Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G.Annie Flora
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. G.Annie FloraYour feedback matters!
One of the biggest worries that can be caused by a seemingly harmless thing is that caused by falling of hair or hair loss as it immediately throws up a stark image of a bald pate, which no one wants to have. The very thought of hairfall tends to lower your confidence about your looks. It may even make you a target of jokes. A commonly heard joke in our part of the world is that if one is losing hair, it is an indication that he is becoming rich. In reality, the opposite is more likely to be true. A person with falling hair ends up losing or spending a fortune trying to stop the hair from falling and preserving one’s crowning glory. Moreover, there is no dearth of enterprising people out to fleece such patients who are already hassled.
Causes of Hairfall or Baldness
The causes of excessive hairfall can vary from person to person as there are various possible reasons for this phenomenon.
- Deficiency in one’s diet where one does not get adequate levels of the required minerals and vitamins can be one prominent cause. Micronutrients like Zinc, Selenium and Iron are important for the normal growth of hair and any deficiency in these can cause hairfall.
- The absence of good health or the presence of some or the other illness can also cause the hairfall to increase.
- In males, the most common cause is the androgenic baldness or the male pattern baldness. This variety of baldness is present only in males and tends to run in families. It occurs due to the presence of excess of testosterone, which results in increased hair growth all over the body but the hair on the head falls out.
- Fungal infections of the scalp can also cause baldness in patches. Other localised infections of the scalp can also cause hairfall.
- Hairfall can occur in females just after pregnancy or after delivery. This has to do with the changes in the hormones that occur during these phases.
Role of Homeopathy in Curing Hairfall
Homeopathy is very effective in treating hair fall or baldness or alopecia. As mentioned earlier, when we say baldness, we do not mean the male pattern baldness or the androgenic baldness. In such cases, we can only reduce the hairfall. But in other cases, the homeopathic medicines for hair fall not only treat the symptoms i.e. the hairfall but also cure the systemic problems that are the root cause of the hairfall. In case the bald spots are happening due to fungal infections, the homeopathic medicines eradicate the fungus completely and the hair grow back on their own completely naturally.
Homeopathic Medicines For Hair Fall or Baldness or Alopecia
Homeopathic medicines like Acid Flour, Phosphorus, Lycopodium, Thuja and Silicea have been very effective in treating hair loss. It is very important to study the patient in great detail and find the exact cause of the problem and treat the root cause. Sometimes, there may be some hidden stress in the mind of the patient which may have caused this hairfall and it also needs to be treated accordingly if we want a permanent cure to the problem. Given below are the 5 best Homeopathic medicines for hair fall or baldness-
- Acid Flour – best homeopathic medicine for baldness in spots
- Thuja – best remedy for hair fall with dandruff
- Lycopodium – best medicine for hair fall after delivery
- Silicea – best treatment for baldness with constipation
- Phosphorus- best medicine for hair falling out in handfuls
These medicines are very effective in treating hair fall or baldness. The only thing is that the symptoms of the patient should be matched carefully with the right homeopathic medicine. In a lot of cases, some different medicine might be required based on the symptoms of the patient.
How to grow beard Naturally at home. Or any suggestions to use beard oil is good for health or any side effects please suggest. Thank You.
Hi, I am Dr PK Talwar. I am a cosmetic surgeon previously at Apollo Hospital, Max Hospital. And currently, I am working in Fortis Hospital, Nehru Place, New Delhi.
- First is through medication. To take medicines whatever are prescribed by a dermatologist and try to delay the process. Suppose after taking all the medications, PRP therapy, you lost your hair significantly, then the treatment is Hair transplant.
- Hair transplant is the second procedure for hair growth. In this treatment, we take the hair from behind the neck and put them on the balded area. In hair transplant also there are two techniques.
1) One is the strip technique in which the strip of hair is taken from the back of the head and then the follicles are put inside the balded area. In this technique, the scars are left.
2) Second is the Follicle unit extraction which is the latest technique all over the world. In this technique, each single graft is plucked by using the motorised equipment. Each graft consists of 1-2-3-4 follicles. The grafts are plucked from behind and the small holes type are created in the balded area where the same grafts are implanted. The process usually takes 8-10 hours. And the hair which we implant starts to grow after 3-4 months after the procedure. And the full growth may take around 8-9 months. But within 6 months you will find your head full of hair and you will be able to see the drastic changes in your hair growth. The full hair length will some time.
The next question which is frequently asked by the patients is that this implanted hair may also fall. So I would like to answer that this hair usually does not fall. As this is a male pattern baldness which is hormone dependent. The male pattern baldness is the hair loss from the crown area. But we transplant the hair from the back of the head or any other body area where occurs minimum hair loss. If the hair from the back of the head is not available then we take the grafts from the beared, chest, back or anywhere from the body. As the hair from these body parts is not dependent on hormones. So we have not seen any such case of hair loss after this transplantation. It will not last a lifetime but it will last for a quite long time. Throughout the youth, there should not be any problem.
Secondary thing is that usually, patients ask if there is any need to take a medication during the period. The medications are not required to be taken throughout the life but take antibiotics for few days and some medications like mentop or any such things which are usually taken for a year or 2 years. And after that, your hair will be as normal as they were before and you will forget everything. And you will live a normal life as you have overcome from the problem.
If you need any solution or suggestion for such problems, you can contact me through Lybarte for online consultation or book an appointment. Or you can take a direct appointment at my clinic which is in E34, Greater Kailash, New Delhi.
Thank you very much.