Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. FakathifYour feedback matters!
I am 44 years old my blood report detail.(1. Serum tsh: 5.41.(2. Serum cholesterol-total: 215.(3. Triglycerides: 159.(4. Serum hdl-direct: 40. Serum ldl-direct: 153. please advise precautions and medicines. Thank you sir/madam.
Heart disease. Researchers have long suspected that the stressed-out, type A personality has a higher risk of high blood pressure and heart problems. .
I am 56 years old male. No history of BP and diabetes. My triglycerides level is 359. Is it dangerous? What medication you suggest? Also I am deficient of vitamin D.
Sir, my liver function test report as follows; pl guide me can I take Rosuvas tablet for cholesterol control. ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE PHOTOMETRY 76.5 U/l BILIRUBIN -DIRECT 0.14 mg/dl BILIRUBIN - TOTAL 0.46 mg/dl BILIRUBIN (INDIRECT) CALCULATED 0.32 mg/dl GAMMA GLUTAMYL TRANSFERASE (GGT) 21.95 U/l ASPARTATE AMINOTRANSFERASE (SGOT) 30.72 U/l ALANINE TRANSAMINASE (SGPT) 25.3 U/l M PROTEIN - TOTAL 7.33 gm/dl ALBUMIN – SERUM 4.07 gm/dl SERUM GLOBULIN 3.26 gm/dL SERUM ALBUMIN/GLOBULIN RATIO CALCULATED 1.25 Ratio 0.9 - 2.0.
I am 62 years male having heart problem. Using Embetta XR-50, Cardio Plus and Monit tabs as per the advise of consultant doctor. I am facing uneasiness and feel chest pain while I walk for a distance of about � km. If I stop for a while and continue further there is no problem, but the uneasiness and chest pain and pains on both shoulders exists. Pl. Suggest what are the tablets I should take and also the quantity etc.
Hi my age is 39 years old .My problem is high blood pressure from 2 years .My weight is 93 . I have to reduce my weight how could I control weight and bp?
I am 36 weeks pregnant and diagnosed with a blood pressure of 130/100. Is this severe. How can we manage high blood pressure in pregnancy.
Sleeping problem due to use of beta blockers. As it just started after using this drug (propranolol). I get palpitations when try to get sleep. No issue in deep and mid sleep. please cure by homeopathic.
The modern age is full of tensions and stress, expecting peaceful mind and unhealthy lifestyle is just impossible. To prevent common diseases and living a healthy life requires keen knowledge of the main organ of the body, that is the Heart. The heart is a muscular organ which works like an engine and provides fuel to run human body by pumping blood. Our heart has two chambers which separates the oxygen rich blood from oxygen poor blood and each time you breathe the valves of heart opens and closes. There are many cardiovascular diseases that are caused due to the blood vessel and heart issues like lack of flexibility, blockage, fatty plaques of the arteries or lack of strength of the parties.
The modern medical systems suggest surgical treatment for the cure of the heart problems but on another hand, Ayurveda targets the deep root cause of the disease. The best cure for heart diseases is to adopt a holistic approach named Ayurveda the part of the great Indian heritage. This is not only based upon the ancient principle but many researchers worked and proofed that heart issues are reversible with the help of Ayurvedic treatment.
As Ayurveda believes in the natural ingredients for treatment, many remedies are available in our surrounding. Here are some commonly recommended remedies to prevent and cure heart diseases by Ayurveda.
- Triphala: To reduce the blood fat level and high cholesterol Triphala- the mixture of three herbs named Amalaki, Bibhitaki, and Haritaki. This handles the causative issues of blood fat and cholesterol and keeps the heart healthy.
- Ashwagandha: This is a wonder herb to reduce tension from mind and body and provide strength to the heart muscles.
- Chaywanprash: this is the mixture of various herbs like sugar, honey, ghee, Indian Gooseberry (amla), jam, sesame oil, berries, herbs and various spices. Chaywanprash is an herbal jam which strengthens the heart muscles and boosts up the immune system as well.
These three are the most common and easily available remedies for heart problems. Other than these three garlic, ginger, turmeric, saffron, arjuna, guggul, etc. herbs which are good for heart diseases and provides a complete cure. I would suggest consulting an expert Ayurvedic physician for the better results and proper guidance instant of trying self treatment.
I'm diabetic SINCE I WAS 13 YRS OLD. I M 36 NOW. GOT A HEART ATTACK FEW MONTHS BACK and angioplasty WAS DONE. JUST GOT MY HOMOCYSTEINE LEVEL ON ADVISE OF A FRIEND. ITS 36 AGAINST RHE NORMAL VALUE OF BELOW 15. VITAMIN B12 VALUE IS WITH IN RANGE AND HBA1C VALUE IS 8.8 FOR THREE MONTHS AVG. PLEASE advise ON HIGH HOMOCYSTEINE LEVELS AND ITS RISK FACTOR. OR IS IT COMMON IN PATIENTS WHO GOT A ATTACK.
Can you please give which food are taken to decrease cholesterol? I am a heart patient I daily use doctor prescription but I do not decrease cholesterol. Please give me your valuable suggestions.
I am have high fiver from last 2 week. And I havechestpain and also cough. I am unable eat properly. Please understand my my health condition and give me some advice.
Doctor, I am suffering from severe gastric problem and becoming worst day by day. Nose burning, pain in my throat and chest and burning in my stomach. When I pass motion it burns like fire. Feeling difficult to breath. At mid night I wake up suddenly with acid reflux in my chest and nose blockage. I am getting allergy phlegm which is not stopping since from 3 months. My throat has become sore and painful. Chest tightness. What is the best and immediate remedy for this. Please suggest. I am 44 years old Female.
Cardiomyopathy includes diseases involving the heart muscle. These diseases have various causes, types, symptoms and modes of treatment.
The heart muscle gets enlarged, thick or rigid. In several cases, the heart muscle tissue is replaced with a scar tissue. As this condition worsens, the heart gets weaker and the ability to pump blood is disrupted, which can cause heart failure or irregular beating of the heart. The weakened state of the heart can lead to valvar diseases.
The different types of cardiomyopathy are:
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: This is a common form and affects people of all ages. Men and women are affected equally. This condition arises due to the enlargement and thickening of the heart muscle. The ventricles, the septum and the lower heart chamber usually thicken, which causes obstruction in pumping of blood by the heart. This disease also causes stiffness in the ventricles, and cellular changes in the tissue.
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy: This form of cardiomyopathy develops due to the enlargement and weakening of the ventricles. The issue arises from the left ventricle and develops over time. It may even affect the right ventricle. More effort is put in by the heart muscles for pumping blood and slowly the heart is unable to pump blood effectively. This condition may lead to heart failure, valve diseases or blood clots in the heart.
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy: This disease occurs due to the stiffening of the ventricles, without thickening of the walls of the heart. The ventricles are not allowed to relax and do not receive a sufficient volume of blood supply. This condition causes heart failure and valvar problems over time.
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia: This rare form of cardiomyopathy occurs when fat or fibrous tissues replace the muscle tissue of the right ventricle. This causes arrhythmias and disruption in the electrical signals of the heart. It generally affects teens and may cause cardiac arrest in athletes.
- Unclassified Cardiomyopathy: Some types of cardiomyopathy of this category include left ventricular non compaction where the ventricles develop trabeculations. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy is another disease where immense stress causes failure of the heart muscles.
Treatment: Many cases of cardiomyopathy come and go away on their own. Treatment for other cases depends on the severity and symptoms. The major treatment methods are:
Lifestyle changes meant for a healthier heart.
- Nonsurgical methods.
- Surgery and implants
Modes of surgery for treatment of cardiomyopathy include:
- Septal myectomy
- Heart transplant
Implant devices such as Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) device, Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), Left ventricular assist device and pacemakers are fitted into the heart for better performance.
Cardiomyopathy can be of many different types, each arising from different situations and conditions. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the complication or on the basis of symptoms.