Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. FathimaYour feedback matters!
Cuts and bruises, which you may get from a wide variety of sources, is one of the most commonly overlooked issues that many of you face on a regular basis. Cuts and grazes can be treated easily with homeopathy.
There are many great homeopathic remedies, which deal with pain, inflammation and the general healing process. Here they are.
- Arnica: Arnica is an excellent remedy when you have a bruise on your body. It helps reduce the swelling as well as the pain, in whichever part of the body you have swelling on. However, it is worth noting that Arnica does not help much with muscle pain.
- Hypericum: It is worth note that arnica works best on parts of the body which do not have as many nerve endings. For example, the legs and arms are excellent places to administer arnica and it works very well there. However, it is worth note that arnica is not as good with parts of the body which have many nerve endings. This is where Hypericum comes in. Bruises to the fingers, toes and spinal cord heal better with Hypericum than they do with arnica.
- Calendula: Calendula is a medicine, which can be applied as a tincture. A tincture is when a medicine is dissolved in alcohol. Apart from a tincture, Calendula can also be used as a cream, spray or gel. It can heal shallow cuts very rapidly in all of these forms.
- Millefolium: Millefolium is the best homeopathic remedy when there is excessive bleeding and the wound is not clotting properly.
- Staphisagria: This is another medicine used for cuts. However, it is worth noting that Staphisagria is a very good medicine when it comes to treating cuts which are deep or have a stinging sensation.
Related Tip: "Wounds Vs Bruises"
Is it safe to suck the penis just after removing the condom. My concern is the lubricant on the condom through penis will go in mouth & then in stomach.
My periods got completed on Wednesday & went out with my boyfriend on saturday. We did not had sex neither did he penetrate me. But since we were too close it is possible that a bit of his premature ejaculated liquid has reached my vagina. I have been facing nausea dizziness pain in lower back since Monday. I have eye problem and have power, and I did not wear specs for two days, I have acidity problem. I am pcos patient too. I have been taking rantac 150 for 2 days twice. Acidity has decreased a bit. But back pain is continuing. Is it possible that back pain is because of the posture we took together even though we did not have sex. My weight is 60 kg. and my lower abdomen has more fat. I am having pain now in lower back and in lower abdominal and thighs joint on both sides. And my head is still feeling heavy.
How to prevent from pregnancy after unprotected intercourse. Is tablets are helpful to prevent. Please advise me. What are the symptoms for pregnancy. When will the symptoms find from the day of intercourse.
This is for my daughter aged 26 year. 2 years passed after marriage. She didn't conceived a scan report is sent herewith for 1. Bilateral resolving ovarian haemorrhagic cysts (left>right) 2. Minimal free fluid seen in pouch of douglas 3. Loculated cystic collection with thick internal echoes as well as septae in the left adnexa seen separate from the left ovary most probably suggestive of left adnexal cystic tubo-ovarian mass such as haemorrhagic exophytic left ovarian cyst/left terminal loculated hydrosalpinx.
My sister in-law is about 32 years old. She was now 16 week pregnant. It is her 3rd pregnancy. Previous one was term IUD. Today she done Ultrasound and found a cyst measuring 13cmX12cm in right ovary. Some times she feels pain in lower abdomen. Doctor told her not to be worried. What will she do?
Hello! I had a pre-term delivery last month on 3 March due to cervical incompetence. I bleed for 21 to 23 days then bleeding stopped. But now after 10 days the bleeding has again started. Is there anything to worry or is it normal and for how many days bleeding will be there?
My wife's age 20. I am 29. We are trying to conceive from last 6-7 months. But don't get success. What we will do?
Hi. Am just married and in first night I have inserted my finger to my wife but there was blood. Is this normal? Should I consult doc?
Hello Dr. Two days back I have diagnosed with fibroid in my uterus. I am v upset what should I do. Can I go for laparoscopic surgery yet I dont have any baby.
Infertility is a very common problem among both men and women and it refers to the inability to conceive even after regular unprotected sex. The causes of this can be varied and some of the most prominent ones are:
Causes in Women:
1. Polycystic ovarian syndrome - PCOS is a medical condition in women in which they do not ovulate. It is a major cause of infertility in most women. It can often result in irregular menstruation and an increase in the release of male hormones in the female body. This causes male symptoms like the growth of a beard, hoarse voice etc. in females. The probable causes of this condition comprise being over or under weight, thyroid imbalance etc. It is possible to treat this condition with medical aid and weight management can also prove to be helpful.
2. Lack of sufficient healthy eggs - As you grow in age, the number and health of your eggs decline significantly. This could be a possible reason for your infertility. In this condition, optimizing egg health by maintaining a healthy weight and quitting alcohol and cigarettes can help you get rid of your infertility.
3. Blockage of the fallopian tubes - Blockage of or damage to the fallopian tubes causes the tubal factor that is responsible for infertility in women. The tubal factor can also be a result of endometriosis or any sexually transmitted disease like Chlamydia etc.
Causes in Men:
1. Ejaculatory disorders - Retrograde ejaculation, premature ejaculation, and other issues associated with ejaculation may cause infertility in men. In retrograde ejaculation, the semen enters the bladder instead of emerging out of the penis during orgasm. In premature ejaculation, the ejaculation occurs before the vagina is prepared to receive the semen.
2. Chromosome defects - Disorders like Klinefelter's syndrome can cause abnormal growth of the male reproductive organs resulting in infertility. Other such syndromes include Kallmann's syndrome, Karatagener's syndrome, cystic fibrosis etc. These conditions are mostly genetic.
3. Hormonal imbalance - Male infertility can also be a result of hormonal imbalances like hypogonadism (low testosterone levels), disorders of the testicles, abnormal functioning of the pituitary, thyroid, adrenal and the other glands as well.
Related Tip: Common causes of infertility in Women?
My baby now 3 month old breast milk not enough for my baby how to increase breast milk what can I do any additional supplement giving for baby.Please tell.
Buffalo milk gives 4.3 gm protein and 6.6 gm fat per 100 ml.
So in case you are a vegetarian, you can continue with the buffalo milk, but make sure you are removing the cream thoroughly twice and then only consuming it.
I want to conceive baby but follicle converted into cyst. Is any pill for this problem. please help.
The hormone human chorionic gonadotropin(better known as hCG) is produced during pregnancy.
It is made by cells formed in the placenta, which nourishes the egg after it has been fertilized and becomes attached to the uterine wall.
Levels can first be detected by a blood test about 11 days after conception and about 12-14 days after conception by a urine test.
Typically, the hCG levels will double every 72 hours. The level will reach its peak in the first 8-11 weeks of pregnancy and then will decline and level off for the remainder of the pregnancy.
Key Things To Remember About HCG Levels -
- As you get further along in pregnancy and the hCG level gets higher, the time it takes to double can increase to about every 96 hours.
- Caution must be used in making too much of hCG numbers. A normal pregnancy may have low hCG levels and result in a perfectly healthy baby. The results from an ultrasound after 5 -6 weeks gestation are much more accurate than using hCG numbers.
- An hCG level of less than 5mIU/ml is considered negative for pregnancy, and anything above 25mIU/ml is considered positive for pregnancy.
- The hCG hormone is measured in milli-international units per milliliter (mIU/ml).
- A transvaginal ultrasound should be able to show at least a gestational sac once the hCG levels have reached between 2,000mIU/ml. Because levels can differentiate so much and conception dating can be wrong, a diagnosis should not be made by ultrasound findings until the hCG level has reached at least 2,000.
- A single hCG reading is not enough information for most diagnoses. When there is a question regarding the health of the pregnancy, multiple testings of hCG done a couple of days apart give a more accurate assessment of the situation.
- The hCG levels should not be used to date a pregnancy, since these numbers can vary so widely.
- There are two common types of hCG tests. A qualitativehCG test detects if hCG is present in the blood. A quantitative hCG test (or beta hCG) measures the amount of hCG actually present in the blood.
- Guideline To HCG Levels During Pregnancy
hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age):
- 3 weeks LMP: 5-50 mIU/ml
- 4 weeks LMP: 5-426 mIU/ml
- 5 weeks LMP: 18-7,340 mIU/ml
- 6 weeks LMP: 1,080-56,500 mIU/ml
- 7-8 weeks LMP: 7, 650-229,000 mIU/ml
- 9-12 weeks LMP: 25,700-288,000 mIU/ml
- 13-16 weeks LMP: 13,300-254,000 mIU/ml
- 17-24 weeks LMP: 4,060-165,400 mIU/ml
- 25-40 weeks LMP: 3,640-117,000 mIU/ml
* These numbers are just a guideline, every woman's level of hCG can rise differently. It is not necessarily the level that matters, but rather the change in the level.
What Can A Low HCG Level Mean?
A low hCG level can mean any number of things and should be rechecked within 48-72 hours to see how the level is changing.
A low hCG level can indicate:
- Miscalculation of pregnancy dating
- Possible miscarriage or blighted ovum
- Ectopic pregnancy
What Can A High HCG Level Mean?
A high level of hCG can also mean a number of things and should be rechecked within 48-72 hours to evaluate changes in the level.
A high hCG level can indicate:
- Miscalculation of pregnancy dating
- Molar pregnancy
- Multiple pregnancy