Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. G.L. ArunkumarYour feedback matters!
Sir, my eye is reddish from tomorrow but no any problem with my eye sight. There is no any problem earlier in my eye so please tell me what should I do.
Hello, am 21 age year old and since 2010 i'd been used to wear spectacles, and now I really want to remove this. I can't handle this anymore its so, irritating me I don't even have any girlfriend, this specs are curse for me. Please doctors suggest me what should I do for removing the spectacles, and there is under eye dark circles. What do I do for remove this. It will be so helpful for me.
I am a diabetic patient for the last 18 years. So far no problem. Now eyes have a black dot like during the last 3 months which decreases my sight. No eye glass worn so far. What medicines I have to take for eye problem being affected by diabetes?
I am a myopic patient and my eye power increasing gradually. I want to fix this big problem with some surgery like LASIK or laser etc. I want to know what is cost of surgery, good hospital names and surgery limitations also. My recent eye power is (–3.5,–3.25). Can you please help me with this?
I am a 18 years old boy some times a fell serious headache. Mostly during winter please suggest me what I should do, should there is any thing related of headache with my eyes, should I go for spectacles. Or Not?
My sister has been suffering from eye problem. She has blurred vision due to a scar on retina. Doctors diagnosed her with Macular pucker. They also said that it doesn't have any treatment. What will we do now?
Sir , I am experiencing blurred vision (right eye), is there any permanent solution to cure by using medicines without using glasses.
I have a problem with my eye I can not able to see the thing near to me I have very much problem when reading.
Sir I have problem eyes and ears. While I work for 2 or 3 hours eyes gets wet. This problem persist for 4 years. Also ear get pains while listen loud sound.
Sir mujhe eyes ke upper wale jaha eye bro hai waha sojan rahne lag gayi or mujhe pairo ke taluo me bhi pshina aata hai please tell me suggestion.
Hello. This is me. Roumya. I want to know how to make my eyesight better? I'm only 17 years old. N I'm having blurred vision.
I have problems in sunlight and strong lights. It stress my eyes and I feel I am in very bright condition even there is not much light. What should I do?
The cornea is a highly organized and advanced tissue present in the eye. It is one of the few tissues in the body that doesn't contain any blood vessels. It nourishes itself from the aqueous humor (or tears). The cornea has three different layers with two membranes embedded in it. Every membrane has its own set of functions.
Here is a list of 10 important facts about the cornea and corneal diseases:
- The cornea plays a pivotal role in helping the eye to focus on the light rays that enter it. Approximately 70 percent of the focusing power comes from the cornea. The cornea, along with the lens, is responsible for reflection and refraction in the eye.
- The epithelium is the outermost layer of the cornea. It restricts the entry of foreign particles into the eye and absorbs oxygen. This membrane is followed by the Bowman's membrane. The third layer is known as the stroma. It is responsible for the eye's elasticity and strength. The fourth layer is called the Descemet's membrane. This is a protective layer that safeguards the eye from any injury. The last layer is known as the endothelium. The primary task of this layer is to pump excess fluid into the other layers of the eye.
- Tears play a key role for an eye to function properly. Tears have three layers, namely lipid, aqueous and mucin. It helps the eye to heal any possible wounds and infection.
- The cornea, for the most part, heals by itself. Deeper injuries of the cornea can result in vision loss. Some of the common symptoms of corneal diseases are light sensitivity, pain in the eye, redness and reduced vision.
- The most common of eye allergies are caused due to pollen. This often happens when the weather is dry or warm. Some common symptoms include burning sensation, redness, tearing and stinging.
- The eye encounters a condition called 'dry eye' wherein the quantity of tears reduces, thereby creating a problem for lubrication. An ophthalmologist should be immediately consulted if this condition is encountered.
- Corneal dystrophy is a condition that clouds the cornea. It is a gradual progression and often affects both the eyes. It is usually inherited and can affect healthy individuals as well.
- Keratoconus is an eye condition that thins the cornea over a period of time. It is mostly prevalent among young adults. This condition results in changing the shape of the cornea and development of an outward bulge.
- Shingles is a recurrence of the viral infection caused by the Vatic El - La Zoster Virus. This virus has the capability to remain dormant inside the eye. It can become active after many years of dormancy and affect the cornea by travelling through the optic nerve. Doctors mostly prescribe an oral antiviral treatment to avoid inflammation.
- Some advanced treatment for corneal diseases includes corneal transplant surgery, anterior lamellar keratoplasty and endothelial lamellar keratoplasty