Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 18 years old. 15 days ago I had ovarian cyst surgery. (laparoscopic open). I am a virgin. Everyday at least 2 times I thought abut sex I wll get wet sometimes I unable to release the semen. And I am a peppermint lover. I will eat a lot will I be ok with that.
I am 27 years old. I am having problem of irregular periods since 4 yrs. I had my thyroid test and usg for pcod done and all is nrml and also have tried lot of medications but still nt relieved. Also m gaining lot of weight. Plzz help me out getting regular periods and lose weight.
Rare forms of bone oriented tumours are giant cell tumours, which are mostly found in the bones that are long. This tumour is mostly found in young people between the age of 25 to 40 years and is more common in women than in men. The slow progressive growth of this tumour is more like a lesion rather than a mass, and it causes significant pain. It can also lead to bone destruction. Let us find out the various facets of these tumours including causes, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.
- Causes: The actual cause of this condition is not yet known, although many orthopaedic specialists tend to associate it with Paget disease, which is a chronic bone disorder. The main symptoms of this disease include enlargement and deformity of the bones. Giant cell tumours are not associated with injuries, genetics or environmental factors.
- Symptoms: There are many symptoms that can point at the presence of the giant cell tumour. These include pain in the joints surrounding the bone on which the tumour is growing. Also, inflammation and fractures might be caused due to this growth. The surrounding joints may face difficulty as far as movement goes, and fluid retention might also take place.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the condition is usually done by an orthopaedic specialist who will conduct an x-Ray to study the area surrounding the bone. This will help in throwing up images of the tissue, bones and other organs in the area. The doctor may also carry out a biopsy during which tissue samples will be procured for further examination under a microscope, so as to determine whether or not the growth is a malignant one. Also, radionuclide bone scans may be conducted to find out if there is any bone change due to other bone diseases and this tumour.
- Treatment: The treatment of this condition will depend largely on the patient's age and medical history where the doctor may take stock of any other ailments and diseases which may or may not interfere with the chosen path of treatment. One of the ways of treating this condition is with surgery that will help in removing the damaged bone. In very severe cases, amputation may also be required. Further, bone reconstruction surgery can also be followed for treatment.
- Prognosis: Local recurrence is a risk as far as giant cell tumours are concerned. A CT scan of the chest, abdomen and pelvic area should be carried out in a routine manner for at least two years after treatment.
Any persistent inflammation and pain should be checked by a doctor to detect any such growth.
I'm married from 6 months. Me and my spouse make love but he hasn't snatched my virginity, it is because of his fear to see me in pain, well I'm ready for loosing it psychologically. Please tell about the related troubles. How can we do this so that causing lesser pain?
I get menstrual cycle regularly but with full of stomach pain for the 1st day alone. What is the remedy for my problem?
I had a sex with a girl aged 17 .she got a bleeding while sex though it was not her first sex .she is my girlfriend she cried a lot and feeling pain now. It that everything normal. She was having MC period also.
Hi doctor. I am 24 years old I had a miscarriage 10 days before. And now my bleeding has been stopped. And no pain lefts. Can I do sex now. And how much chances will there to conceive again.
I am a 26 years of old and have mild pcod but no thyroid or diabetics, My weight is 64 kg. Now I am trying to conceive, but my doctor gave me clomipure next day of cycle and myonext, fertisure for daily. Whats the chances of my conceiving?
I just started taking the mini pill as my form of contraceptive 2 weeks ago. I have taken other contraceptives with no issues. I have had a headache for the past 5 days that is just getting worse. Could this be from any contraceptive? I would like to stop taking it but I last had sex yesterday and do not want to risk pregnancy. What are my options if this is from the mini pill?
My wife is 43 years old she is heart patient and taking ditide tab, now she is not getting menses Utrual cycle from last two months. We checked through I can pregnancy test it was negative with one bar. What to do? I am scared.
Me and my girl had an intercourse I made sure I didn't load inside two days prior her period she have to start her cycle on 23rd of Feb but she didn't she felt cramps and tender breast and she is discharging white fluid and sometimes she felt her period started but it actually didn't is she pregnant or is it just an irregular period.
Hi Dr. I have problem related my periods. Mujhe 9august 2016 no period aaye after 5september 2016. My period cycle is correct. It is always come before time. Plzzzz guide me.
This is regarding my wife. On the basis of a recent ultrasound is diagnosed that she has cyst. Impression of ultrasound is below: Right Overy is bulky with polycystic appearance of volume 10.3 ml. Left Overy is normal but 11.3 mm dominant follicle is present. Please suggest.
Pomegranate is a fruit grown mainly in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iran, India, drier parts of Southeast Asia, Peninsular Malaysia, the East Indies and tropical Africa, along with parts of California and Arizona. However, it has been the native fruit of the region from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran to the Himalayas in northern India. Pomegranate has been associated with a high nutritional value and a large number of health benefits, illustrating the reason why it has been cultivated in the Mediterranean region as well the Caucasus since ancient times. To acquaint you more with this fruit as well as its juice, we have listed the nutritional benefits of their consumption, in the following lines.
Nutritional Value of Pomegranate
Given below is the amount of nutrients in 100 gm of pomegranate
Carbohydrates - 17.17 gm
Sugars - 16.57 gm
Dietary fiber - 0.6 gm
Fat - 0.3 gm
Protein - 0.95 gm
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) - 0.030 mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) - 0.063 mg
Niacin (Vitamin B3) - 0.300 mg
Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) - 0.596 mg
Vitamin B6 - 0.105 mg
Folate (Vitamin B9) - 6 ?g
Vitamin C - 6.1 mg
Calcium - 3 mg
Iron - 0.30 mg
Magnesium - 3 mg
Phosphorus - 8 mg
Potassium - 259 mg
Zinc - 0.12 mg
Energy - 70 kcal (290 kJ)
Health & Nutrition Benefits of Pomegranates/Pomegranate Juice
Being rich in antioxidants, pomegranate can keep LDL (bad cholesterol) from oxidizing and thus, prevents atherosclerosis.
Pomegranate has been found to help keep blood platelets from clumping together and forming unnecessary clots.
Regular consumption of pomegranate juice is said to be beneficial for those suffering from heart diseases.
Researches have indicated that pomegranate compounds might prevent prostate cancer and even slowdown its growth.
Pomegranate juice has also been associated with reducing the risk of breast cancer.
Pomegranate juice is pretty good for those suffering from diarrhea, but it over-consumption can lead to constipation.
Pomegranate is said to be good for reducing plaque in the arteries and raising levels of HDL (good cholesterol).
It has been seen that pomegranate juice helps prevent heart attacks and even stroke.
Studies have shown that maternal consumption of pomegranate juice might protect the neonatal brain from damage after injury.
Pomegranate is believed to help prevent cartilage deterioration and thus, keep osteoarthritis at bay.
Consumption of pomegranate might prevent and even slow down Alzheimer's disease.
Pomegranate juice is associated with lowering of blood pressure as well as better oral health.