Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G.K.Kumar
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. G.K.KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year old female and since 2 years I experience pain in my left knee and left feet after I walk or stand for a very long period of time.(I wear 1-2" heels since 2 years) Also, I sometimes experience pain in left ear after a shower, cold weather or exposure to sun. Does these two have a connection? Should I visit a doctor?
Whether daily intake of calcium tablets is beneficial for knee joint pains and how long this may be continued without specific advice of a doctor. If yes, is there any specific one which can be taken without any side effect.
Many back exercises can help strength the spinal column and the supporting muscle ligament's and tendons. Most of these back exercise focus not only on the back but also the abdominal muscle and gluteus hip muscles.they provided strong support for the spine, keeping it in alignment and facilitating movement.
strengthening exercise is important to rehabilitation success The most successful rehabilitation programs understand movement and function require strength.Strength exercise using resistance machine during rehabilitation is helpful because activity level can be accurate measured.
Spine extension exercise are back strength exercise that are very important in counter balancing the many forward bending exercise it can use to strengthen for back muscle, prevent back pain, and promote muscular development front to back .
1-Lie on your stomach with your legs together. Arms along your sides.
2-Lift your abdominal muscle away from the mat.
3-Exhale: Keep your abdominal muscles pulled in extend energy through your spine and out the top of your head to lift your upper body slightly off the mat.
4-Your shoulder blade will slide down your back as your arms reach behind you like they are being blown back. Your head is an extension of your spine. Your gaze will be down .
5- Inhale:Pause Exhale : lengthen and lower Your body to the floor.
Popping sound came from my knee when I squat and I have no pain in my knees so why these sound came? How to stop it.
I started to feel the occurrence of haemorrhoid around 45 days back. I tried doing every possible thing for the first five days. Then I took Duphalac syrup and Anobliss cream. After that I hv been taking proper ayurvedic treatment whether arshkalp or pileclide or some arshras and syrups and almost everything. Still nothing worked. Dying of pain. Can not work walk or sit. Is there something which can cure it instantly.
I am 30 years old female. I have headache and shoulder back ache pain. Last 4 month Not relief what l should do now.
Knee pain or injuries are very common and have numerous causes. Knee pain can emerge from delicate tissue wounds like ligament sprains and muscle strains. Bone conditions like knee joint pain, Osgood Schlatters, and biomechanical dysfunction can also cause knee pain. Treatment can include basic knee mobilization techniques, taping, massages or knee strengthening exercises completely through a careful recovery method after knee replacement or reconstruction.
Physiotherapy can help you overcome the pain and increase your strength and flexibility. A physiotherapist can suggest you a number of treatments and also help you understand your issue and get you back to your everyday routine. Physiotherapists are said to be successful in getting rid of the source of the knee pain by diagnosing a cause. This includes tightness around the knee and treating it with stretching and exercises.
Following are some of the exercises a physiotherapist might generally recommend for knee pain:
- Hamstring stretch: Stretching keeps you flexible and increases your scope of movement, or how far you can move your joints in different directions. It additionally helps you reduce your chances of injuries and pain. Continuously warm up with a five minute walk first. Lie down when you are prepared to stretch your hamstring. Circle a bed sheet around your right foot, use the sheet to pull the leg up and hold for twenty seconds and then lower the leg. Repeat twice and switch legs.
- Calf stretch: Use a chair for balance. Bend your left leg. Step back with your right leg and gradually straighten it behind you. Press your left heel toward the floor. You should feel the stretch in the calf of your back leg. Hold for 20 seconds. Repeat twice and then switch legs.
- Straight leg raise: It helps build muscle strength to give support to the weak joints. Lie on the floor. Twist your left knee, foot on the floor. Keep the right leg straight, toes pointed up. Tighten your thigh muscles and raise your right leg.
- Quad set: With these, you don't raise your leg. Just tighten the thigh muscles, also called the quadriceps, of one leg at once. Begin by lying on the floor. Keep both legs on the ground, loose. Flex and hold the left leg tense for five seconds and then relax. Do three sets of ten repetitions. Switch legs after every set.
- Cushion squeeze: This move strengthens your legs from the inside so that they can support the knees. Lie on your back, both knees facing inwards. Place a cushion or a pillow between the knees. Press your knees together, squishing the cushion between them. Hold for five seconds and then relax. Do three sets of ten repetitions. Switch legs after every set.
- Heel raise: Stand tall and hold the back of a seat for support. Lift your heels off the ground and rise on the toes of both feet. Hold for three seconds. Gradually lower both heels to the ground. Do three sets of ten repetitions. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!