Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G.K. JaikaranYour feedback matters!
I have a ganglion cyst on my left hand wrist, it will get pain sometimes to me. So I consulted doctor, he said surgery is the better option. So I was not ready to get it done. And I consulted one more doctor, he said to get dissolve with injection. I am totally confused. Which is tje better one?
My age is 19 year old my problem some basic I do not understood this problem. My hair something white. My hairs before time gir raha hai I do not uses any medicine Next problem My foot skin is white in any season No only winter season I very bad felling this problem please help me I aspect to perfect solution you Please help any members,
Feeling acidic after eating a heavy meal can often make you regret those last few morsels. This acidic sensation is known as acid reflux or Gastroesophageal reflux disease, better known as GERD. GERD occurs when the functioning of the lower oesophagus muscles is restricted. This makes the undigested food in the stomach and stomach acids leak back into the oesophagus.
Thankfully, this is not something you have to live with and a few simple lifestyle changes can help resolve the situation.
- Do not lie down after eating: When your body is in a horizontal position, there are higher chances of food being regurgitated into the oesophagus. To avoid this, finish your meals at least 3 hours before going to bed. Sit upright while eating and do not lie down or slouch immediately after eating. This gives the food time to be digested and move out of the stomach.
- Limit your food intake: Overeating is one of the most common triggers of GERD. Cutting down your portion sizes can instantly reduce the number of GERD occurrences. Instead of eating large, heavy meals, shorten the duration between meals and have more frequent small meals.
- Avoid foods that trigger acidity: With time, you will soon realise which types of foods trigger an acidic reaction. Some common triggers are onions, peppermint, caffeine, citrus fruits etc. Keeping a diary can help identify such foods and ease your problem.
- Quit Smoking: Nicotine not only harms your lungs, but can affect your digestive system as well. It is responsible for weakening the muscles that control the opening between the stomach and oesophagus. This allows stomach acids and food from the stomach to re-enter the oesophagus. Alcohol can also worsen GERD symptoms and hence it is better to avoid alcohol is you suffer from frequent bouts of acid reflux.
- Lose weight: Overeating, obesity and acid reflux go hand in hand. Being overweight can put extra pressure on your stomach and abdomen, thus pushing food and gastric juices into the oesophagus. Losing this extra weight should effectively resolve your acid reflux problem if you are overweight.
- Look at your medications: Some types of medication too can cause acid reflux by interfering with the digestive system and irritating the oesophagus. These types of medication include blood pressure medication, asthma medication, Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, bisphosphonates, sedatives and painkillers. Do not simply stop taking these medications, but talk to a doctor about replacing them with something else.
I have an anal tag it pains when stretches. Earlier there was lot of pain but now the pain level has dropped a lot, but still sometimes it pains. I took enzomac plus with shield ointment and sits bath. Sitz bath helped me (I feel so. I don't want to go for surgery and all. Can I be ok with medicine? Which numbs the pain.
I want to change my nose shape through plastic surgery. Did it possible that what shape I want done with plastic surgery? please help and also explain the full expenditure from starting to last Please reply fast!
On my face dryness very much. Small small spots are created for dryness. Use many creams, many facewash. Some time after wash the face jalan i. E reddish in colour in dry ness place. Please ask how remove the dryness.
I have a wart kind of thing in my face, please find attached pic of same. I consulted a dermatologist earlier, he tried to burn it 4 times but it used to grow again and he also tried with nitrogen to freeze it but no success. For past 6 months I am having homeopathy treatment but same story no improvement. Please guide me what to do.
I am 27 year old female. Unmarried. I am suffering from external hemorrhoids. Not bleeding, only itching from last 30 days. Lumps near or around the anus. I am taking Pilex tablet from yesterday. Let me know how I get rid of hemrroids. How many days it will take.
Why do feet stink?
Smelly feet can be a cause of great embarrassment and discomfort for anyone. Also known as bromodosis, the primary cause of smelly feet is the sweat glands in your feet. This part of the human body has more sweat glands than anywhere else in the body. Additionally, compared to sweat glands in the other parts of the body that secrete to control your body temperature when exposed to hot weather or while exercising, the sweat glands in your feet produce perspiration all the time.
When this happens, bacteria living on your skin break down the perspiration that oozes from your skin pores and a cheese-like smell is produced as the sweat gets broken down by the bacteria.
Apart from the explanation of the origin of this kind of smell, the causes that lead to you having smelly feet are:
- Wearing the same footwear on a daily basis and not letting them dry
- Poor hygiene habits like not washing your feet and drying them thoroughly
- Changes in the body's hormones level especially during pregnancy and puberty
- Too much stress
- Hyperhidrosis (a condition wherein you sweat excessively)
- Athlete's foot (infection of the soles of the feet and between the toes)