Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. FrancisYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old. On my face there is red color darks. And when I go in sunlight more time then they are showing more red red. How to remove them naturally.
I have lots of black spot on my face how to clear that one please suggest me some cream or anything else.
I am suffering from severe sun tan on my face, neck and hands due to excessive sun exposure so please suggest me a medicine to get rid of it.
I am 29 years old male, I have lots of scar holes on my face for which I took some treatment which includes TCA CROSS, chemical PEEL, MICRODERMAABRASION, DERMAROLLER AND LASER BUT CAn not SEE improvement AS I WANT. Is it possible to get clean skin?
How do I get rid of deep dark stress lines on my forehead? I'm just 20 and I've got these 2-3 lines on my forehead. They're like deep cut marks. Pls help.
I have a very uneven skin because of acne marks and also black heads around the nose. The area around my mouth is dark and I have eye bags. What to do.
Her skin is very oily. She washes her face regularly still it's oily. Tired every product. Which product is suitable for the oily skin.
Am suffering from skin problem i.e black head on nose am prefer blackhead strip steam but I do not get any output please suggest me medicine.
Dr. I'm using kozhilte skin whitening cream. If I stop tht cream my skin become more darker. Now what I want to maintain the color.
I have dark circles around my eyes. Can you please prescribe me something or any home remedy which will help me getting rid off these dark circles.
My face is getting oily even though I didn't use any soap & I clean my face by water or with cotton regularly in a day. Please suggest solution.
A blood clot in the leg is termed as Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT. This blood clot can be fatal, because it usually blocks the passage of blood to the heart by damaging the one way valves of the veins. This can also reach other organs like the lungs, in which situation the case becomes complicated and may also lead to death. There are various ways of preventing the onset of these clots. Follow these points to know more.
- Blood thinners: Prolonged hospital stay and a major surgery like joint replacement can lead to blood clots in the legs or DVT. Therefore, it is imperative to ask your doctor about a prescription for blood thinners, which can help in better blood flow despite minimal motion in the legs or stiffness.
- Compressions stockings: If you have been in the hospital for a prolonged period or suffering from leg paralysis, then the risk of blood clots is greater than most others. You can make use of compression stockings, which will help in preventing clots by holding the area tight so that the blood is forced to pump and flow. These should be used every time you are admitted to the hospital.
- Exercise: It is important to keep moving in case you are travelling in a long flight that is over four hours long. Also, you can try certain mild exercises, in case you have a long standing condition of pain or cramping in the leg muscles and joints. From simple toe flexes to muscle strengthening exercises like the heel or towel hook, you can ensure that the tightening action makes your muscle firm so that the blood clots do not have a chance to form. You may also need to lose weight in case you are overweight so that you can alleviate the risk of these clots.
- Water: Staying hydrated is something that we all need to follow in any case, but it is especially important if you are risk of developing blood clots in the legs. Drinking plenty of fluids is a natural way of thinning the blood, especially if you have been in bed or travelling for prolonged periods.
- Loose fitting clothing: You may want to wear loose fitting clothing when you are travelling or in the hospital so that you do not end up unnecessarily compressing an area in a way that will be detrimental for the blood flow there. Wearing loose clothing ensures that the blood flow carries on as per its normal routine without any blockages.
It is important to remember the above points so that you keep blood clots in the legs at bay.