behind it.
I hv had my periods on 8 Dec but my nxt period not come yet. Today is 34th day. My cycle is 26-28 days but my last cycle is of 32 days. I also take a home pregnancy test it is negative. please give me any suggestion.
My girl frnd she is suffering frm irregular periods and even since from 5months her periods was not der. She is taking tension so plzz suggest me.
So you have just found out that you are pregnant and you and your partner are over the moon about it! While congratulations are in order, so are a host of tips, which will help you settle into the pregnancy. It is important to remember that the first trimester of your pregnancy is a crucial phase where you may not change that much physically, but will be prone to many emotional changes. It is also a phase where you will make way for the changes that will inevitably come in the next two trimesters and for a long time after delivery of the baby too. Read on to unravel our first trimester guide.
- Pregnancy Test: You must ensure that you know you are pregnant by monitoring your menstrual cycles closely so that even one missed period points at the possibility of pregnancy. This test can be a home based kit available at the chemists' or can even be conducted with a lab test based on a urine sample. Despite the results that you may get on a home pregnancy test, it is best to get a professional opinion as well.
- Finding the Right Doctor: In this phase of your pregnancy itself, it is imperative to home in on a gynaecologist who will put you ease. Take care to pick someone who may be recommended by family and friends. Have a talk with the doctor a few times to see how well he or she engages you as a patient and if you are suitably convinced with the sessions and appointments.
- Activity: While heavy activities may not be recommended by all doctors as the foetus needs to latch on, one can indulge in plenty of walks and a normal routine as well. Ensure that your pregnancy is a normal one and ask your doctor about any precautions that you may need to take with the progressing trimesters. Also, find ways to deal with any morning sickness with the help of the doctor.
- Supplements: In this crucial phase, ensure that your doctor gives you plenty of folic acid supplements that you must ingest on a regular basis. This will keep any risk of neural tube birth defects at bay.
- Other Medications: Find out more about over the counter drugs or any medication that you may have been taking as this may have to be stopped or adjusted for the pregnancy. The doctor should be able to guide you on this aspect too.
The other activities during the first trimester include taking pre natal appointments and choosing and interacting with your caregiver who will also be a support after you have had the baby.
Related Tip: "First Trimester Pregnancy - What to Expect"
For many people, popping a calcium tablet is something which has benefits, but at the same time does no harm. After all, who does not want to have strong bones and healthy teeth? The unfortunate part is that things are not so simple and a lot of research has debunked this.
Take, for example, the findings that when an old woman has calcium, the fracture rates are not all that different as compared to one who has not had calcium supplements. In addition to this, it was also found as part of a study that there is no positive impact on the mineral density of the hip.
As a matter of fact, calcium tablets and supplements can pose a significant risk, as well. While it is true that calcium does help in the effort of getting heart disease, an amount which is greater than the dietary limit does not. Actually, the excess calcium may increase the risk. This is true when it comes to calcium from supplements and not calcium which is absorbed by the way of food. So, what sort of additional risk is there? A study found that people who receive calcium from a tablet or another similar source have about a 140% greater chance of a heart attack!
How much is too much?
A thousand milligrammes of calcium in excess of the requirement on a daily basis is said to increase the risk of death from CVD or cardiovascular disease by about a fifth. Not a trivial amount, by any measure.
But why does this happen?
The key to answering this question comes from how the calcium is absorbed by the body. When calcium from food is eaten, the rate of it being released is a lot slower as compared to calcium from tablets. Also, when there is excess calcium, it is not absorbed and kept in reserve by the body but is excreted in the form of urine. So, this calcium going through the kidneys can cause some trouble there, as well!
Yes or No?
So, what is to be done in order to make sure one is having a sufficient amount of calcium? Well, there are a lot of sources and consuming things such as dairy products and fish, along with dark leafy vegetables are some great ways to get natural calcium. Only if a person has very low calcium levels should calcium tablets be consumed? It is well worth remembering that too much of a good thing is a bad thing! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hello madam/sir. I want to ask you that my mom's having CA right breast cancer. She is under treatment taking herceptin Injection along with saline once in a month. Suddenly she got feel paining on her left upper chest just upper portion from the left breast. What should we do is that heart disease? She has back thought out pain also. Spinal cord. Now seriously scared about that coz of cancer? Kindly help us.
My wife have abnormal periods for last two month 28 oct then 11nov then 24 nov then 12 dec Please tell me what may be the reason.
Hi mam ,meri shaadi 2013 me hui h ab tk koi baccha nhi h .meri friend ne ek process k bare me bataya I.U.I process k baare me bataya h, uski ek Baar process hui magar wo ek month k baad hi fail ho gyi thi .uske baad usne wohi process ghar me ki apne husband k sperm le k disposal syringe me daal k apne utress me insert kar k inject kiya n she got pregnant. Usne mujhe bhi aisi Salah di h.kya aise ghar me ki gyi process (i.u.i) se ghar me pregnant hone k chances hote h?
I have done sex with my gf. She has taken ipill after 72 hours. We have done 3 times but only second time we have done unprotected. Kindly guide. Any other pill or anything which reduces chances of pregnancy.
Hello, my age is 23 my Menstrual cycle is 30days we are taking fertility treatment from past 4 months. Monthly conducted follicular study. All my test reports are normal. My egg quality and endometrium thickness also good on every month. We intercousing as per doctors scheduled time. But why didn't I get pregnant my husband spem count is 34 millions. Please advice me how can I get pregnancy early.
I am 33 F and have been diagnosed with Focal adenomyosis and bowel endometriosis. I have been trying to conceive for last 3 years. Kindly advise as to what Ayurvedic supplements I can take to conceive. Thanks.
Namasty sir, I am 25 years old and I am female. Yesterday I did sonography but I have a problem I am not understanding the meaning of minimum free fluid in POD and in utres 7.5×4.3×3.3 cm or BT=6.7 mm.
My mother has burning sensation on the left side of her head. What is this and what is its treatment?
1. Eat for good vision: green leafy vegetables, tuna, eggs, nuts, beans, oranges and other citrus fruits.
2. Quite smoking.
3. Wear sunglasses, uv protection
4. Avoid eyestrain.