Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Breast lumps
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Urine Stone
Submit a review for Dr. G. GopalaswamyYour feedback matters!
My leaf's are black and crack at lest one time in a month. Person suggest that I am smoking. What I do for my leaf's.
I have lots of pimples on my face, I tried many creams and facewash but -Ve. So please suggest me some tips or names of some medicines, my skin is oily skin.
I am 24 years old female an I would like to ask what can be done for to reduce pores that appear after acne. My face has big evident pores and they are very hard to cover up.
The techniques of skin treatments to make you look beautiful and younger have developed significantly over the past few decades and the newer methods are very successful. One of these method is laser resurfacing.
What is laser resurfacing?
Laser resurfacing is the technique of eliminating dead skin cells and tissue from the top layer of your skin and thus exposing a newer and younger layer of skin. Other techniques and methods that could be used to achieve the same are far more invasive procedures, such as face lifts or plastic surgery. Laser resurfacing has known benefits compared to other methods. Let's have a look at some of them.
Benefits of Laser resurfacing:
- Laser peels are way more effective at removing wrinkles: Laser resurfacing removes the wrinkles from the skin layer by layer and thus exposes newer skin more effectively and safely as compared to a lot of the other methods. It uses high energy laser beams to eliminate other problems on the skin such as scars, lines and sun damaged areas.
- Laser resurfacing tightens collagen: The collagen within the skin which makes it tighter is automatically increased after the laser resurfacing. Thus you don't have to take separate injections to tighten your skin as this procedure automatically results in it.
- This procedure is less invasive than others: Compared to other procedures, laser resurfacing is much less invasive. For example, facelift surgeries as well as plastic surgeries to make you look younger require extensive surgery which laser resurfacing doesn't.
- Healing time is quicker: Compared to all other procedures, laser resurfacing takes much less time in healing as the procedure is minimally invasive. In case of other forms of plastic surgeries, there is a much longer period of healing.
- It can even take care of acne scars: While laser resurfacing is primarily used to look younger, it can remove old scars like the ones caused by acne or pimples. Thus, it can remove year old scars while giving you beautiful and younger skin, all at the same time.
- It also stimulates the deeper layers of skin: This procedure also helps in stimulating deeper layers of skin cells and helps the skin become younger from much further down. This helps in making sure that the laser resurfacing effects stay for longer compared to other procedures.
While this procedure also takes some healing time, once the healing period is over, you will be very pleased to see the results. However, do your research and choose the best doctors and practitioners in your area as the quality of people administering the procedure also matters a lot. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
How to get rid of scabies in scalp? Using shikakai but no use. Permethrin lotion giving temporary relief for some time. Running out of bottle. And am getting holes in face. My doc suggested me eukroma cream to apply on face at night for pigmentation. Does it cause holes? I am confused. Seeking for your medical assistance. thanks very much.
I had sex and now I am having some about 10-12 pimples like on my outer skin of my penis. Its like having white in color and having itching on them. Kindly suggest what to do.
I am 26 years male. I am having small dark spot due to pimples all over my face. Please suggest me the name of products that can be beneficial in reducing dark spot and enhance fairness as well.
I am 29 years old and I have skin related problem. I am looking much and more older than my actual age.
What is spf sunscreen?
- Spf, or sun protection factor, is a measure of how well a sunscreen will protect skin from uv rays, the kind of radiation that causes sunburn, damages skin, and can contribute to skin cancer.
- If your skin would normally burn after 10 minutes in the sun, applying an spf 15 sunscreen would allow you to stay in the sun without burning
- Spf is actually a measure of protection from amount of uvb exposure and it is not meant to help you determine duration of exposure.
The spf (sun protection factor) scale is not linear:
- Spf 15 blocks 93% of uvb rays
- Spf 30 blocks 97% of uvb rays
- Spf 50 blocks 98% of uvb rays
So, one way of looking at this is that spf 30 sunscreen only gives you 4% more protection than spf 15 sunscreen.
Why not use a really high sun protection factor?
Sunscreens with really high spfs, such as spf 75 or spf 100, do not offer significantly greater protection than spf 30 and mislead people into thinking they have more protection than they actually do.