Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. FatimaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from dental problem my teeth are not gud I think I am suffering from pairia so please give me a right suggestion.
Losing a tooth to infection (decay) or trauma can be a painful experience. Imagine that you are in a dental chair and just got a new tooth or a bridge fitted. It is a joyous experience, almost like a new found lease of life, to be able to eat better and look better. However, even after a few days to a week, you realize that the new crown is just not settling down completely. There is a constant sensitivity that exists and is not allowing you to enjoy the new tooth.
There are various reasons that the new crown can be sensitive, some of them including:
- A high point: On the new crown, there could be small points that do not allow for a bite as earlier. This can lead to sensitivity and minor jaw discomfort.
- Improper fit with exposed dentin: This can happen at the neck area, where the crown is not fitting the tooth, leaving a small part of dentin exposed. This can lead to sensitivity once the crown is fixed in.
- Other decayed teeth: If there is a decayed tooth adjacent to the crown, it could be confusing and sometimes difficult to pinpoint the exact area.
If it persists for more than a week, check with your dentist on the following:
- Severity of decay: The extent of decay in the first place should be considered, especially if you have had crown as a result of extensive tooth decay. If it was involving a large portion of the dentin, the changes of having sensitivity are high, even after a crown placement. In these cases, there could be silent abscess, which may never manifest as symptoms, but can cause a gnawing sensitivity issue with each bite.
- Area of decay: Root caries and cervical caries are more prone to have sensitivity compared to the crown of the tooth. The enamel layer in these areas is thin and the chances of dentinal involvement is high. The rate at which the decay will reach the pulp and cause pain is also higher.
- Type of dental treatment: If extensive metal work is done, the sensitivity might last longer than a week, which is the norm.
- Triggering factors: Make a note of what triggers the sensitivity, hot, cold or sweets.
- Management: As mentioned, expect the sensitivity with your new crown to last for up to a week. In some cases, it may be longer, depending on, as noted above, the severity of the original decay, the area, triggers, etc.
While some cases may be managed with a small trim of the crown, some may need the crown to be re-fitted, and some may even require re-treating the tooth completely.
Sir I have a problem in my mouth. In mouth skin is being black around in mouth please tell me suggestion right now.
I am 25 years old male and facing problem in my teeth since 2 month. My teeth is sensitive and sometimes pain in my last teeth in bottom row. What should I do?
Wisdom teeth pain, from 3 weeks swelling appearance cause much pain please gave me treatment for pain.
A common question asked by parents about braces is at what age our kid should go for braces.
Orthodontic treatment is not just corrective. We can try to avoid malocclusion by various methods. One should take their kids for a dental check up every 6 months. Sometimes it is possible to do a little bit of treatment like extraction of milk tooth to avoid malaligned teeth.
If one has developed irregular teeth or forwardly placed teeth, the kid has to wait till all milk teeth fall. It is easy to put braces with that. Sometimes we have to remove milk teeth if it is not gelling at the right time.
My teeth become yellow near gum lines after scaling even when I brush two times a day. I am thinking to go for teeth polishing. Will it remove my remaining enamel also?
Hello sir I am Sagar I am 30 yrs old man n I have suffering from cavity problem so what should I'd o.
I have problem with teeth. They are not strong enough and some yellowish stuff in front of them. Can you tell me how to make it stronger and whitier.
Suffering from bad breath problem from some time. I'm doing 3 times brush and used many mouthwash but the problem remains the same after sometime so kindly help me.
Myth # 2 - Bad Breath means you are a Bad Brusher - Bad oral hygiene is one of the causes for Bad Breath other causes include Indigestion,Dry Mouth,Lack of Salivation,Sinusitis and post nasal Drip &Uncontrolled diabetes
Myth # 3 - Regular use of mouth wash is good for oral hygiene - fact is mouth washes are good for maintenance of oral hygiene but only when it is indicated and prescribed by your dentist.
Myth # 4 - Scaling and polishing will lead to spaces in between the teeth - the fact is after removal of calculus one starts feeling the gaps in between the teeth which were occupied by it.One need to start taking care from beginning so that they do not come across a situation where they have lots of calculus in between the teeth which lead to gum recession and spacing between the teeth.
Myth # 5 - Brushing with hard toothbrush will clean teeth more effectively - In fact bristles of hard toothbrush do not reach the crevices of the teeth and one need to apply more pressure. In the process all stress is borne by enamel and it starts wearing off.