Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ezhilmalar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. EzhilmalarYour feedback matters!
Some people shy away from the concept of counselling because of a lot of stereotypes and judgements associated with it. Many people believe that going to a counsellor means something is wrong with you. However, that is not the whole truth. Counselling helps you in organizing your life and thoughts and this further helps you in making beneficial and positive choices in your life and career.
Counselling for your personal life
Counselling can go a long way in enriching your life and also helps you in moving forward on a positive and successful path. It can help you:
- Feel less lonely- Since you do not know the counsellor personally, you won’t feel awkward talking about your problems and thoughts which you normally do not share with your family and friends due to the fear of judgement. Doing this makes you feel a lot better and helps you in dealing with your problems.
- You get to see everything in a different light- When you go through something in your life and keep it to yourself, it sometimes causes you to see everything from an one-dimensional and pessimistic perspective. But when you talk to someone about it, it might help you see the same problem from a different viewpoint. In some cases, a new take on your problem can make you tamp down its intensity, unlike how you perceived it initially.
- Release of emotions- Bottling up your emotions is never a good idea since it can make you feel depressed and anxious. Opening yourself up and talking about your problems freely can be a very relieving experience which can make you feel ten times better and happier.
- Sharing your experiences and burdens- Having that one person who will always listen to you and your difficulties without any judgements ensures that you stay mentally and psychologically happy.
- Counselling helps a lot in creating self-awareness- Scrutinizing and discussing your thoughts and emotions with your counsellor can make you greatly aware of yourself and your character. The moment you realize which path to take, everything will become clear to you and provide you with the much needed peace of mind.
Counselling for your professional life
Counselling doesn’t just help you personally but can also help you a lot professionally. It can do so in the following ways:
- Counselling rids you of confusion- If you are confused about which direction to take in your career, go to a counselor and he will help you get clarity. He will steer you in the right direction by going through your educational qualifications and then guiding you through the prospective career options.
- Helps you understand your strengths and weaknesses- Education counsellors can help you understand your strong points and well as weak points and make a plan for your career accordingly. This will help you figure out the road you need to take and the ones to avoid viz-a-viz your career.
- Assists you with your job searches- If you are looking for jobs, counsellors can make your job searching a whole lot easier. They will help you with your research, preparing documents such as cover letters and resumes.
- Provides mental and emotional support- Building your career and looking for jobs can sometimes be an emotionally draining process. Counselling can help you keep a calm and level head. Counsellors can play a very big part in boosting your morale by providing you with the much needed motivation and support.
- Helps you in dealing with problems in the workplace- in case you are going through any problems in your office, you can talk about it with your counsellor. He or she will help you understand the situation and give tips so that you can find a solution for the same.
Counselling has numerous benefits that can help you in so many ways in making your life better. Having a clear and peaceful mind is a crucial part of being happy in life. So, if you are going through any difficulty don’t hesitate in reaching out to a counselor. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Due to thyroid im getting irregular periods ,my gyno asked me to get the hormonal tests done, is it advisable, wat is this test done for, its quite expensive.
Hello doc. I was 10 weeks pregnant according to my last period date 18 may and I got irregular periods since 4 months scanning report of baby growth is only 6 week 3 days no heart beat seen only IU sac and fetal pole seen and doc gave me maintain injection for no heart beat. Nd told to come on 25 July she says you would have get beat by this time. After giving inj. and this time also same growth and no beat. So she told us to stop pregnancy and gave tab zytotec and mefepein. So do you think her advice is correct and for 2nd pregnancy is there any problem happens like this. and after how many months we try for second. Please help.
I am 25 years old married female, my periods are not coming and there is white starch from vagina along with itching.
Periods, on their own, can be very uncomfortable but sometimes it can also trigger a rash making it all the more uncomfortable. This is a common problem faced by women who use commercial pads or sanitary napkins during this period. This is because they contain plastics, scents and chemicals that can irritate the sensitive skin in your genital area. Here are a few tips to help you deal with these rashes:
Change Your Pads Regularly: Whether your flow is light or heavy, the same pad should not be worn for more than 4 to 6 hours. Change your pads even if your pad does not look full once this time has passed. Along with menstrual blood, sanitary napkins also soak up sweat and bacteria. The groyne area is naturally moist and warmer than the rest of your body making it the ideal condition for bacteria to grow. Changing your pad regularly keeps these bacteria from multiplying.
Consider Alternatives: One of the main reasons pads cause rashes is because they rub against the skin and this friction irritates the skin. Hence, consider alternatives like tampons and menstrual cups that do not rub against the skin. You could also try cloth pads made using natural unbleached cotton.
Wear Right Underwear: Avoid synthetic underwear and use the only cotton while you are on your periods. This allows the skin to breathe and keeps moisture from building up inside the underwear. Also, ensure that your underwear fits well and can hold your pad in place.
Clean Well: Do not use wipes or tissue to clean your genital area but instead wash gently with water a few times a day. Once washed, dry the skin thoroughly before putting your underwear on. Do not use any type of soap, body wash or scents in the area. Also, avoid bubble baths and saunas.
See a Doctor: In some cases, a rash can also be a symptom of herpes or a vaginal yeast infection. If you alternate between pads and tampons, a rash could also be a sign of toxic shock syndrome. Hence, if the rash persists for a few days, consult a doctor. Your doctor can prescribe a topical cream to be used to relieve the itchiness and inflammation depending on the rash. You could also use an anti-chafing cream on your bikini line. Diaper rash cream is an over the counter cream that usually works well in such cases.
If you wish to discuss any Specific problem, Consult a Gynaecologist.