Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. EzilarsiYour feedback matters!
Migraine vs. Headache: know the difference
How to differentiate between a migraine and headache?
When you feel pain or pressure in your head, it may become difficult for you to assess whether you are experiencing a common headache or a migraine. Let's understand how different they are from each other.
A typical headache usually affects both sides of your head and varies from a mild to moderate pain. It can last from 30 minutes to up to a period of one week.
Some specific areas which get affected by a headache are:
- Back of your neck
Factors that trigger this headache type are a muscle strain, stress or anxiety.
A migraine, on the other hand, is also a type of a headache which results in an acute throbbing sensation in one part of your head. Usually, migraine headaches are highly painful. Migraine pain makes it difficult for a person to carry out his/her daily tasks. Symptoms or signs associated with migraine attacks are:
- Sensitivity to sound or light
- Pain in the temples
- Temporary loss of vision
- Pain behind your ear or eye
What are the common causes of a migraine?
- Hormonal imbalances in women - fluctuations in oestrogen, especially during menopause or pregnancy seem to trigger a migraine
- Drinks like wine and extremely caffeinated beverages
- Foods such as salty foods, aged cheese as well as processed foods can trigger the migraine attack.
- Medications - vasodilators such as nitroglycerine and oral contraceptives can intensify migraine pain.
How to treat a headache?
Fortunately, you can get rid of stress-induced headaches through over-the-counter treatments, which include:
How to treat a migraine?
If you experience migraine attacks less frequently, these medicines may give you quick relief:
- Triptans, such as rizatriptan (Maxalt) or almotriptan (Axert)
- Antinausea medicines, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), promethazine (Phenergan) or prochlorperazine (Compazine)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as acetaminophen, naproxen sodium, aspirin or ibuprofen
Some preventive tips:
- Make changes in your diet such as avoid such foods, including caffeine and alcohol which are believed to trigger headaches.
- You can also try muscle relaxation exercises, yoga or meditation to ease the migraine attack.
Related Tip: 8 Common Migraine Triggers You Must Stay Away From
Hi, I am married 29 years of age. I had one abortion done 4 months before. Recently I had white discharge, I am not sure about that. Is it something serious? Please advice.
If there is blood in your urine, it is a sign of renal illness. While this could be happening because of various reasons, it is advisable to see your doctor soon.
Following are the causes of blood in your urine:
- An enlarged prostate - An enlarged prostate is a common cause of the appearance of blood in the urine in men who are in their middle ages or older. Enlargement of the prostate gland causes the urethra to be compressed. This prevents the urethra from getting fully emptied while urination.
- Cancer - A cancerous kidney, bladder or prostate gland can also cause blood to appear in the urine. It is another major cause of hematuria but usually occurs in older patients.
- Infection - Infections like urethritis, pyelonephritis, cystitis or infection in any other body organ along the urinary tract is one of the most common causes of hematuria. Such bacterial infection in the urethra can also infect the kidneys and the urinary bladder. It results in the urge to urinate frequently and also causes blood to appear in the urine.
- Kidney stones and bladder stones - Another reason that can cause blood to appear in the urine is the presence of stones in the kidney or bladder. These stones are crystallized minerals that are formed in the kidney or the bladder but fail to pass through the urinary tract. They cause blockage and pain and result in hematuria.
- Polycystic kidney disease - PKD is a kidney disorder in which cysts filled with fluid form in the kidneys and impair the kidneys, causing them to fail entirely at times. It is an inherited disease and causes blood to appear in the urine.In children who are between 6-10 years of age, kidney disorder after streptococcal glomerulonephritis can be a possible cause of hematuria.
The girl will be virgin after anal sex or not Is the anal sex affect the virginity of a girl.Please tell.
My wife is pregnant of 6 months (first pregnancy). Few months back she had pinworm infection, so her gynecologist give Albendazole tablet to treat infection twice a month. From last 3 months she had taken 2 doses in a month. But now I see on internet that Albendazole must not be taken during pregnancy. Sir / Madam please suggest me, how will this tablet effect the baby and have any solution for this happening?
I'm having tummy pain while my periods and sometimes so tired and back pain while period please suggest me some medicine or exercise or home remedy fr this.
Homeopathy can very efficiently deal with cases of hair loss, and produce excellent results. In homeopathy, a huge number of wonderful medicines are present that are used to tackle hair loss cases. Every kind of hair loss (ranging from hair loss due to anemia / nutritional deficiencies, due to skin disorders, due to mental / physical trauma, due to childbirth or menopause, after acute diseases, to alopecia areata, alopecia totalis or androgenetic alopecia) can be treated with the help of well selected homeopathic medicines. To treat hair loss through homeopathy detail case history of the patient needs to be studied. The cause and site of hair loss are to be noted down along with the constitutional symptoms of the patient which are given prime importance in any kind of case of hair loss. The constitutional symptoms include the eating habits, level of thirst, thermals, mental symptom etc. And these are to be given top position in forming the totality of symptoms while case taking. After the case has been properly evaluated, the case homeopathic medicine is administered to the patient.