Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Frina Mahendra Doshi
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Frina Mahendra DoshiYour feedback matters!
Dear sir, I am 26 year old male. I am suffering from night fall problem for more than 4 months and m not used to do masturbation now. There is one more problem in my mouth, when I wake up in morning my mouth have some water in everyday and when I brushing my teeth some bloods parts are come into the mouth. Please let suggest.
I am suffering from mouth ulcer from last 10 days, and I face this problem in every two to three month. Can you please help me with this?
Smoking is a phenomenon where the smoke emanated from a burning substance, usually tobacco, is inhaled. Smoking is a major cause for multiple diseases such as lung cancer, mouth cancer, blood pressure disorders etc.
Smoking tends to limit the capabilities of the immune system and this makes it easier for various diseases to affect the body. Smoking can lead to problems in the teeth where the gum tissues that attach the bone with the teeth are affected. This may cause the blood flow to the gums to be impaired and affect the functioning of the teeth.
The changes that the teeth undergo due to smoking are -
1. It may increase teeth sensitivity.
2. Smoking causes the teeth to be pulled away from the gums.
3. It can result in swollen and bleeding gums.
4. It may cause pain while chewing food.
5. Bone loss around the jawline occurs in smokers.
6. It can result in stained teeth and bad breath.
Disorders related to the teeth caused by smoking
There are various disorders of the teeth which are directly linked to smoking, they are -
- Mouth cancer - in this condition tumors are formed in the mouth
- It can cause plaque to accumulate in the teeth
- It may cause gum disease that can result in tooth loss
- It may interfere with healing period of any dental treatment
- It reduces the success rates of teeth implants
- Sweeteners present in the tobacco can also cause tooth decay
The effects of smoking on the tooth can be minimized by avoiding smoking altogether. Apart from that, following proper dental hygiene such regular brushing and flossing of the teeth will keep the teeth healthy. Avoiding smoking also reduces chances of lesion leukoplakia (white patches near teeth and gums).
Related Tip: 7 Dangerous Changes that Smoking Causes to Your SKIN