Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Farhan AhmedYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years old and masturbating since three years but now I have completely stopped it can yo suggest me how cure it pls.
My ear is paining since two weeks. I think it is because recently I put some pins and sticks to remove dust. What should I do now?
Dr. Sir my wife now in her 15th weeks pregnant so can we do intercourse now. One thing more I want to know that my wife discharge liquid even talking about Sex, so if I licking her vagina, is this liquid harmful for me. Kindly sought out this
I'm male my age is 23 not married I want to become a female it is possible. What is the procedure to change to female how much it costs for that operation explain in detail. If anyone changed from male to female.
I have migraine trouble since long time . Took so many pills and try other methods bud no relief what should I do.
When ever I travel in a bus I feel like headache and vomiting. I have to travel a lot in buses so please help me.
Psoriasis on the scalp responds very well to homeopathy. The scalp redness reduces, the itching reduces and the scaling reduces. The recurrence is brought under good control.
Homeopathy treats psoriasis by correcting internal immune imbalance, irrespective of the location of psoriasis. There are certain more commonly used medicines especially when psoriasis affects the scalp.
The scalp psoriasis may respond slower, in comparison to psoriasis on the skin.
If a patient has psoriasis on the skin and on the scalp, the skin form responds earlier, the scalp psoriasis responds later, however, that is not a rule.
Homeopathy does not suggest any use of cortisone based medication for scalp psoriasis
Meri age 39 years hai. Mujhe last 5-6 years se pet me right hand side me pain hota hai. Ye pain right hand side me pure pet main ho jaata hai. Baar baar ruk ruk ke hota hai. Aur theek hone me 12-15 din lag jaate hai. Whole abdomen ka do baar ultrasound karwa chuki huin lakin kuch nahi niklta. Bahut takleef hoti hai. Tablet se bhi koi fark nahi padta. 3 times Safdargunj (emergency) me dikha chuki hu. Har baar 4 injection lagate hai aur chuti kar dete hai. Lakin dard theek nahi hota. Normally 6 -6 month me dard ho jata hai. Please kuch advice kar de.
The first thought that comes to your mind when you see a chocolate pastry or a strawberry cheesecake is an immediate urge to eat it. However, these foods are filled with excessive calories and unhealthy fats that do not contribute positively to your health in any manner whatsoever. Basically, you need to control those taste buds in order to remain healthy.
Here are 5 common foods that may be enjoyable but are surprisingly bad for you:
- Chocolate cookie: A chocolate cookie is something that you would love to eat anytime. These cookies are delicious to eat and thus, very difficult to stay away from. They contain calories in large amounts which are mainly from simple carbohydrates. They tend to raise your blood sugar immediately, thus leading to fat accumulation.
- Ice cream: Ice cream is a type of food that is high in calorie content and fat. Most of the calories are from simple sugar and saturated fat that raise your risk of heart disease. Ice cream is also known to add to your kilos in no time at all.
- Biryani: Biryani is a commonly consumed dish because of its flavor and taste. It is made up of rice, spices and hydrogenated vegetable fats, thus making it very high in terms of calories. It also contains unhealthy fats that raise your bad cholesterol levels and up your risk of heart diseases due to plaque buildup in your arteries. You should not consume it if you have a stomach ulcer as it may aggravate the condition.
- Coffee: Coffee contains caffeine which, if consumed in large amounts, can be toxic for your body. Too much coffee might also mess up your sleep cycle and may result in insomnia. Too much of coffee is also proven to raise your bad cholesterol levels.
- Tea: Consumption of tea increases your chances of stomach ulcers and liver complications. One of the constituents of tea, tannic acid, ups the risk of anemia. It is recommended not to drink tea immediately after a meal.
I'm allergic to sudden panic for about 10 years, when I got sudden surprise or when I got sudden scared, got panicked, I get allergy in hands and neck with small forms of skin, to get away from this problem what shall I do?
I get freckles on the head of my penis. Initially I thought it was friction burn but since Im not circumcised when I rolled down the skin, there were similar freckles beneath the head on the sides and white deposits. Is it any fungal infection?
Headache is one of the most frequently encountered problem at a clinic. Even questions at lybrate are mostly studded with this symptom.
More often than not, headaches are self limiting and without a serious medical problem. But any chronic headache needs proper evaluation for definitive therapy.
Grossly, headaches can be divided into primary (no definite structural lesion in brain) or secondary (associated with changes).
Any headache, if associated with vomiting without nausea, visual disturbance or nerve deficit (new onset squint, double vision, loss of sensation anywhere, facial deviation amongst many) may indicate secondary headache, but exceptions are there. These require immediate attention to rule out life threatening disease.
Commonest primary headache is tension type headache all of us have felt at certain times. Often it is like a band pressing around forehead. Common analgesics manage them well but for recurrent problem, we might prescribe prophylactic drug.
Migraine is something very common presenting as pain in one half of head with vomiting, nausea, visual or auditory aura. They require immediate analgesic like acetaminophen and prophylaxis with propranolol or amitriptyline.
Cluster headache, as the name suggests, comes in cluster for few days and more common in male. Oxygen has been proven as effective treatment.
Trigeminal neuralgia is more sharp, lanceolating pain, but responds satisfactorily to carbamazepine.
Sinusitis, in frontal bone presents as headache more around 10am in the morning that requires therapy with antihistamines and antibiotics occasionally.
Therefore' headache' carries little value unless it is described in detail to ensure proper therapy.