Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. EzhilarasiYour feedback matters!
I am a 61 year old male. On Sunday I had heavy discharge of blood from my penis. Referred the matter to a Urologist who recommended for urine culture and sensitivity tests as well as cytology. Cytology- negative. Urine c&S - 1-2 pus cells; growth of Pseudomonas aeruginosa grown after 24hrs incubation. Does this mean infection only due to which the discharge of blood was there is it a rupture of an artery/vein in the testicles? How do we identify the later and will it require endoscopy?
My friend is suffering from thyroids and now 7 mm stone in kidney is diagnosed .is it a big size stone? What treatment should be for stone removal process. One my friend recommend for Homeopathic treatment .is it work or medicine can dissolve the stone. Please suggest something.
From few days my urine is stinking. And moreover the colour of my urine is reddish. I also feel lazy and can't concentrate on any thing. Moreover my mussels pains and the lower back. Is this the sign of kidney problem. Please help me. What should I do.
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) happens when germs infect your urinary system. It includes the kidneys, bladder, and the connecting tubes. Bladder infections are normal and not a huge risk if treated immediately. Further, if the disease spreads to the kidneys, it can bring about very serious problems. In case you're a woman, your chance of getting a urinary tract disease is higher. Experts rank your lifetime danger of getting a UTI as one in every woman. Many women might even have repeated infections.
UTIs are a key reason why we are frequently advised to wipe ourselves from front to back while or after using the bathroom. That is because of the urethra - the tube that carries the urine outside the body. It is found near the anus. If the infection isn't dealt with, the kidneys are likely to be affected.
Symptoms: To recognize a UTI, watch out for the following side effects:
- Burning sensation while urinating
- A regular urge to urinate, despite the fact that little turns out when you do
- Pressure in your belly
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Dark, bleeding or odd smelling urine
- Feeling drained or shaky
- Fever or chills (a sign the disease may have come to your kidneys)
Home Remedies: Some of the home remedies for UTI are:
- Drink lots of water: One of the main things to do when you have a urinary tract infection is drink a lot of water.
- Load Up on Vitamin C for a Healthy Urinary Tract: Getting a lot of vitamin C is important, since a lot of vitamin C make your urine more acidic. This prevents bacteria from developing.
- Cure UTI Pain with Heat: Applying a warming cushion can calm the region.
- Cut Bladder Irritants from Your Diet: Avoid caffeine, liquor, nicotine, carbonated beverages, and fake sweeteners.
- Empty Your Bladder Again: Each time you exhaust your bladder - regardless of the possibility that it's only a little, you get rid of bacteria every time. So continue making those washroom runs.
- Consider Herbal Remedies: You may discover some relief from taking the herb uva ursi (bearberry leaf)
- Switch to Healthier Habits: Change in lifestyle can make a lot of difference. For instance, quit smoking and wear cotton clothing.
Other Treatment: In case, you have 3 or more UTI bouts in a year, request your specialist for a special treatment plan. Some treatment choices include:
You can take an anti-toxin in low dosage, over a more extended period to avoid repeated infections.
You can also take a single dosage of anti-biotic after sex, as prescribed by your specialist.
A patient can also take anti-toxins for 1 or 2 days as the symptoms show up. The treatments should be only be taken after concerning the specialists. You can also use an at-home urine test kit when you see the symptoms appearing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
I have kidney stone with uti infection I have pain in my both side. I had bleeding before my periods and after that I am not feeling good.
Hi! I am 28 years old. Last January 2016 I had surgery of renal calculus on left kidney. After the surgery, I am having pain in the same area. I consulted with same doctor, but nothing came out in ultrasound and xray. It was normal. But frankly telling, m not feeling good. The pain is coming and after few days, it vanishes. Recently I shifted to bangalore, consulted with another doctor. He suggested for Mri scanning. But there also report normal. However, since 1 month I am feeling something in the same area. Itching also started. Please suggest something. I am very much tensed.
She is having pain in urinary bladder and her stomach is getting bigger . She is feeling like she need to pee but nothing comes out . What can we do now please help.
I have reddish appearance in my urine since 4 months continuously? why is it happening? is it a symptom of any fatal disease?
Polycystic kidney disease is a disorder that is inherited; it is characterized by development of cysts in the kidneys. These cysts are round sacs that contain a water like fluid. Initially, the size of the cysts are small, they tend to increase in size after the fluid accumulation. This disorder can also cause cysts to develop in the liver and other parts of the body.
Symptoms and Complications
The most common symptoms of this disorder are back pain, headache, high blood pressure and kidney failure. It can also lead to formation of stones in the kidney, presence of blood in the urine and an urge to urinate frequently. It also make your kidney prone to various bacterial infections.
The disease is caused because of the presence of defective genes in the body, implying that this disorder is primarily hereditary. In some cases, the disease is caused by a genetic mutation. Based on the causes, it is classified into two types:
- Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease: This disorder causes the symptoms to appear immediately after birth, although the symptoms are delayed until adolescence. This disorder only occurs when both the parents carry the defective gene which is passed to the offspring.
- Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease: This disorder usually tends to occur only after the age of 30. Unlike the previous type, here only one parent needs to carry the defective gene that is passed on to the offspring.
The treatment of polycystic kidney disease generally involves dealing with the following signs:
- Pain: Chronic pain, usually in the sides of the body or the back, is a common symptom of this disorder. You can opt for pain reliving medication such as ibuprofen. If the cysts are large, then surgery is required to ease the pain.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure is best controlled by a following a healthy diet and lifestyle. High blood pressure can damage the kidneys severely. Medications may also be required to control blood pressure, if it rises abnormally.