Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. FakathifYour feedback matters!
I am having right side chest pain but it comes and goes, how to find whether its because of gas or some other reason?
I have bp. Most of the time when I check its high&i take medicine too. I need to check it at home. please suggest a good bp checking device.
My 20 days baby had large perimberence vsd, doctors done 2d echo and advised to do surgery after 3 months and they have given furoped drops daily. 3ml dose for 6 weeks, actually I have heard about this medicine usage and side effects, I am confused about this medicine please suggest me is these medicine useful to prevent vsd.
My mother age 60 years is not feeling to have food of any kind, although she tells she feels hungry. Very poor oral intake. Done endoscopy, report is normal. Some times she is having gas problems , for which she is taking medicines. Because of not having food she is getting weak day by day. She iscalso taking medicines for hypertension and cholesterol. Doctor here has recommended injection for strength weekly twice. But still condition is not improving. Kindly advise. Thanks.
My mother has undergone Stent insertion procedure 1 year back and now she is experiencing persistent palpitations/chest pain. Is it normal?
I am 21 years old I have a mild pain on left side of chest and middle part which make me discomfort. This pain lies for certain minutes only. Some time the mild left hand ache also occurs.
I am having high sgot and sgpt with higher cholesterol levels and tryglclycrides of 245 at age 34. High rbc 5.62.
I am gastritis and sugar patient and also left hand back pain heart pain. Last day angiography done nothing comes no blockage. But acid in stomach still today and also gas and heartburn. Please give answers gastroenterologist. Now further what to do if endoscopy ?or? 2 times endoscopy done nothing comes on.
My father is 78 yrs. Old. Yesterday he was facing problem in the heart i.e. Pulling effect in the heart.
Cholesterol is a vital component, which helps the body to make healthy cells. This wax like component is found in the lipid of the blood. An increased cholesterol count elevates the risk of heart diseases in a person. It thickens the vessels of the arteries resulting in less oxygen flow in the heart. This, in turn, increases the chances of a stroke. High cholesterol can happen from lifestyle habits and inheritance. It is completely treatable and preventable.
What causes high cholesterol?
The blood carries the cholesterol which is attached to the proteins. The combination of cholesterol and protein is known as the lipoprotein. Primarily there are two different kinds of cholesterol that the lipoprotein carries:
- Low-density lipoprotein: LDL is the bad guy that carries all kinds of cholesterol present in the body. It eventually rests on the walls of the arteries, making it narrow and hard.
- High-density lipoprotein: This is the good guy which scans the excess cholesterol and take them back to the liver.
Ideally, the body should have low LDL and high HDL. But often the reverse happens, resulting in high cholesterol and cardiac diseases. Factors such as unhealthy diet, inactivity for most of the day and obesity is responsible for the same. Even the genetic set up can play a hand in a high count of LDL in the body. There is nothing that can be done in this case except to seek medical help.
6 factors that put you at risk:
- Poor diet: Cholesterol levels are dramatically increased when baked products and saturated fats are consumed in an excess amount. Other high cholesterol food products include dairy products, processed fats and red meat. Refraining from this food items will drastically reduce the chances of getting high cholesterol in the body.
- Obesity: Obesity results from too much of fat storage in the body. It not only fatigues a person faster, but puts a person at high risk of getting cholesterol. The body mass index should be always lesser than 30 to abstain the risk of cholesterol.
- Waist circumference: A waist circumference of more than 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women can increase the risk of cholesterol.
- Diabetes: This is one of the major causes of high cholesterol. It not only damages the artery lining, but results in higher LDL and lower HDL.
- Less workout: Leading a life which is devoid of exercise and jogging can increase the chances of getting high cholesterol. Exercise boost HDL count in the body and mitigates the risk of low HDL.
- Smoking: The blood vessel walls get damaged with smoking. The blood vessels start accumulating fatty acids thereby increasing the chances of getting high cholesterol.