Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. FathimaYour feedback matters!
She is 1 years and 2 month. No medical history. She had high grade fever and mild congested lungs for 2wks. They gave paracetamol sup and nebulizer tid. She became sick with chest distress. Admitted in hospital 3 days diagnosed as mild pneumonia and? Foreign body in lung. They kept her in icu with antibiotics iv and asthma medications. Oxygen saturation fluctuated from 80s% to 100%. They transfered her to tertiary hospital for bronchoscopy. Then she became so sick when reached that hospital and they did intubation immediately with ventilator and send for urgent bronchoscopy. They didn't find foreign body. The infection increased became severe pneumonia. After 2 days both lungs collapse. They applied ecmo for 7 days but it happened complications. The Bleeding increased. The kept her on rbc and fbb transfusion. After that the removed ecmo. Now she is on ventilator and icd applied because pneumothorax happened 5 times in both lungs. She is now one month on ventilator and I've antibiotics. But her condition deteriorating to worse. Every day infection increased. Now also she got adenovirus. Please what we can do for her? Because her condition become worse?
Merit daughter ki age 8 year 8 month hai. Ye abhi bhi vista pe pesab kart hai. Weight 18.5 kg and height 121cm hai. Kya ye normal hai if not please suggest me. Thanks.
My baby was about 2 months and she was continuously going motions what should be done to stop motions.
Hello doctor, my baby is 1 month old and he continuously cries even when I feed him within 1 hour gap. Do I have low milk supply which makes him cry? Please suggest.
Meri 4 saal ki beti hai. Usko left ear se yellow and bad smelly discharge hota hai. 2 mnths back I consulted child specialist, she prescribed following medicines: syp. Augmentin syp. Mucolite syp macberry syp. C&c saari medicines lene k baad ye prblm band hogaya tha but kal raat se ear pain k saath phir se discharge start hogaya. This prblm has started when she was 2 yrs old. Whenever she has cough n cold, this prblm occurs. Now shld I restart the above mentioned medicines? what are the causes of this prblm? because there is no hole in her ear wall. Then why it occurs every now and then? please guide me with your valuable advices? thanks!
Baby 17 days ka hai. Premechure baby 34 week ka hai. Problem ye hai ke ek to weight kam hai. Dusra mother feed nhi karwa pa rahi kyuki nippal ander hai. Use lectojan de rahe hai katori chhamach se. Baby jaisa janam ke samay that. Waise he dikhta hai. Weight badane ke liye kya kare. Cow ka milk de sakte hai kya. Hindi me answer de.
My son is 21months old, he is still having problem to walk. We took advice from Pediatric, orthographic and Nero physician and surgeons. But nothing helped. MRI of cervicodorsal spine says Spinal cord shows vertical split in the lower dorsal region - overlying the D8 to L2 vertebral levels. The hemicords are asymmetric with larger left hemicord No bony septum could be delineated in available images. Please advise.
I am suffering apydydamic cyst in my right testis, can you tell me is this cure with out any operation and with medication Please suggest.
Hello! Doc. S Group And Good morning everyone. I'm 20yrs. Old and I have a baby also 0.5years old and I'm also feeding to her so in this situation Dronis 20mg is suitable for me or not and how should I use it./Doges for me. And My period starts from 6 per month.
I had unprotected intercourse with my wife. We have 3 month old baby. Baby is with only mother milk till now. She is getting periods on irregular basis. She took contraceptive pill (I-pill). Now production of milk from breast has become low and baby is falling short of milk. Can we go for other alternative food now for the baby or is there any chance to increase breast milk.
I have a 4 months old baby girl. So I just wanted to know when she will crawl and when she will starts talking. please advice?
With the word accident, the first thing that comes to our mind is a traffic accident or an outdoor accident. We all may usually relate accidents with outdoor hazards, but little do we realize that the place that we consider to be the safest, that is, our homes, has a number of hazards itself. Accidents at home are usually caused due to negligence. Children are especially prone to be hurt by such accidents. Just like we stay careful outside our home, it is also important to maintain safety indoors to prevent accidents.
Here are some of the common accidents that occur mostly to children along with the preventive steps that can help you to avoid them:
1. Fall: Falling is one of the most common accidents that children experience. There may be a number of factors such as objects scattered on the floor, the floor being slippery, unstable walking of the child, lack of supervision, etc.
- Keep floors clean, dry and free from unnecessary obstructions.
- Always keep a check on your toddler as he learns to walk
- Do not keep babies unattended when they are sitting on a high surface
- Keep the bed rail of the baby cot raised whenever the child is in it
2. Choking: Choking is a serious condition that leads to breathlessness due to accidental swallowing of foods or objects, covering head by blankets, strangulation, etc.
- Avoid toys that have small detachable parts
- Keep a watch on your child when he/she plays with small objects
- Keep children away from buckets or tubs filled with water
- Never allow your children to play while eating
3. Burns: Burns may occur from contact with hot objects, hot water or fire.
- Make sure that you don't hold a child and a hot object or beverage at the same time
- Make sure that your child doesn't enter the kitchen without supervision
- While preparing warm water for bathing your child in, always check the water temperature beforehand
4. Poisoning: Poisoning takes place under conditions of food poisoning or accidental swallowing of harmful substances like detergents, insecticides or drugs.
- Keep all medicines, detergents, soaps and chemicals out of the child's reach
- Store all chemicals and toxic substances in their respective containers or make sure the containers are labelled properly
- Always keep a first-aid box ready at hand if you have a child at home. For severe conditions talk to a doctor or visit a hospital immediately.