Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. FrancisYour feedback matters!
I have washed my face mistakenly after a chemical peel. I washed my face after 3 hours of peeling. Will the treatment work?
I am 25 years Girl I have ance n small holes on my face I am using erytop gel at night time and biluma cream in morning when going clg n I am using doxcyline tabletsbat night wat have to do to close that hole pls tel me dr.
Hii. , I am 20 years old. I have a problem in leg thumb. Which is called fungal infect this problem is from last 3 years. I saw many doctors and many time a remove my nail. And I am tired with this problem. So please suggest me the way how can I solve this problem. And also suggest a good doctor in the vadodara and surat for this problem. I. Hope you give the ans to me. I am waiting for your reply.
My lips have lots of crack due to smoking how can I bring back my natural lips and how long it will take!
I have dark complexion and but I want to be look a little bit fair. For this I use panderm + in starting it give good effect but after stop that usage, my skin become again dark. Only my forehead is more dark. Please give any good advise.
My friend is suffering from fungal infections and skin infection near penis from 1 year he prescribed from many doctors but dosent affected the infections are increasing today also please prescribe best medicine antifungal tablets for him please doctor.
Blackheads around my nose are becoming worse day by day, pores getting bigger and used scrubs and facewash but has not worked so can u please suggest me some methods or cream I should use
I am suffering from whitehead and open pores and scars on my face. My medicines are going on. Which are nilac gel. And slyzap gel and I hv taken 1sitting of chemical. Peeling will you suggest me something fast effective on open pores and marks.
A breast lump is an enlargement, swell, protuberance or a bump that is different than the breast tissue surrounding it. Breast lumps can appear in men as well as women and they can be benign or malignant. Causes of benign breast lumps are as follows:
- Fibroadenosis: Also known as Fibro-cystic breast disease, it is a benign condition that affects the breast. It may affect either of the breasts or both. One of the major symptoms of Fibroadenosis is a breast lump. Usually, the lumpiness disappears after the menstrual cycle is over. Fibroadenosis occurs because the breast tissue doesn’t respond well to the hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Fibroadenomas: Fibroadenomas occur because of abnormal response to the hormone oestrogen. The lumps are usually well formed and round, around the milk ducts of the breast. Breast lumps due to Fibroadenomas are called breast mice, because they move around the breast. In some cases, they disappear and in some, they tend enlarge during pregnancy.
Other benign causes of breast lumps are breast abscesses, breast cysts, lipoma (lump of fat), mastitis (infection in the breast tissues), fat necrosis (another name for breast lumps) and intraductal papilloma (benign tumour of the milk ducts in the breast). A breast lump that is firm, well defined and doesn’t move around, i.e. it doesn’t disappear after your period or pregnancy, may be a result of breast cancer.
Treatment of breast lumps
The treatment of a breast lump depends on its cause. Benign breast lumps usually disappear over time. Otherwise following treatments can be considered as per the doctor’s discretion-
- Medication: If the breast lumps are painful or increase over time, it is advisable to take medication.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and other painkillers like paracetamol
- Danazol, Tamoxifen or Bromocriptine are administered to treat breast pain as well
- Antibiotics which are administered to cure breast abscesses that are caused due bacterial infections
- Limiting the amount of fat in the diet or wearing well fitting bras also reduces the amount of pain due to breast lumps.
- Certain types of breast lumps are filled with fluid or pus. This fluid can be drained through a procedure called aspiration or drainage.
- A radical way to treat a breast lump is surgery. Many a times, these lumps get bigger and painful and the most effective way to deal with it is to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.